• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or moving violation?

We all got em, let's hear em. I'll start:

I got one for doing 91 in a 55 on 9/11 at about 1130 PM. Yes THE 9/11. No nowhere even close to anything that happened on 9/11. Highways were open wide and a friend offered to let me drive his 2000 Corvette. No regrets.

Go

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
didnt get a ticket but on my first day of drivin school in hs i went 80 and got yelled at by my instructor. no regrets

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got one for allegedly doing 62 in a 45. I was actually just coming off of waiting at a red light and never made it over 40 before I had to stop again at the next red.
I was doing about 25-30 when the cop made a u-turn to go after me.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
55 in a 25. Tbh, I was going prob 60.

Was when I was in college lol. It was a fucking backroad where no one lived and it was almost always empty. It as my first ticket too. Matter fact, I went to court to defend myself and had it reduced to 5 over.

I remember I even brought my College transcript and did a preemptive AARP certification lol. I was ready to fight. The judge pretty much made his decision after I told him I had a 4.0gpa. The only time my grades helped outside of school

The other 2 tickets I have had have all been 15 over on the interstate. Kinda bs, but troopers are def gonna take you down for anything 10 over. Haven't had a ticket in 2 years now tho, so that's nice.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
65 in a 40. Was a country road and looked like it should be fast. Had no cars around to judge the appropriate speed, but apparently it wasn't close to 65. Forgot to check dem speed limit signs. Deferred disposition is nice

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Both of the ones I've gotten were for 11 over: going 51 in a 40 and 71 in a 60.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
115 in a 65.

I was on the highway driving to a convention where my girlfriend at the time was cheating on me. I was having a panic attack and was in a self harm phase.
Only reason I wasn't arrested is because I lied and said she was having a baby and I was trying to get there as fast as possible.

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
I think I was going 60ish or more in a school zone on a holiday. I was 19 and I had just gotten my first car. I had cleaned my car the day before and forgot to put my registration back in the car. I'm Puerto Rican and was about to shit myself as I thought I was for sure going to get arrested.

Guy didn't even give me wreckless driving. Maxed out the fee I had to pay though. $191. I didn't fight it since I had so many things going against me. Lesson learned early in my driving career lol. Honestly, I deserved it.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Goddamn but I go most of the time around 77-80 on 65 highways thinking i'm safe if i say under 80...Couple weeks ago had to go 90 because of some idiots blocking both left lanes for a good while but luckily some other dude got fed up and was right behind my bumper. He got pulled over in a matter of seconds and I made it out lol. Still no speeding ticket and hopefully I'm not jinxing it with this post.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
When I first got my bike I got 3 speeding tickets in a weekend. 1 more and I would've lost my licence.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
75 in a 60 going through Arlington, TX

The cop asked why I was going so fast and I told him I was just going with the flow of traffic, wasn't paying attention. He said that he appreciated the honesty and that it still wasn't an excuse. Knocked 7 mph off my ticket though so whatever.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
I was going at 80Km/h on a 70 area, so I deserved it, but there were several cars that passed me and I got the ticket lol

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I've gotten a handful of little speeding tickets in my personal car. My worst one was in a work vehicle, though. I think I was doing 70 or so down a 40mph street under construction.

I got off pretty light on that, all things considered. And not even in the way cops trick stupid people into thinking they did them a favor. Something about having a vehicle full of work shit or a clipboard with tons of addresses dated for that day seems to get cops to cut you a break.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
100kmh in a 60km zone. It was my first and so far last ticket. No real reason for it other than that I was being a dumb 18-year old. Lost my license for six weeks if I recall and had to re-take the driving test, so I definitely learned right away lol.

I will say that re-taking the test only months after passing it with flying colors was a bit funny, though. We just drove around for half an hour with the examiner, chatting about army shit and so on since it was right around the time of my mandatory conscription.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Only been pulled over once, didn't get a ticket but was 15+ over due to missing the speed change coming off a different road and a steep hill.

Probably why the cop was set-up there as a speed trap. Only decided not to give me a ticket because I was visiting from out of state and it would have been hard to prosecute it he said.

Been very observant when driving on unfamiliar roads now.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
lol I've never gotten one but I definitely speed when I can. One night I was going 100 on the turnpike which is 65, definitely would not do that nowadays.

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
In terms of being pure garbage? I sped up a little to get up a hill and when I got to the top went back to the speed limit. Some asshat in an all black SUV, tinted windows and no markings pulls me over for going 10 over. I told him it was like 5 and he asked what the difference was.

Other than that, in terms of being a speed demon: 95 on I-84.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Nothing spectacular maybe 8mph over, but my sister was clocked going 109mph in a 55 with her Buick with tires that had broken belts.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I got one for allegedly doing 62 in a 45. I was actually just coming off of waiting at a red light and never made it over 40 before I had to stop again at the next red.
I was doing about 25-30 when the cop made a u-turn to go after me.
I'm gonna assume you're not white?

I once got followed for 30mins aggressively by an undercover cop (probably off duty too) for his cop buddies to then pull me over. Apparently I "cut him off" when I got on the freeway, but really I just caused him to apply his breaks while he was speeding and he tailgated me all the way to my college class I wws driving too.

Never had a speeding ticket, just this one bogus ego power move bullshit experience.

Last edited:

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
only had one, 62 in a 45. Granted it was in the middle of no where alaska , supposed to be a town there but there's barely even any buildings along the road and I was the only going in my direction

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Never gotten one, been driving for 15 years. I drive 5-10 over (unless the speed limit is already like 75 mph) and it just never happened.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Doing 71 in a 55 up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, cop write it up as only going five over or whatever but that was a long time ago... Got pulled over last week after getting off work because I forgot that the speed limit in the town I work in is 30 and not 35 until you reach certain spots which is where my work is and I was going 41. Small town so it was dead by the time I got out (around 10:25pm) and the lights were all flashing by then, cop was someone who I've interactive with before which is probably why he didn't give me a ticket.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna assume you're not white?

I once got followed for 30mins aggressively by an undercover cop (probably off duty too) for his cop buddies to then pull me over. Apparently I "cut him off" when I got on the freeway, but really I just caused him to apply his breaks while he was speeding and he tailgated me all the way to my college class I wws driving too.

Never had a speeding ticket, just this one bogus ego power move bullshit experience.

I'm white, but I had just left the police station a couple minutes before, and had chewed the guy's boss a new asshole.

Oct 27, 2017
55 in a 25. Tbh, I was going prob 60.

Was when I was in college lol. It was a fucking backroad where no one lived and it was almost always empty. It as my first ticket too. Matter fact, I went to court to defend myself and had it reduced to 5 over.

I remember I even brought my College transcript and did a preemptive AARP certification lol. I was ready to fight. The judge pretty much made his decision after I told him I had a 4.0gpa. The only time my grades helped outside of school

The other 2 tickets I have had have all been 15 over on the interstate. Kinda bs, but troopers are def gonna take you down for anything 10 over. Haven't had a ticket in 2 years now tho, so that's nice.

This triggers me lol.

Why should people on a successful path get treated softer than those currently struggling? Like if you're smart and work hard you shouldnt have full consequences, but if you're dumb/lazy/depressed, well then you deserve the book thrown at you. Makes no sense. Seems like those with good grades on a good path would be more likely to be able to handle any legal inconviniences.

"You are well positioned to, in the near future, help make rich people richer. That deserves consideration."

"We only apply the harshest penalties to those already struggling who arent positioned to fight back."

Like, I'm not mad at you at all, seems like you did the right thing for you and it worked out, I'm just not sure I understand the logic of good grades getting people out of repercussions for breaking the law.

OT: never got a speeding ticket, but for the years I was most likely to get one I was in a 1983 Saab 900s that could only hit 80 downhill with the wind behind me lol.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
While living in Australia for a year - I got a ~$250 ticket. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was like 7-10 km/h above the speed limit. Aussies aren't messing around when it comes to speeding

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
None. With the number of speed cameras around the UK that fine you automatically you'd be crazy to go over the limit. My mum stopped in the wrong spot for 2 min and was fined. I went online and could see the photo, time and date of the violation.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like cops have gotten more lenient lately... I've made several cross country trips over the past few years, with my cruising speed generally around 15 over the limit, and I haven't been busted in that time. Either that or I've developed a sixth sense for detecting speed traps and mastered the art of not being the biggest asshole on the road.

I think I've gotten 4 tickets in my life (or possibly 5), once in college for going 43 in a 25 on a lonely road entering campus, the rest were on the interstate, the worst was 84 in a 65.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've only gotten two tickets in my life, but the one that stings the most was a few weeks after getting my first car. Apparently there's a very well-known speed camera right outside of town that EVERYBODY knows about... except me. So it caught be going 65 where the speed limit was 50. Had to pay 120 Euros for that.