• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
1: Monolith for what they did to Blood 2. Fuck you, Monolith. Fuck. You. I don't forget, I don't forgive. I'll never forgive.
2: Konami for not giving a fuck about Silent Hill.
3: EA for killing Dead Space, Dante's Inferno, American McGee's Alice and Clive Barker's Undying.

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
Hate is quite a strong word on this matter, but I would say that I try to look away every single time Dontnod releases something that is similar to Life Is Strange or other over dramatic story-driven stuff.

Also Sony's cinematic 1st party walk-action-walk-action -cycled games are beginning to have a "go away" -effect from me.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
343i. They hold a very special place of utter contempt in my heart for utterly ruining one of my favorite franchises that I grew up with. Fuck 'em.

EA and Konami are also dogshit too.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
honestly if you HATE a developer or publisher you honestly probably need to step back and get other hobbies to go along with video games.

Is it EA for notoriusly anti consumer (lazy sequals, loot boxes, micro transaction) and mistreating their own developer (mass lay off)?
litteraly one of the best studios you can work for

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I don't hate any, but Konami's decision to basically bow out of the industry is a real bummer.

EA used to be one of the top earners of my cash. In recent years, not so much.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
I am too disinterested in ea's stuff to be mad at them. Cant even make myself care.

The one publisher im constantly dissapointed in is ubisoft, probably because their golden days are still fresh in my memory.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
I'd probably say EA. I find their loot box system in Fifa to be a form of gambling and they're exposing kids to these vices from an early age as the game is rated Pegi 7 in my country. The game should be rated in a way that reflects that it has gambling involved.

Secondly, and this one goes back a while - EA created two really fun RTS games in The Battle for Middle Earth I & II. They supported them with 3 and 6 patches respectively. This is absolute nonsense when it comes to balancing a RTS game - if you're not going to give it the appropriate support then don't make the game.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Sure some of the stuff they do is annoying or even offensive but this topic is just weird. "Lets talk about HATE!" I dunno, just made me chuckle for some reason. I guess I don't hate any of them. I'll play any game that interests me and vote with my wallet, basically.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft, because they covered up sexual harrasmment but the CEO is still there and people are still buying their games and mostly forgot all about it.

Activision, because they bowed down to an authoritarian government to a disgusting extent and people are still buying their games and mostly forgot all about it.

I boycott both of them.

This, plus THQ Nordic and now it seems 3DRealms. And let's not forget the full name of that studio that people sometimes mostly forget about too is Activision-Blizzard.

I've missed out on Sekiro, Darksiders III, stopped my playthrough of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey midway once the abuse-news hit.

There's games I really want to play from all of these publishers, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Speaking as a transgender woman, I'm seeing how the handling of trans-related content is in-game with Cyberpunk 2077 before I fully decide whether that's the nail in the coffin for CDPR. I'm not optimistic.

WishIwasAwolf

Banned
Oct 24, 2020
Probably Ubisoft. Even though MS is worse with regards to creating (for me worse) sequels with mostly inferior teams, at least everybody knows it. For Ubisoft there is a coat of fresh paint, new story/characters, the promise of a new game, but: in the end it's almost the same game where even a mediocre halo or gears sequel will bring more to the table.

Valve has so much wasted potential with their IP that I would have picked them. However you cannot fault any of the product which they DO release, except for that card game.

Oct 28, 2017
I am pretty upset about what Facebook has done with Oculus. I get they need to pay back that investment but now my Rift S feels like it came from a completely different company than what Oculus is just a year later.

Also not too happy with ID. I got hyped to hell about the Switch version of Doom Eternal, even prepaid a preorder and yeah. Where is it ID?!

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
I can't say I really hate any but I really dislike ea and it's big focus on lootboxes and unvisoft and it's similar open world games

But what I can say is that rockstar /T2 are on their way to be the most disliked in how we had no new gta, ruined gta online with so many crappy additions and only releasing rdr2 this gen.

Sarevok

Jul 13, 2020
I wouldn't call it hate but I really dislike EA's practice of forcing microtransactions and shutting down studios (Westwood, Visceral)

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Activision-Blizzard.

I wouldn't say I actively hate them or let them occupy any significant amount of my mind, but I try to stay away as much as possible.

Last edited:

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Not a fan of Atlus, I guess? There is no publisher I hate so thats about it.

I personally think a lot of reactions towards publishers are hyperbolic.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Look, I know I know, the ignore button exists, I can avoid entering, whatever

But in a time where negativity floods all gaming talk, I'm not really sure what this thread adds, other than more negativity and a platform for toxicity.

Have fun playing games, that's it.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Don't reallt hate on any developer/publisher, but Konami doing jack shit with their IP is rather frustrating, SE forgetting what made their RPGs great saddening and BioWare messing it up with Andromeda/Anthem kinda heartbreaking.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Is it EA for notoriusly anti consumer (lazy sequals, loot boxes, micro transaction) and mistreating their own developer (mass lay off)?

Is it Activision for notoriously milking CoD and their microtransaction?

Is it Capcom for notoriously making poor DLC practice on Street Fighter and Asura's Wrath or mismanaging their brands?

Is it Square Enix for not being the master of making RPG like they used to be (square soft)?

Is it Ubisoft for notoriously milking the shit out of Assasin Creed or their mishandling sexual harrassment ?

Is it Bethesda for notoriously making game full of bugs?

Or is it CDPR for crunch time and its transphobic view?

For me its definetly Ubisoft for butchering my boy (PoP) for the sake of making Assasin Creed annually. Let's see if the PoP remake can convert my view toward Ubisoft.

Really? How in the world is Square Enix's game design remotely close to the predatory or questionable practices of the other companies you've mentioned?

Oct 25, 2017
It's reasonable to criticize many developers and publishers for things they have done, but an unfocused thread based on hate isn't the way to do it. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.