• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 3, 2019
Im so confused why there so many multi-computer setups, like whats the use case for 3 computers on your desk? Lol
gTExI2u.jpg

Last edited:

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Cleaned out the retro/spare/junk room for the only desk space in the house, cause it's rented and we don't own shit for furniture. Home browser and music control on the right, work on the laptop screen in the middle. Only way I can get it to work properly with my work VPN's desktop scaling. Room's still a tip, but it's cosy and I got lots of gaming history memories around me.

6Mqd9HO.png

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Here's my workdesk in my basement, in between my home theater and my gym/workout equipment behind it.

4C5DCAn.jpg

I've been working for the last 5 years though, so this lockdown doesn't change much for me though.

But my actual gym closed yesterday for at least 2 weeks :(

So now I have no reason to leave the house.
This is some badass shit right here.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Started in my living room and just moved to the bedroom. At least I have a lot of natural light and good view

img-15412skft.jpg

img-154396kfz.jpg

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm going to be working from home for extended period, I think I'll need to invest in a better office chair. The one I have is fine and stylish, but would like to see if there are healthier options.

Any bang for buck recommendations on Amazon? Id prefer to get white or white/grey chair. I'm assuming a mesh back would be better for extended use?

EDIT: this what I currently have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E4MD9BM/

May 25, 2019
London
Cleaned out the retro/spare/junk room for the only desk space in the house, cause it's rented and we don't own shit for furniture. Home browser and music control on the right, work on the laptop screen in the middle. Only way I can get it to work properly with my work VPN's desktop scaling. Room's still a tip, but it's cosy and I got lots of gaming history memories around me.

6Mqd9HO.png

where do your legs go

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People get issued corporate/work computers that are separate from their personal computers.

I have a desktop that I use for recording music (its hooked into my audio interface) and then I have a docking station on top of that where my work laptop goes. I got a KVM switch for that to use the same monitors.

Oct 27, 2017
My phone sucks at panoramas, but oh well.

1GfNIYP.jpg

I tried working at the dining room table, and from the living room, but lack of monitors made it rough. I moved to my main PC desk to use its monitors, but there's a ton of stuff to distract me down here.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
dJMB9UN.jpg

Tucked away in our bonus room. Super glad we put a window in here now.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Same as my gaming setup. Attic office - keeps me nice and separated from the noise on the main floor.

guZLeAz.jpg

vadquec.jpg

99% of my job (when not in front of customers) is done over Teams and Outlook, with me primarily living in Excel. Pretty painless to work from home with a decent sized monitor and good headphones/mic.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
People get issued corporate/work computers that are separate from their personal computers.

And the people may also have a separate gaming PC.

Within three metres of where I am sitting I have a gaming PC, my Hackintosh, my MacBook Pro (which I use when traveling) and my work MacBook Pro.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
nothing because my company keeps back tracking on their ideas and testing to figure it out. Hopefully by next week some things get put together.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna bookmark this to see everyones desks. Been WFH for years and the big thing has always been finding a desk with enough realestate for my work and gaming altogether. Width and Depth BOTH are so important and depth is always overlooked.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
My setup.

f69WBVR.jpg

Oh and my mouse I use on iPad and surface book.

WF2rVvD.jpg
Digging it.

Stinkles how impacted have you guys been through this? All of 343 WFH yet?

Now a question to you and in general. Have you guys seen a reduction in productivity? From my end as a Systems Engineer for IAM Security at my company so far we have kept the ship pretty steady.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digging it.

Stinkles how impacted have you guys been through this? All of 343 WFH yet?

Now a question to you and in general. Have you guys seen a reduction in productivity? From my end as a Systems Engineer for IAM Security at my company so far we have kept the ship pretty steady.

company and management have been great and fast but it's too soon to say. Personally it's been mixed for me - I've gotten a ton of backlogged writing done but in person stuff is challenging and we're adjusting work methods- so different disciplines are impacted differently.

We're extremely lucky to work at a company taking it seriously from the outset and with great infrastructure. I can't help worry about folks less fortunate.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
company and management have been great and fast but it's too soon to say. Personally it's been mixed for me - I've gotten a ton of backlogged writing done but in person stuff is challenging and we're adjusting work methods- so different disciplines are impacted differently.

We're extremely lucky to work at a company taking it seriously from the outset and with great infrastructure. I can't help worry about folks less fortunate.
Guessing Microsoft Teams is in hehehe.

Sadly where I work we are still testing MS Teams. So my team has been relying on Skype & Zoom still and have started using slack until we can get Teams going later in the year hopefully.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked up an HP Z whatever monitor, got it delivered today from NewEgg ans it;s clearly one of the last models they had... sold out everywhere now.
My company has strict WFH until now where I'll likely be WFH until.... June... maybe? So wanted a good setup.

MS Teams has been good. I've been using it for a couple years but everything has worked really flawlessly the last 3 days. Great video + screen sharing quality, good audio quality. It's been great.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I'm triple displaying it, 2 floors away from any video games, lest I get distracted. I still keep my iPad and iPhone close at hand... for now...

atmegatron

Dec 27, 2017
Fortunate enough to have a dedicated WFH office (working freelance kinda demands it).
It's hard though to keep it tidy, with all other interests kinda bleeding into this space... I did clean up a bit for this picture :P

zUmY2ZS.jpg

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
I need 2 and that's good enough. I wonder if you get diminished returns past 2 monitors to the point it hinders productivity.
I find that if I have two proper screens plus the laptop screen (which is the in-office setup) then that's enough about 85% of the time. But there are definitely times where I'd kill to have an additional full-sized screen, because trying to read a 12" 1080p laptop screen isn't great fun.

Now we're all WFH I have to put up with said laptop screen plus a nice 1200p screen that's miles better than anything in the office, just a shame it's on its own. I find dropping from two full-sized screens plus laptop to one plus laptop is pretty grim and definitely hampers productivity. There are so many times when you just have to be able to look at two things side-by-side.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
I need to clear off my one desk...

I never worked from home before, so I don't really have a spare monitor, so I had to rely on connecting my laptop to a 32inch flat screen TV.

FzyMgCh.png

I'll make something a bit more permanent tomorrow.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I technically have 3, however only 1 for work. The other two are always video (iPad Pro) and IRC (7" HP tablet).
I use Duet so that my iPad Pro can be a second monitor - and a touch screen - it's surprisingly good. I wish there was a way to use it with an external HDMI source like a console. In fact it's been counfounding me for years that 99.9999% of tablets and laptops can't act as second monitors without some monkeypaw.

Duet annoyed me at first because of the cost and subscription antics but it really really works great. Latency is minimal and photoshop works great with Apple pencil weirdly enough. It's possible I'm forgettinng something important or am wrong, because I did a quick test blast on a day with a lot going on so I'm gonna double check.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
I haven't really done a long WFH before (at most, it would be once a month) so I had to scramble to figure something out.

Usually I just keep my laptop on the kitchen table, but my wife doesn't want me there all day while she's stuck at home too.

And so, a makeshift WFH setup was born:

We7qOR2.jpg

iAd9kYG.jpg

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Same as my gaming setup. Attic office - keeps me nice and separated from the noise on the main floor.

guZLeAz.jpg

vadquec.jpg

99% of my job (when not in front of customers) is done over Teams and Outlook, with me primarily living in Excel. Pretty painless to work from home with a decent sized monitor and good headphones/mic.

I really like this, especially the idea of having a couch and tv setup right behind the monitor.

But that distance from the M&KB to the monitor...

:P

How are you talking to us from 1995?