• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
It was Gran Turismo 7, but that's gone for this year. Then it was MH Rise, but Amazon cancelled my collector's edition pre-order, so I'll wait it out for the PC version if I can. Temptation might still get the better of me for the Switch version.

After that, probably Halo Infinite. I don't really track the progress of anything other than the big AAA games now.

Mik3F

Oct 28, 2017
Out of the games that have release dates for this year, the one I am most eager to play is

Mario Golf Super Rush

After that its

Returnal
RE Village
Ratchet and Clank
Kena

and

Aliens Fireteam (if it does release this summer)

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Halo: Infinite. I was one of those that whilst underwhelmed by the look of the gameplay reveal, was more than happy to play it at launch regardless, as the gameplay looked great and I was excited to explore the world. Needless to say, I was disappointed that it got delayed, so my anticipation is through the roof right now.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Guilty gear strive
Would be out in a month..if it didn't get delayed 2 more -_-

Retrosmith

Mar 2, 2020
Wishful thinking: Elden Ring and Hollow Knight: Silksong

Otherwise probably Nier Replicant Ver. 1.22

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Horizon (2) Forbidden West stands out high. I believe Guerrilla is going to knock this out of the park. They've had 4+ solid years with a large team and a blank cheque.

Baldur's Gate 3 and Diablo 2 Remake is on my mind.

It sounds like Elden Ring and God of War are very unlikely 2021. RE8 I will wait for PSVR2.

Re-experiencing FF7 Remake and Death Stranding with PS5 upgrades will/would be nice.

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
Panzer Dragoon Zwei Remake - a far superior game to the original and hopefully MP will take all of the lessons they learned with the first remaster and get this one right first time.

Disco Elysium - after hearing all the positive opinions on this one last year, I'm looking forward to getting a chance to play it on the platforms I own.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - I pulled out of my second play through as soon as the rumours started picking up steam. After the announcement, I'm glad that I did.

Fantasium - for no other reason than I really like the diorama concept - will see how it goes.

If they arrive:

Zelda: BotW Sequel - it's sounding like this might end up coming in 2022, but if it does arrive this year, it'll be right at the top of my pile. I still dip in and out of the original to this day.

Metoid 2D - only rumoured, but I'm so desperate for some more Metroid, particularly after missing out on Samus Returns due to not owning a 3DS.

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
Horizon definitely, will be intresting how they develop on such a great start for a franchise

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
I cant really put my finger on one game unless we get something like Elden Ring or Starfield this year

Announced releases that Im interested in:
Spelunky 2 (Switch release)
Disco Elysium (Switch release)
Ruined King
Halo
Biomutant
The Gunk
It Takes Two
Crimson Desert
12 Minutes
Tunic
Scorn
Back 4 Blood
RE8

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It was Breath of the Wild, but I've given up on Nintendo managing to release a sequel within four years of the original game.

And then NieR Replicant was a strong contender for second place...but some of the changes they're making aren't great. And they better include the original OST.

So...maybe Psychonauts 2 then? Although that's been in development for like 6+ years for some reason so idk if even that's a safe bet.

Oct 25, 2017
Right this moment it has to be RE: Village. But I'm pretty damn excited for that new FNaF game now that I've been playing through the series, Returnal looks amazing, and it's a *slight* possibility that Jonathon Blow's new puzzle game comes out this year and I need it in my veins.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Horizon of it makes it, which looks less likely as the months go on. Right now I guess Ratchet and Clank.

Ibuki

Feb 6, 2021
If I had to pick my MOST anticipated, it would probably be God of War 2.

I'm really excited about Deathloop and RE Village though.

SykoTech

Dec 23, 2020
Hmmm it's a toss up between Guilty Gear Strive
4a1.gifv

and Ratchet and Clank
3684927-ratchet-6.gif

which now are annoyingly coming out on the same day lol.

059.jpg

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
FFXIV Endwalker

Followed by RE Village and Monster Hunter Rise

Elden Ring and FF16 can beat Endwalker, but they aren't confirmed for this year.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
If they release this year:

Silksong
Total War Warhammer 3
Gloomwood
Graven
Evil Genius 2
Eastward
Psychonauts 2
Humankind
Xcom 3 (surprise)

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Confirmed for 2021? Mario Golf

Announced but I have doubts it will hit this year? Horizon: Forbidden West

Praying to the video game Gods that it releases this year? Breath of the Wild 2

Not announced but I will never give up hope? Metroid V

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
My top three that've been announced for 2021:
  1. Resident Evil Village
  2. Mario Golf: Super Rush
  3. Skyward Sword HD
If BOTW 2 gets announced for 2021, that'll almost definitely be my new #1.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people set themselves up for a disappointment with games no one knows when they release.
RE8 for goty!

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If they actually happen this year it's easily Horizon 2 or God of war 2

In terms of games we know for a fact are coming, it is probably Cyberpunk: not shit edition, Disco Elysium, Deathloop and Ratchet and Clank...maybe Psychonauts 2

But the one that I'm cautiously excited for above all of those is actually Returnal. But a lot rides on those reviews.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Shin Megami Tensei V if it manages to make it this year (doubtful). (Switch)

Resident Evil Village (PS4)

No More Heroes 3 (Switch)

Great Ace Attorney (hell yeah, Capcom) (Switch)

And, of course, Famicom Detective Club 1 + 2 (Switch).

The Switch is firing on all cylinders for me this year.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Off the top of my head(might miss a couple)
Breath of the wild 2
Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai
Resident Evil Village
Rune Factory 5
Skyward Sword HD
Horizon 2
Mario Golf

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Currently, MH: Rise, but only because I'm most confident about that game versus others at actually delivering. Alongside it is FF7 Remake Intergrade - I bought it Day One on PS4, failed to play it, and now eagerly anticipating ACTUALLY playing it with all the improvements. Mass Effect Trilogy is a shoe-in, too.

Not sure if it counts, but EndWalker's trailer got me to try an MMO for the first time in a decade - and in a month I've put more time into FFXIV than I have just about any other game in the last few years in such a short amount of time. Just about to start HW. If this keeps my interest, then absolutely EW... but who knows if I'll stick with it.

I'd really, really love Halo Infinite to go back to form - so I've got a watchful eye on it.
I'm also really excited for Fantasium - I'm... worried... about mobile and JRPG grind fests. But I adore how it looks.

BotW2 would easily trump all, but I have no confidence we'll see it this year.

Last edited:

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love another Forza Horizon, God of War, or Horizon Zero Dawn but I think none of them are 2021. Not much honestly, I'm really enjoying playing through backlog of great games of the past 10 year

oh really looking forward to Mass Effect remastered