• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your opinion on Jill's new design?

• Incredible

• Good

• It's okay

• Bad, I prefer the OG design

• Horrible

Results are only viewable after voting.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Many things that in games are terrible if you imagine them to happen to real people. If we can justify killing people in games I'm sure we can justify criticizing designs of people in games.
I don't think criticizing actual faces is fair when they are heavily based on real people. The designs in general I guess whatever, buy saying someone looks too masculine or ugly....no.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Jill wasn't expecting a zombie apocalypse.
This isn't known yet. As far as we know right now, Jill escapes out of her apartment on the third day of the outbreak. Unless the remake refutes this, she was absolutely expecting a zombie apocalype.

I did mention a possible scenario earlier in the thread. She could be undergoing ptsd while the outbreak was happening leading to her not being ready.

Shin Kojima

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think criticizing actual faces is fair when they are heavily based on real people. The designs in general I guess whatever, buy saying someone looks too masculine or ugly....no.
I think it's fair when comparing it to an image people already had of an established character. Nobody is actually attacking the model (I hope; I didn't read every single comment).
I mean if I was cast as Leon I'd definitely be too ugly for him, while I don't consider myself particularly horrible-looking.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fair when comparing it to an image people already had of an established character. Nobody is actually attacking the model (I hope; I didn't read every single comment).
I mean if I was cast as Leon I'd definitely be too ugly for him, while I don't consider myself particularly horrible-looking.
I don't get how anyone can say any of these redesigns are ugly though. Maybe I have low standards I guess though. I don't consider people to all look like GQ models.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Legit great redesign.

Feels very grounded in the 90s, still practical tho

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Looks solid, the outfit is soooo much better than the lame pandery shit of the original.

But I reaaaaally wish they went with a haircut that didn't make me think of The Quiet Man.

2018-06-11%2B%283%29-ed.jpg

She's even got a somewhat similar bone structure which doesn't help lol
Oh no... I totally see it lol

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
I don't get how anyone can say any of these redesigns are ugly though. Maybe I have low standards I guess though. I don't consider people to all look like GQ models.

Someone might be pretty but simply doesn't fit certain character. RE7 Chris' model (Georgie Dandy) is handsome as fuck, but he just look nothing like any version of Chris that we had since REmake.

Same with Jill - people loved Julia Voth's portrayal of the character (REmake - RE5, Revelations was always criticized and OCR was outsourced and everyone looked weird there) so a completely new face can look off.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She looks like an actual athletic woman and the outfit isn't overly sexualized. It's a fantastic design.

Tsar Pharaoh

Nov 29, 2017
ELbq7grU4AEq3le

ELbqH9qUcAAxJyS

ELbo_21UwAEsVi-

ELbroLBXUAAYqTU

In my opinion it looks absolutely incredible. You can see the resemblance to the OG game design but at the same time is updated to look a lot more realistic and on point. Props to Capcom.

What's your opinion about it?
If she's supposed to be part japanese, she should have more east asian features instead of looking like a basic white girl (no offense)

Asator

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get the "anime" criticism toward the original design. What's supposed to be anime about it or the REmake model?

Who would wear the outfit on the left when battling zombies?

Nobody.

It looks silly. The redesign is more grounded.
Her new clothing is definitely more sensible for fighting zombies, but IIRC she very much wasn't planning on fighting zombies that day, which is exactly why she had casual clothes.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I really don't get the "anime" criticism toward the original design. What's supposed to be anime about it or the REmake model?

Her new clothing is definitely more sensible for fighting zombies, but IIRC she very much wasn't planning on fighting zombies that day, which is exactly why she had casual clothes.
There's nothing casual about Jill's RE3. It looks like she was going clubbing or something.

People don't dress like that to stay at home.

Asator

Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing casual about Jill's RE3. It looks like she was going clubbing or something.

People don't dress like that to stay at home.
I didn't mean casual in "at home" kind of way, but more in a "day out in town" way. It's pretty clear that what she's wearing isn't formal wear.

I have definitely seen women dressed in similar fashion in the middle of the day in town, at the park or at the mall during spring or summer. It's absolutely the sort of clothing that women would wear on a day out.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I didn't mean casual in "at home" kind of way, but more in a "day out in town" way. It's pretty clear that what she's wearing isn't formal wear.

I have definitely seen women dressed in similar fashion in the middle of the day in town, at the park or at the mall during spring or summer. It's absolutely the sort of clothing that women would wear on a day out.
But she knew there were zombies outside.

She's shown in the intro of the game getting ready to head out. Arming herself.

Why doesn't she change her clothes?

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018

Why is this myth so prevalent? The infection was 2 days old by the time RE3 starts

F31 Leopard

Oct 30, 2017
User banned (1 month): Sexist trolling
I don't like her face. For some reason the 1st thing I thought of when I seen it was brundlefly.
7X3ZSTMS2Sxl.jpg

Asator

Oct 27, 2017
But she knew there were zombies outside.

She's shown in the intro of the game getting ready to head out. Arming herself.

Why doesn't she change her clothes?

Why is this myth so prevalent? The infection was 2 days old by the time RE3 starts

It's been a very long time since I've played RE3 (hence why I used "IIRC"), so I might be misremembering the intro. My bad if that's the case.

I still don't see why some people call the REmake model anime though.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Not while doing something active, no. Tube tops aren't exactly stable and liable to move, you'd know if you ever wore one you have to keep pull them up. That kind of tight mini skirt makes it hard to move your thighs, and you really can't run or even really make large strides in it. If you had ever worn these types of clothes, you'd know why if you had to be active you never wear a tube top and mini skirt.

This is precisely why tube tops should have died in the 90s.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
A straight improvement

REmake Jill > RE3make Jill >> original RE3 Jill >>> whatever they did to her after that I haven't actually played those games but I've seen images and I've seen her in UMvC3 and what the heck man

Anyway RE3make Jill is good. Carlos on the other hand is excellent.
Re5 jill with the hat is better than all those

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm neutral on the new design. Reminds me of the reboot Lara Croft in a lot of ways.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This thread has taught me i can ignore people and not see their posts. Thanks, Jill thread! :D

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
ELbroLBXUAAYqTU

In my opinion it looks absolutely incredible. You can see the resemblance to the OG game design but at the same time is updated to look a lot more realistic and on point. Props to Capcom.

What's your opinion about it?

I really do love the design but I swear you could take this one pic and swap Lara Crofts head onto the body and it's straight out of the next Tomb Raider.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I think he, unanimously, is known to look the worst of all of the new designs. I think most of us agree he was a swing and a miss after our Boulder Punching Hero.

Fn1bln.gif

Also, this thread is longer than the Chris one.
This also happens with capcom characters alot
We had threads even in the old place about dante, a bunch of street fighter characters too. I get what you are saying and in a lot of other instances I agree. People tend to though be really picky with capcom characters. Which kinda makes sense, they arguably have the best and most memorable designs in video games. So when you change shit people notice