• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
too many to list for favorite. Chile Colorado, Chile verde, birria (the real goat stuff too), albondigas, enchiladas, menudo, pozole, and of course tacos (al pastor, asada, lengua, gimme all that shit)

My least favorite would probably be the sweet types of mole.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Tortas with carne de sabrada or milanesa steak, mole con pollo, tostada Nortenitas come into mind. A good torta > burgers anyday. My ideal torta involves milanesa steak, mozzarella, tomatoes, onions, black bean spread, avocado, ham, lettuce all on toasted bolillo bread. Nothing better.

Anything with jalapenos I immediately hate. Spice is not the problem, the waxy after taste is. For this reason I prefer serrano peppers to jalapenos. Posole equally sucks.
I lived in this little hillbilly town for a little bit and was surprised to find a really good Mexican food truck run by an older man. He was super sweet and after me always only getting tacos he convinced me to let him make me a torta. (I chose chorizo). I haven't looked back. Tortas are the best thing with two slices of bread.

Oct 29, 2017
lol California nachos? where do you get these crazy names lol... it seems tsunami fries might be a Hawaiian thing since I never seen them here in LA or in Mexico lol. It sounds delicious... fuck now I'm craving loaded fries with a carne asada torta.
Lolitas in downtown San Diego. I go there for the Tsunami fries, stay for the Fish Tacos!!!my favorite spot when I'm down at SDCC.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Best dish I ever had was called mole chatino, I think? Delicious pork in a nutty, spicy sauce.

I also love all sorts of tacos I've had. Especially lengua.

I dislike most cheeses, so my least favorites would be anything centered around that.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
A proper enchilada with bangin' authentic sauce is heaven on a plate. Actually hell, I might need to go make some enchiladas now

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Now you got me ordering mexican food for dinner. I hope you're happy, thread!

(Enchiladas Verdes + Horchata, is my order fyi)

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I like tostadas because they're light and you can make them as veggie dishes with Pico, lime, and avocado.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Maybe a northern style chimichanga. They're similar to the smothered carne asada burritos they serve in Mexican places all up and down the east coast in the US, just better. A side of rice along with some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and sour cream - *chef's kiss*

On the flipside, if I am going out to eat some proper Mexican I am not ordering huevos rancheros. I can make that myself at home in minutes.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
Favorite: Carne asada con cebollas y nopales

Least favorite: anything at bs gentrified "mexican" restaurants like monterey's or chuy's. It's all shit there unless you get basic ass white people ground beef tacos.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A great chili relleno is God's gift to man, same with a great tamale. I wish door to door salespeople sold rellenos lol... and I really miss door to door tamales salespeople. Used to have one woman who'd show about once a month, knocking on doors to sell homemade tamales. They were like $15 a dozen but man they were fantastic.

But yeah like you said in the OP. Menudo? I tried that once. Once. That will be the once in my lifetime.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
It's really hard to choose, I love most Mexican food.

I guess I'll go basic bitch and say a good enchilada is really hard to beat.

For least favorite, probably Menudo. Haven't had it in ages, but remember really hating it when I tried it at a friend's house growing up.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
It's been 84 years

I'll take any of it

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
hard to decide on a favorite, but the least would be anything that involves liver or pork trots.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
Hmmm I like almost every Mexican dish, the only one I really don't like is tamales. My best friends mom gives me so many tamales every Christmas and I don't have the courage to tell her I don't like them. It's been like this for almost a decade. I usually give them to my other friends/family.

Oct 28, 2017
California
I'm Mexican-American it's hard to just pick one.

If we're going tacos, cabeza are my favorite

My least favorite dish, probably nopales, never really liked them.

Edit: too many menudo hating fools in here smh

Last edited:

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
I love a good street taco. And now I'm considering second dinner to get some....

I tend to avoid things that are super out there, but I'm kinda eh on tamales except for the beef ones.

Oct 25, 2017
I adore good panuchos, unfortunately it's a real challenge to find decent Yucatecan food anywhere close to me. It does give me an excuse to fly to Merida every couple of years, which I gladly take.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I bought some poblano chilies today for my mom since she's making this. She was, like, "I know you said you don't like them but you've never tried them but you will today". For some reason they've always looked nasty to me but I guess I'll see if I like 'em.
What's funny is that I like jalapeño poppers, which are basically mini chili rellenos

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Favorite: huevos rancheros

I'd have to put a lot more thought to come up with my "least" favorite Mexican food because I've liked almost everything I've tried so far, but I've also not explored super deep beyond the stuff that has cemented its place into American cuisine.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy a good Al Pastor or Birria Taco, a Torta Cubana, or a solid Mole equally.

Tend to not like Tamales. This dislike is cross-cultural as I don't like the Chinese version either. lol

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
My least favorite is anything with beans. Even the smell of beans is intoxicating to me, I can't handle them at all.

To pick a favorite would be really damn difficult, but there's a restaurant in my town that has some really damn good shrimp enchiladas, so I will probably say that. But most Mexican dishes I really like, even crazier things like menudo or lengua. Chips and salsa is also a comfort food of mine tbh, same with chips and guac, simply because of how simple both are to make

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Chilaquiles is the best. Pozole and horchatas are close.

Axe Menudo plz

My least favorite is anything with beans. Even the smell of beans is intoxicating to me, I can't handle them at all.

E4TpViwMHZMhfTUAQBgfA21S-MuVzlivFNpZpBMl7-Y51woYbuXvp1wq4-lYG5GtoyPVGx7XqiuHzVqaTks9vcRyA2rs2RvkICRdY6c

b73b6d75646e12fe9ce209499b547ece.jpg

Last edited:

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Barbacoa or carnitas anything can be pretty awesome.

To the people that said tamales are their least favorite, have you had homemade tamales or just restaurant tamales?

To the people that said refried beans, have you had them made with lard? Because... oh.

I don't dabble in things like tripe or lingua. I might love it but I'll probably never know.

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Least favorite are probably tamales. I don't hate them but they always seem a bit bland to me.
Favorite is a tie between chilaquiles, enchiladas, and tacos al pastor.

Menudo also isn't that bad.

I've never had or heard of Birria Tacos before this thread but I'm gonna have to make some now.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Tacos de tripa 🤤

I just dont think about what I'm eating too hard, and hope they cleaned the shit out of their ingredients (pun unfortunately intended).

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can understand menudo because is an acquired taste, but all the mentions to chile relleno make me sad: (

Favorite food? Maybe enchiladas verdes, only god know how many I ate at college. I also like gorditas and chilaquiles a lot. I don't know if I can say I hate something, maybe stuff like cabrito but because that shit is not affordable lol