• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
Do you have any weird "abilities" most people would consider outside the norm?

For example: I'm ambidextrous. It only comes in handy when I play basketball, or if I find myself typing with one hand and checking something off with the other.

Also, I've been able to lucid dream since I was very young. It helps when I have any nightmares, I will usually change the scenery and if whatever is chasing me or terrorizing me follows into the next scene, I can wake myself up. Short of that, I will often rock my leg back and forth to wake my wife up so she can wake me up. When that happens I'm usually in my dream just sort of waiting there avoiding what's scaring me until my wife can wake me up. it's a weird thing but I've always been glad I can do this for some reason.

Lastly, and this is the one that inspired this thread because it happened last night. I haven't had two consecutive hiccups in over a decade. Once I have a hiccup, I usually slow my breathing to the point where I can feel it coming from my diaphragm and after about 15 seconds of breathing like this I go back to normal, never having hiccuped a second time.

How about you guys?

Last edited:

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Im 6,3, 12 stone and gym alot. Yet im stupidly flexible. Like i can put my leg behind my head

Its pretty great when i do my laundry and i can pick socks up with my feet and put them in my hand like im a monkey.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I can shift the hair on top of my head to move back and forth. Basically, control the skin on top of my skull to move forwards and backwards.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I was a little shit as a kid and always grounded. This left me with a lot of spare time with nothing to do in my room. I started throwing poker cards. I haven't done it in a while but I got pretty good at it. I could throw a card consistently 30 feet on target and make it stick in a piece of foam.

OP
OP
striderno9

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
I was a little shit as a kid and always grounded. This left me with a lot of spare time with nothing to do in my room. I started throwing poker cards. I haven't done it in a while but I got pretty good at it. I could throw a card consistently 30 feet on target and make it stick in a piece of foam.
I'm jealous, I always wanted to be good at that.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I have audio->visual synesthesia (I can see music). I also can memorize a song completely in <3 listens and know over a thousand songs this way.

Since I never learned to play an instrument, it's worth exactly fuck all

johan

Oct 29, 2017
I can put my tongue up my nose cavity from behind

I can slip two tendons over my knuckles on command, also makes a popping sound

I can make a popping cracking sound with my jaw, not sure what happens there but my gf hates it

I used to be able to lick my elbows, should try that again

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I don't get hangovers. (if anything I get extra energy, clean my apartment and stuff)

I can usually tell myself to wake up a certain time. + - ~15 minutes

I can read very fast.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

I didn't even know this was possible and always assumed it only existed in fiction. (i.e. Bullseye in Daredevil and Gambit in X-Men)

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I have audio->visual synesthesia (I can see music). I also can memorize a song completely in <3 listens and know over a thousand songs this way.

That...sounds amazing. I mean, it's pretty cool for karaoke and trivia. Have you ever tried memorizing useful information this way? Like...the history of a world war in song form or something? :)

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
I can get my kids in bed in about 10-15 minutes and they will sleep within 5 minutes.

In comparison with other people with young kids, i guess thats pretty special

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I don't get hangovers. (if anything I get extra energy, clean my apartment and stuff)

I can usually tell myself to wake up a certain time. + - ~15 minutes

I can read very fast.

I'm always jealous of fast readers. I had a friend in university like that who would talk about finishing a Harry Potter book in a couple of hours. For average novel length texts, I can read around 40-50 pages per hour max. I consider that slow.

I can do the wakeup thing too. :) I never viewed it as weird, but just something I trained myself to do with the help of alarms in the beginning.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
I didnt know it was unique/rare until someone said it was, but I can stop seeing mid-stream, pack up, and leave no problem. Apparently a lot of people cant stop no matter what? Floodgates open or whatever?

Also, cutting onions never makes me cry. Ever. I chop them up no problem.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I can get my kids in bed in about 10-15 minutes and they will sleep within 5 minutes.

In comparison with other people with young kids, i guess thats pretty special

Well done! I think this also has to do with your kids, though. I have two, and one (now 6 years old) can be asleep within 5 minutes, while the other wants to jump around the mattress for an hour. (3 years old) But I'm definitely better at getting them to fall asleep calmly than my wife is. Shh, don't tell her.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I didnt know it was unique/rare until someone said it was, but I can stop seeing mid-stream, pack up, and leave no problem. Apparently a lot of people cant stop no matter what? Floodgates open or whatever?

Also, cutting onions never makes me cry. Ever. I chop them up no problem.

It kind of hurts to stop mid-stream for me. I never want to do it for fear of damaging the ol' pee canal system.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I have really really sensitive taste buds. It ends up making me actually dislike a lot of food because I find most flavors as just too strong and overbearing. So I end up eating a lot of plain and bland food because too strong of flavors just become too much for me.

I turn it into a fun talent though as I hate using a straw(a plastic straw) with water because it makes the water taste weird. So I can have someone give me a couple glasses of water with one being stirred with a straw and I can pick out which one had the straw used on it.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
I can like dislocate my middle fingers on both hands and snap them back with a weird "tipping" move. As a child I had to do this resting my hands on arms, hands or legs of others and apparently having my dislocated finger tipping them is a super weird slightly repulsive sensation.

OP
OP
striderno9

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
Oh I have one more that my wife thinks is a bit weird but I can power nap like a champ. I can usually take a 3 to 9 minute nap and feel completely refreshed.

Also, I love you weirdos, thanks for participating in the thread.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I have one more that my wife thinks is a bit weird but I can power nap like a champ. I can usually take a 3 to 9 minute nap and feel completely refreshed.

Also, I love you weirdos, thanks for participating in the thread.

I wish I had your ability. Napping, no matter how long, if done in the middle of the day will just make me sick. I feel sluggish and congested almost immediately. I've not been able to nap almost ever.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Many questions:

1 what does music look like?
2 why dont you learn an instrument and use this epic skill?
3 does the music look like variations of the same or does different music look drastically different?
4 how do you know you can memorize the song if you cant play an instrument?

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

why dont you learn an instrument and use this epic skill?
Not speaking for the poster you quoted but my wife has a similar ability. She can hear a song and with in minutes she can play it pretty damn decent on a piano. She has never had a lesson in any musical instrument and has no interest in doing so. Always been bazaar to me.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
my hearing is very sensitive,those bird scarer's and high pitch devices some shops use to annoy young people hanging around shops after dark cause me pain bordering on physical.

only people in their teens to early twenties are supposed to be able to hear it but i still can in my forties.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Many questions:

1 what does music look like?
2 why dont you learn an instrument and use this epic skill?
3 does the music look like variations of the same or does different music look drastically different?
4 how do you know you can memorize the song if you cant play an instrument?

1. Colored smoke or fireworks, depending
2. I'm lazy, thought I was crazy and avoided it as a kid when I found out it's weird to see music
3. Color varies the most, but the shape can be dramatic. Some things are so intense they look like static.
4. I know all the lyrics, beats and notes (colors) Husband is a musician and often used this ability to learn stuff from me. I just tell him 'Nope, it's higher/lower' until he gets it.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Just negative stuff like misophonia.

Wow, most people need LSD or Shrooms for that.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
1. Colored smoke or fireworks, depending
2. I'm lazy, thought I was crazy and avoided it as a kid when I found out it's weird to see music
3. Color varies the most, but the shape can be dramatic. Some things are so intense they look like static.
4. I know all the lyrics, beats and notes (colors) Husband is a musician and often used this ability to learn stuff from me. I just tell him 'Nope, it's higher/lower' until he gets it.

I have never been more envious of someone in my entire life. That's miraculous

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
i forgot to add to my other post and i have no idea how common it is but my big toe isn't the one that sticks out the furthest,the next toe in is.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I can voluntarily flex my tensor tympani muscle. When you yawn deep or squint hard and hear that rushing rumble sound. I can do that on command.