• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I'm not new to working from home but this is my setup:

CVl4bks.jpg

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
CkRcgh1.jpg

My ultrawide shat the bed so we're back to 1080p, 16:9 for the foreseeable future. Matters for my gaming needs but doesn't really affect my writing work.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I don't work from home often but when I do, or when I'm working photography or role-playing stuff, budget stuff, taxes stuff, etc. This is my current setup.

20200317_003917_zpskmvwsrrv.jpg

I want to add more LEDs to my computer case.

But gaze at my Walmart desk, and cheap Amazon monitor!

And my Captain America Wall!

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't work from home often but when I do, or when I'm working photography or role-playing stuff, budget stuff, taxes stuff, etc. This is my current setup.

20200317_003917_zpskmvwsrrv.jpg

I want to add more LEDs to my computer case.

But gaze at my Walmart desk, and cheap Amazon monitor!

And my Captain America Wall!

Haha, I'm using that exact desk, and have my too-big-for-the-shitty-small-Walmart-desk tower oriented the exact same way.

Apartment livin'. :(

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My WFH setup is actually better than my real office - apart from lack of human contact.

Work : 24" 1080p monitor that is currently broken; crappy foam headphone headset for calls
Home : 34" 3440x1440 ultrawide; Jabra speakerphone I stole from my last office when they were closing down; Pringles

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just using my laptop right now, having a dual screen would be nice, but I don't have the room right now for two monitors and the dock plus mouse and keyboard. And so far I'm doing just fine. But if it gets too much I might have to just go to my building and sign out my shit and convert the dining room into my office.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
This thread made me clean my desk. Mostly playing on my Switch right now, I was going to be in between projects anyway when this shit hit. Gonna be a while before new gigs :(

YL0lC3Dl.jpg

OP
OP
iHeartGameDev

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
OP, isn't that desk a bit too small for your arms/hands? It makes my wrist ache looking at it..

That looks very ... non ergonomic. At the very least there is barely any space for the mouse and you'll end up with the edge of the desk pushing into your forearm.

Basically your desk is just too small for all the stuff you have on it.

Edit:
And the chair really doesn't look designed for office work.

I try to keep my wrists elevated and just pull my keyboard closer to the edge so I don't have to rest them on the edge. It's really not that bad lol

And the mouse doesn't need much room to move around. Haven't run into that issue at all.

I am quite petite, truthfully. So maybe that helps?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Here are some quick pics. Party on the left, work on the right. I just swivel my chair and face what I happen to be doing. I have a Logitech Z5500 sound system, a couple 1920x1200 monitors in vertical that flank a 34" ultrawide. Under the monitor and set back a little I have my PSVita on the right and my 3DSXL on the left. Further back is a bluray player that is connected to the 44" screen above where I play my movies when others are in the room for them to watch (it swivels). If I watch something while working/playing it is general on the right most vertical monitor. I have a Spiderman mini fridge to my lower right where I keep 6 frosty cool beverages for myself and visitors.

To my right, just off screen is the laptop station where my kids have their stuff set up. It's a mess so I did not include it. To my left, on the other side of the overstuffed chair, is my wife's desk which is just like mine. I did not take pics of that because 1) it is a disaster and 2) there is a lot of personal stuff out and I don't fuck with my wife's desk.

The computer room is a comfortable, inviting space in my house. Often, my wife sits in the overstuffed chair, knits, and binges TV shows with me while I put in some OT for work at night or on the weekend. Just last week, my wife was doing taxes on her PC while I played DJ at my PC. One daughter was on her laptop at the desk playing games while the other sat in the big chair and used Sound Hound to tag all the music I played and built a playlist on her iPhone. I'm happy we created such a wonderful space for us all to share if we should want to. We frequently play WoW together in here.

2THzYW7.jpg

jeYOwCl.jpg

wMkdPQW.jpg

6JPSGJS.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mine is literally just a MacBook Pro at a kitchen table.

At work I have a 3 monitor setup. It's hard to shrink down to this.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
2B4AVGR.jpg

My WFH setup right now. Basically my office setup so nothing really different. I attached a laptop hub to the monitors I use for my gaming/programming setup. Two left are connected to my laptop while the right is running discord/Spotify.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Literally sitting on my bed.

I'm going to have horrible posture issues if this goes on for a few months...

May 25, 2019
London
Can somebody recommend a monitor that would work well vertically and can be daisy chained over DisplayPort? I have an ultrawide right now that I use, but would love to add a vertical one for documentation/chat or whatever.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I don't have a dining table until this is all over I guess. I just use a little rolling laptop cart to eat instead. (too small and wobbly to use as a WFH setup so have to use table)

XzJw7T5.jpg

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
qot7QTn.jpg

Kind of messy as I had to set up on short notice. As I get time I'll move stuff around.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I sit Indian style on a hardwood floor with a laptop in my lap. Occasionally I'll move to the sofa.

Oct 28, 2017
For all the hype that tabris apartment got I'm feeling let down. I was expecting views of central park with priceless art on the walls.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
qgLh0jV.jpg

I also have an old 32" TV off to the right for distractions like twitch. I've replaced the Blue Snowball mic with a Shure SM57, and the main 22" monitor with a 27" since taking this pic.

It's my happy place. It feels amazing to knock out 2 underscore tracks/cues for the day then switch over to games 🙂
Ouuuu LSRs. What's your job might I ask? I figure it's some sort audio related job with the gear you have (and what's on the screens)

Jellycrackers

Oct 25, 2017
Ouuuu LSRs. What's your job might I ask? I figure it's some sort audio related job with the gear you have (and what's on the screens)

Freelance composer/producer for media. Mostly bad reality TV shows :)

He mentioned creating tracks so sounds like he is a composer. I'd guess there might be a guitar just out of sight as well.

I actually don't play guitar! But I do have a cheap student violin that I can't play. I just used it to make horror sound effects lol

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Freelance composer/producer for media. Mostly bad reality TV shows :)

I actually don't play guitar! But I do have a cheap student violin that I can't play. I just used it to make horror sound effects lol

How's that MIDI keyboard for you? I have a little controller, maybe half that many keys, but I've been wanting something bigger that can still fit on a desktop. I do music as a hobby.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Really want to replace this monitor (21:9) with a 32:9, but the layout works for the moment.

h5pjae0.jpg

Jellycrackers

Oct 25, 2017
How's that MIDI keyboard for you? I have a little controller, maybe half that many keys, but I've been wanting something bigger that can still fit on a desktop. I do music as a hobby.

It's okay! I think it's honestly the cheapest 61 key controller you can get lol... The velocity response/curve was absolutely terrible out of the box, but you can adjust it with the driver software. But it doesn't matter too much for me because I'm not a good player so I dont record/perform stuff live.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
good god people, RAISE YOUR SCREENS
they should be eye-level.
And if at all possible, 90 degrees from windows.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of Horizon: Zero Dawn getting played and very little work getting done

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I found it annoying have multiple screens when I wasn't doing design things and actually needing references and panels up. Like they're just sitting there waiting to be filled up with junk. It was less distracting to simply alt-tab.

I feel like some of you guys have too many monitors.

Oct 28, 2017
I found it annoying have multiple screens when I wasn't doing design things and actually needing references and panels up. Like they're just sitting there waiting to be filled up with junk. It was less distracting to simply alt-tab.

I feel like some of you guys have too many monitors.

I need 2 and that's good enough. I wonder if you get diminished returns past 2 monitors to the point it hinders productivity.