• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
México
Tacos, gorditas, mole, chiles rellenos, tacos dorados, menudo, pozole, quesadillas, cochinita pibil, tamales, tortas, enmoladas, sopes, tlayudas, cemitas, torta ahogada, tostadas preparadas, chilaquiles, pan dulce, chiles en nogada, enchiladas, alambres, panuchos, chilorio, carne asada, birria, barbacoa, molletes, gringas, machaca, cabrito, chalupas, carnitas, discada, burritos, guacamole, tinga, pambazos, churros, nopalitos...

And tons and tons more. You name it.

mXU1rTF.jpg

Some are easy to find. Some are easy to eat. Some are very hard to appreciate (like menudo which I like but it would probably be one of the last dishes I would recommend to a foreigner).

What's your favorite?

Last edited:

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Hard to beat a good mole.

I rarely enjoy tamales all that much.

I've never been brave enough for menudo.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
A good enchilada is hard to beat for my money.

I generally dislike tamales.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Hard to choose a favorite but yeah menudo was my instant thought for least favorite when I saw the thread title alone.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Favorite: Torta Ahogada (sucks, the only place that made them where I lived doesn't any longer)
Least: Chile Relleno

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Tamales are my favorite because I literally only have them once a year lol.

menudo is gross, I remember it smelling like death when my grandmother cooked it.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some good enchiladas are always top notch. It's what I judge sit down Mexican restaurants by.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Can't beat some good tacos de asada. I can't get into chiles rellenos, menudo, pozole, or anything with nopal.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Favorite is Tortas for sure, so good.
Least favorite? I've never had anything I didn't like.
Second favorite: I forget the name but you get like three from the truck, they're rolled up and fried and sprinkled with powdered cheese. Oh, on a bed of salad.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite is undoubtedly enchiladas.

Least favorite? I've not tried any Mexican food yet that I dislike.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Fav: Caldo de Pollo, but this changes often
Least: chile relleno, though this could just be because I've never had a good one

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Chilaquiles by far, just due to the variations you can do with them. Tlayudas are pretty great, though.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Least: chile relleno, though this could just be because I've never had a good one
I bought some poblano chilies today for my mom since she's making this. She was, like, "I know you said you don't like them but you've never tried them but you will today". For some reason they've always looked nasty to me but I guess I'll see if I like 'em.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Tortas with carne de sabrada or milanesa steak, mole con pollo, tostada Nortenitas come into mind. A good torta > burgers anyday. My ideal torta involves milanesa steak, mozzarella, tomatoes, onions, black bean spread, avocado, ham, lettuce all on toasted bolillo bread. Nothing better.

Anything with jalapenos I immediately hate. Spice is not the problem, the waxy after taste is. For this reason I prefer serrano peppers to jalapenos. Posole equally sucks.

Last edited:

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I bought some poblano chilies today for my mom since she's making this. She was, like, "I know you said you don't like them but you've never tried them but you will today". For some reason they've always looked nasty to me but I guess I'll see if I like 'em.
plz update with your experience!!

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Nothing beats a good Pozole.

As for least favorite: Tacos de seso, just on the concept alone.

Edit: Don't disrespect my Menudo/Pancita. If properly prepared, it is delicious.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I have a least favorite, I'd have to dig deep.

Camote maybe? I don't dislike it but I rate it pretty low as far as Mexican candy goes. Oh, tamales dulces can be pretty bad, but the good ones are amazing.

Favorite is impossible for me to choose. It's between mole poblano, some kind of adobo, pozole rojo, chilaquiles, I could go on and on.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I love really top quality enchiladas and fajitas. Together. A cheese enchilada sizzling on a fajita skillet until there's a crisp around the edge... Heaven.

I do not like mole. People always say oh you just haven't had good mole. I've had crappy, I've had supposedly great. I hate it all.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Like every food. How good or bad something is depends on the cook and the ingredients. I've had tacos al pastor that have been godly and I've eaten some that tase like garbage.

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
High quality, spicy enchiladas with fresh ingredients is hard to beat.

Least favorite are the odd animal parts like cabeza y ojo.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
favorite: chile relleno, anything based around poblano.

In most cases I do not like enchiladas.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Like every food. How good or bad something is depends on the cook and the ingredients. I've had tacos al pastor that have been godly and I've eaten some that tase like garbage. Same with all other food.

Very true. There are some trucks near me that do lengua and one is really good and the other is just a sad excuse for tacos.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
There is legit too many foods that fight for the top spot, I love my country for its cuisine

The worst is quite easy...... Pig's feet 🤢

Its disgusting. Nothing kills the mood of eating some killer pozole than seeing a fucking foot floating on top of the broth.

Some people even eat that shit pickled 🤮

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Menudo is always fun. Knowing that if I dont spend a good 30 seconds chewing through the meat, trying to break it appart, I'll wind up swallowing a bigger piece than expected, and promptly start choking. It gives me an adrenaline rush.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
There is legit too many foods that fight for the top spot, I love my country for its cuisine

The worst is quite easy...... Pig's feet 🤢

Its disgusting. Nothing kills the mood of eating some killer pozole than seeing a fucking foot floating on top of the broth.

Some people even eat that shit pickled 🤮
Yeah, I also don't like chicken's feet 🤢

Surprisingly, I do love cueritos (pickled pig skin).

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hard to pick against mole and birria as they are both out of this world when done correctly. as far as popular dishes i don't like its gotta be tinga for me.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Least favorite: Menudo or anything else squishy, gooey, gross looking

I don't really have a favorite but I do really like flautas, tortas, and tacos de pescado estilo baja

5ec28c8ac49efd0006c421e9.gif

Last edited: