• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
I thought eliminating wheat would be good enough.

I've been making meals with rice the past month (I'd say 60% white, 40% brown).

I literally look like I've ballooned :(

I still have a jawline but my face looks fatter so now it looks like my face is having a hard time deciding between looking toned and looking fat :(

I exercise and do cardio every day unless I'm feeling sick :(

Any advice on how to love food that tastes like garbage and doesn't fill you up?

And yes, I know, calories in calories out. Idk how I slipped so bad these past couple of months but like UGH no wheat and no carbs is just hard and I don't like meat very much (or dairy)

Nov 23, 2017
Im kind of getting the feeling that OP is one of those people that always see themselves as fat despite being in better shape than everyone they know....

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry I can make you a healthy shake

filled with pizza and soda

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
You (allegedly) got fat on rice, but you're blaming wheat? 🤔

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Im kind of getting the feeling that OP is one of those people that always see themselves as fat despite being in better shape than everyone they know....

There was a time where I would say I'm overweight but then someone took a video of me and I said "omg who's that stick..." and it was me

But that was like a year and a half ago

But ya pretty sure I have body dysmorphia whats ur point

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it's the rice making you feel that way. Personally I consume very little carbs. I always hated the bloated feeling and I'm more green/meat/dairy/fish than anything else and feel fantastic.

OP, you might benefit from incorporating fasting into your daily schedule. Even if it's not explicitly to lose weight, you'll physically and mentally feel better.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the last thread of yours I read you were going on about how you had an amazing ass.

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was a time where I would say I'm overweight but then someone took a video of me and I said "omg who's that stick..." and it was me

Maybe the answer isn't about dieting, but seeking therapy.

Also consider embracing body positively! Can't be paranoid about dysmorphia if you love yourself regardless.

edit: this isn't about becoming fat. And you won't become fat if you tackle your underlying body issues.

mentalfloss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Strap on a fit bit and count those calories.

Set your budget to 500-1000 calorie deficit per day.

Boost your metabolism by drinking water and getting enough sleep.

If you're going to eat anything that's high in calories, try to make sure it also has fibre.

And eat a lot of protein (plant or animal, it doesn't matter as long as it's significant)

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Processed carbs are shit. Look for foods with low glycemic load. White, polished rice is not good in general. Go for more brown, non-polished, if you can.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
How much rice exactly do you have per meal? A small bowl's worth (roughly the size of your palm) should be sufficient.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

Yeah I very recently came to terms with my chunkitude, and have lost 25 pounds exercising and watching what I eat.

My goal isn't to be twink or skinny, that is just not in the cards for me.

But I will be a beefy piece of manmeat, my tiny hank hill ass already double since june, by this time next year it will block the sun with my thiccness.

0x03

Oct 25, 2017
Buy a food scale. Download MyFitnessPal. Track everything you eat for at least a month. You are almost assuredly eating too many calories.

Mar 29, 2018
You could also be intolerant to rice, so literally be bloating after eating it.

Also, strength training. Do that as well as cardio. Make bigger muscles and they spend more energy.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Carbs are carbs. It doesn't matter whether they're processed or any other nonsense. You can eat them just fine as long as other things are in line. Hell, I lost weight eating a package of funny bones every day.

Simply put, your macros are out of whack. 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat, or thereabouts. Do this within the calorie range you need to lose, maintain, or gain. Losing, you'll bias towards keeping muscle, and gaining, you'll bias towards building it.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
What kind of diet are you trying to do?

If you're going to cut wheat you may as well cut all carbs (except vegetables).

I lost 8kg over 2 - 3 months (now stable at 57kg but slowly transforming fat into muscle) by swapping carbs for more protein.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
You say in your very post CICO. just calculate what you are eating. Honestly rice is super filling for the calorie count, I recently incorporated it into my diet. Rice bowls with some chicken (fake or real depending on vegetarian) strips and broccoli with soy sauce. The whole thing comes in under 500 calories has a damn good protein ratio and is loaded with flavor.

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
I have never read an article that said carbs cause fat on your face.
For real. I eat generous portions of rice everyday to boost my calorie consumption (along with at least 150g of protein everyday) which helps me keep my muscle mass. Still ripped at 37.

Carbs are not evil. Ultra processed shit is what you need to avoid.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Carbs are evil. I am doing a very low calorie diet and dropping major pounds. Last time I tried my limit was 400 calories higher than this time, but I figured then that I'd eat carbs since I was limiting calories either way. Big mistake, made it impossibly hard because they don't fill you up and then make you more hungry later!

Now it's been pretty easy at an even stricter limit, eating few carbs.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
because they don't fill you up and then make you more hungry later!
Exactly. It's like an infinite∞loop. Hardest part about cutting them is that they are an ingrained (lol) staple to nearly every meal and they're fucking everywhere. Other than that, after two days to a week with no/minimal carbage, it's smoooooth sailin'.

Oct 25, 2017
I have never read an article that said carbs cause fat on your face.
For real. I eat generous portions of rice everyday to boost my calorie consumption (along with at least 150g of protein everyday) which helps me keep my muscle mass. Still ripped at 37.

Carbs are not evil. Ultra processed shit is what you need to avoid.
Controlled for calorie count and with resistance exercise carb heavy diets make you fatter than protein heavy ones.

Protein/Fat heavy and carb diets will make you feel fuller and better and lose weight

SeanBoocock

Senior Engineer @ Epic Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

Uh this is a serious issue, regardless of your diet or weight. Please seek out help for this as the ramifications are serious (disordered eating is one of the deadliest mental illnesses and you can do significant, long term damage to your health).

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I very recently came to terms with my chunkitude, and have lost 25 pounds exercising and watching what I eat.

My goal isn't to be twink or skinny, that is just not in the cards for me.

But I will be a beefy piece of manmeat, my tiny hank hill ass already double since june, by this time next year it will block the sun with my thiccness.

This post got better after every word.

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
Controlled for calorie count and with resistance exercise carb heavy diets make you fatter than protein heavy ones.

Protein/Fat heavy and carb diets will make you feel fuller and better and lose weight
Carb heavy diets might make you fatter, yes. Rice alone doesn't make you fatter.

Jun 10, 2018
Carbs are not the devil. Carbs from sources like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sweet potatoes (you get the idea) won't wreck your internal homeostasis because they come in conjunction with plenty of minerals and fiber.

The carbs that are the devil are the highly processed ones and/or the ones high on the Glycemic index. So, not only the stuff like sugar and HFCS, but even things like apples, bananas, grapes, rice, nonfat dairy, and most wheat-derived products. And the answer is really simply:

1). During the production process these goods are stripped of nutrients/fiber to slow the digestion of the carbohydrate
2.) Sugar/chemicals are added only furthering the advancement of de novo lipogenesis.

Then you have to factor in, because we tend to eat some of these products heated, the creation of gylcated end products (sticky proteins) which weaken and clog up our arteries, and the fact soybean/canola oils, which are chemically derived unstable fats we eat constantly, create the same problems in our bodies.

So, in short: if you're gonna eat a carbohydrate, always consider:
A) it's glycemic index and B) whether it was highly processed.

I forgot to mention this, but also don't be swayed by the organically derived lable either - particularly with sugar. Because whether you're getting it from a fruit, all natural honey, or HFCS, biochemically they are all broken down the same and lead to the same problems (weight gain; Type-2 Diabetes).