• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your opinion on Jill's new design?

• Incredible

• Good

• It's okay

• Bad, I prefer the OG design

• Horrible

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 28, 2017
Meant to post this here instead of the announcement thread, but she looks amazing.

And for those who wished for the original design, it's there too. Win/win all around.

untitledb1kni.png
This would be acceptable if it wasn't PREORDER NOW

I'm sorry but this is horseshit to me. Should be there preorder or not.

lawliet013

Feb 13, 2019
I would vote "It's ok but I prefer the old design." She just looks too generic for my taste. The old design is more memorable. Funny enough, she dresses like the Laura Croft of the era both times.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Meant to post this here instead of the announcement thread, but she looks amazing.

And for those who wished for the original design, it's there too. Win/win all around.

untitledb1kni.png

i get it, most fans will pre order anyway, but the fact that its a pre order bonus just really tells the whole story. Capcom knows the demand for it, and abuses it.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm indifferent. The outfit is a bit too boring.
Like, I know practicality and all that, but it's just dull. Her STARS uniform is still the best, followed by her Lost in Nightmares outfit.

Oct 25, 2017
Why? I would say she looks just like she did in RE3, face included (especially in the classic outfit). She doesn't look like Julia but she didn't look like Julia in RE3 either. I think they made the right choice in having Jill's look in this game be more evocative of her RE3 design and they found a model that fit that look really well.
Yeah, I'm specifically thinking of REmake Jill. RE3 Jill is whatever, don't have any attachment at all.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's generic, unoriginal and boring. Is the same costume reboot Lara Croft uses and that design was criticised for being generic and unoriginal over half a decade ago.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Outfit is cool, the person themselves just doesn't look like Jill to me seeing it in non-leak form. It's like the Chris thing in RE7.

Which is doubly weird because they 100% killed it with Leon, Claire, Ada and Sherry.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
It's okay

Good - No more stupid skirt in a judgement day scenario.
Bad - No more Voth, i played REmake back in 2002, it's hard for me to picture another Jill. Obviously they moved away from Voth in Revelations, but that was a spin off 3DS title.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Its good, but a bit bland, would have been nice to keep the vest/jacket around her waist to make it more pop out, i dunno
I imagine she might get a tactical vest as the game goes on (like Leon in RE2), but why the hell do people want her to have that stupid sweater wrapped around her waist? How is that practical? It just gives zombies something else to grab onto, lol.

I mean, I guess among all the chaos she might get a little chilly in the late September Raccoon autumn, but...

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017

untitledb1kni.png

I think the responses show that people weren't too keen on the original design either. Speaking for myself I was hoping for a more distinctive evolution of the look, like with Claire in RE2.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
horrible. A character like Jill deserved an outfit that stands out as her own that is memorable. Her new one is incredibly boring and generic

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
A little too close to Milla for my tastes, and I'd prefer a jacket around the waist, but otherwise an upgrade over anime Jill Voth.

Oct 28, 2017
Chances are, in UK at least, most retailers won't offer the pre-order bonus, just the big names which charge more than others, so you're paying extra for this costume one way or another.
I remember when Mortal Kombat X came out I preordered it assuming every version came with preorder Goro. My copy didn't come with it it turned out it was GAME exclusive and I was FUMING.

TheWill

Sep 24, 2018
Huuuuge downgrade from Julia Voth.

Sigh, why did they ruin Chris and Jill?

Will still love the game regardless.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's generic, unoriginal and boring. Is the same costume reboot Lara Croft uses and that design was criticised for being generic and unoriginal over half a decade ago.
I'll gladly take this over Sexualized Club-Time Jill any day of the week (as you can tell, I was never fan of RE3 Jill's original design). Literally the only flaw is the lack of a jacket in some form, but they kept some of the white in her design.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Better than Claire from the remake, worse than the OG.
Characters in the new RE (RE engine) have been mostly bad on the face side imo.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I imagine she might get a tactical vest as the game goes on (like Leon in RE2), but why the hell do people want her to have that stupid sweater wrapped around her waist? How is that practical? It just gives zombies something else to grab onto, lol.

I mean, I guess among all the chaos she might get a little chilly in the late September Raccoon autumn, but...
It's just looking at it from a design choice adding the sweater would at least evoke something from the original RE3 costume. Obviously a skirt and tubetop is a no go today but a sweater is still acceptable and is a lot more distinct than what Jill is wearing on the remake.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i remember the criticism very differently, lots of people complaining she didnt have gigantic boobs and she's not wearing more revealing clothes, that she was not sexy enough, it was a very sexist discussion at the time. Very similar to tifa in final fantasy vii remake and the boob gate and complaining about a skort.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Dude, you're going in a bit too much on this one. It's some pants and a tank top. Look at the other RE characters and tell me they're wearing "generic" clothing. The designs are mostly pretty grounded, especially in the RE Engine games. Is Claire also generic for wearing a tank top and some pants, like... a normal person would? Is RE4 Leon suddenly generic after he loses his jacket early in the game? Is Barry generic (he wears a vest like pretty much every other member of the team)? This is a criticism I've never seen before today.

"The original design is iconic!" I mean c'mon.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
36pbv27p0s711.png

Seeing your CVX grab Chris, who is slightly different looking in-game, in the CG renders and in the CG ending, only shows how Capcom´s can´t be consistent in even one game Aurc. RE7 Chris is a return to form with somewhat lighter hair.

Type in "MercymainOverwatch resident evil appearance and Age throughout the Series reddit" into google to see the user´s collages of all the retuning characters. Here is Jill, to get back on topic:
9a4c1wtdjx711.png

PS: Yes, the stage play is canon but there are also non-canon stage plays. Capcom is WILD.

R3birthFl4me

Oct 27, 2017
I like her new design except the outfit, as people have said looks too much like Lara Croft, I'm going to play with the original outfit.
Carlos looks much better than the original.

adinsx

Oct 30, 2017
She looks very realistic! I like it. But doesn't look as the Jill I remember from RE3 but that's fine.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
She actually looks like a normal down to earth human being with a cop backstory which is fantastic
Incredible design by Capcom. I love it!

Ice Wheels

Jul 10, 2019
I do hope her blue dress from the original is in the game as DLC, since it was the original design.

EDIT: Oh good it is.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
It's fine? I like the original more but this works well enough. I prefer the face from the 2000's games though.

Sameer Sedlar

Feb 8, 2018
Egypt
qDSKUnw.png

I kinda see what you mean, at least when you see them side by side.
EXACTLY.
Not to be snarky but - they have been redesigned to look like what a typical female combat/trauma/crisis veteran would look like?
Personally I don't like the similarities, It is not about the change of cloth, cause Claire looked awesome in her new outfit, but Jill looks like a rip-off, also as other said and posted, she had a few veteran looks, Lost in Nightmare and REmake 1 for example.