• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your opinion on Jill's new design?

• Incredible

• Good

• It's okay

• Bad, I prefer the OG design

• Horrible

Results are only viewable after voting.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
This is true. Jill is a gender fluid switch, where as Claire is a fairly conventional masc/tomboy sub. This RE3 remake does not respect Jill's fem side, and I won't stand for that.
giphy.gif

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
It's not the GOAT BSAA Jill, but I'll take it.

Also, BSAA Jill better be in the game. And if it's not, that better be mod #1.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be honest, I like the original outfit. It's stupid, that's for sure, but it's striking.

However,
XpKSCpM.jpg

This just doesn't look good at all. It doesn't translate well into modern graphics.
I really like what they've done with the redesign and it just flows a lot better with the art direction. Some things are better left in the past.
Take this sweater thing, give it to the new design. Maybe change some other piece for something a little more casual but still practical, and it's perfect.

They made a good move in making it a little more practical, but there's a chasm between skirt + tube top and "I'm here to murder zombies". I feel like they went a little too much to the other extreme, and ended up with a boring, standard design to replace one of the most iconic designs they've ever had.

It was a questionable design, for sure, but still iconic. It should at least not look exactly like what Claire was wearing in the previous game that came out just this year. They should stick to the "wearing casual clothes and suddenly shit hits the fan" principle, but obviously making it less silly.

It's not bad, but it could, and should, be better. Also not thrilled about the face, but that's just the nature of RE Engine. Even if I never get used to it, it's not really worth complaining about anymore.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty good, but not very eye-catching. She looks like a normal, regular person. I'm not really a fan of the industry's insistence of going more and more real and normal looking; it's a bit bland.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Resident Evil 3 does not take place when Jill is on duty. Jill does not don her STARS uniform because that is a reflection of her personal style. Stop erasing Jill's fashion agency.

Aryun

Alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
It's bad. There's nothing distinct or original about it. Sure it looks more practical, but that doesn't make it automatically good or better. Claire's new design was fine because she still had her iconic red leather jacket, but what does Jill have here? Nothing. I wouldn't even know it was supposed to be Jill if you showed me her design with no context.

Oct 25, 2017
Hell, they could just repeat what they did to Claire. Claire didn't start the game as Lara Croft, and no one compared her to Lara Croft because of that.

Just have Jill actually wearing the sweater, I don't know, whatever. And then during the game she takes it off and wraps it around her waist or something and looks like what we're seeing now but with a sweater on her waist, like the original design.

Anything, just give it a little personality.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
VXByUrL.png

Hope this kinda helps.
Absolutely prefer original Nemesis the elongated teeth in the new one looks silly and somehow made it look less corpselike.

I really don´t like Jill's hair, it looks like a Karen's hairstyle and her outfit while ok looks too much like Claire's. There was some fan redesigns in Reddit that I really liked (specially the second and third ones.
x0hn6wrph6e21-e1550092829529.png

Carlos is an absolute improvement though

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
She looks like the female version of the Quiet Man

527326-quietdude.jpg

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I'm talking about your hyperbolic claim that that's "apparently the only way people dress who are in video games," when cartoony/anime shit, sexualized most of the time, is still way more prevalent.
I don't think that's really true. The more common style these days is bland, let's make every female character dress like Dora the Explorer.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
What the hell is wrong with Carlos' hair? Does he actually live in a dumpster? OG Carlos looks like a sexy latino eboy... now he looks like someone with lice.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the way the hair and the face look together. Something about the hairstyle and the face shape just doesn't mesh right.

Beyond that it's fine.

Greenzxy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually didn't mind RE7 Chris redesign. It takes place further into the future so I sort of can make sense why he looked facially sunken and mature than he did before. But with Jill, nah, they just messed up her continuity in the series, because now she looks like a completely person from what she looked in the first game/Remake1. Capcom is known for creating characteristic characters too, so for them to remove all the defining facial features she had from her consistent incarnations just baffles me. They put great attention to detail in keeping the characters faces lined up with how they originally looked, with Leon, Nero, Dante, Lady etc, using real face scans, that I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't give their main line character Jill the same treatment.
Like even that Teppen game which Jill was featured in, even though she looks a bit too anime it still is a combination of all her looks from every games she's been featured in. They could've just gotten a real face model who had bigger eyes, and ball noise and just modified it a little big then bam you would've had a more recognizable Jill.

Last edited:

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be honest, I like the original outfit. It's stupid, that's for sure, but it's striking.

However,
XpKSCpM.jpg

This just doesn't look good at all. It doesn't translate well into modern graphics.
I really like what they've done with the redesign and it just flows a lot better with the art direction. Some things are better left in the past.

I keep seeing Harrison Ford there.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
She looks great. Re engine has done wonders to many of the beloved capcom characters. Dante, Nero, Leon, Ada, Claire, Chris, Tyrant, and now Jill all look like a million bucks. Shout out to Carlos + Brad in the new trailer as well

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely prefer original Nemesis the elongated teeth in the new one looks silly and somehow made it look less corpselike.

I really don´t like Jill's hair, it looks like a Karen's hairstyle and her outfit while ok looks too much like Claire's. There was some fan redesigns in Reddit that I really liked (specially the second and third ones.
x0hn6wrph6e21-e1550092829529.png

Carlos is an absolute improvement though
These I like, especially the second one. She should start the game with the first, and then lose the coat thing. Maybe keep it around her waist.

That would be neat.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
I guess I miss the original outfit for nostalgia reasons

but really

she has been actively planning her "last escape," it makes so much more sense that she'd wear pants, it was always kind of funny

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Take this sweater thing, give it to the new design. Maybe change some other piece for something a little more casual but still practical, and it's perfect.

They made a good move in making it a little more practical, but there's a chasm between skirt + tube top and "I'm here to murder zombies". I feel like they went a little too much to the other extreme, and ended up with a boring, standard design to replace one of the most iconic designs they've ever had.

It was a questionable design, for sure, but still iconic. It should at least not look exactly like what Claire was wearing in the previous game that came out just this year. They should stick to the "wearing casual clothes and suddenly shit hits the fan" principle, but obviously making it less silly.

It's not bad, but it could, and should, be better. Also not thrilled about the face, but that's just the nature of RE Engine. Even if I never get used to it, it's not really worth complaining about anymore.
This is good point. There should be more elements that reflect the iconic look.

If this version would show up in a movie one would just shrug