• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No stand outs this year that I think aren't going to get pushed to 2021.

I guess Ratchet or Returnal if I had to pick one. Actually, Subnautica on PS5 interests me a lot too.

Longer term, Elden Ring and Gran Turismo 7.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Halo Infinite. The next entry in gaming's best series. Double the development time as a standard Halo as well.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
If Hallow Knight come this year then that.
It was P5 strikers but no its out i guess Nier Replicant.
I honestly have no idea what is releasing after about April.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
From what is still likely to hit:

1. Horizon Forbidden West
2. Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
3. Buldurs Gate III (please!)
4. Kena
5. Returnal
6. Stray
7. FFVII Integrade
8. Little Devil Inside
9. The Ascent
10. Jett

In the unlikely event that GoW R or Elden Ring hit this year, they would also be way up there.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Disco Elysium: Final Cut, Sifu, Deathloop (though i won't get to play it for a long time) and Solar Ash.

Nestunt

Oct 27, 2017
Porto, Portugal
Monster Hunter Rise - hopefully is more balanced for 1P-offline play

Nier Replicant - came into the franchise with Automata. I have to know

RE Village - Don't really care for the franchise, but this might be their Bloodborne (a game that convinces people)

Deathloop - intrigued, but a bit worried about the design around that 2nd character

Ratchet and Clank - ready to feel again what Astro's Playroom introduced

Kena - these types of launch games usually feel rushed and with not enough depth... not this time. this looks really good and interesting

Ghostwire - My most anticipated

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Deathloop, closely followed by Horizon Forbidden West.

Other than that, I also have Kena on my radar, and Swansong, I guess. That's it so far.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
1) Elden Ring
2) GOW2
3) Horizon FW
4) Ratchet and Clank

If all these released it would be an epic year. But I'm expecting only R&C and Horizon (still good mind you).

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Deathloop when it comes to games which have a 2021 release date. Otherwise definitely BotW2.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
Halo Infinite for me. Obviously biased from being a massive Halo fan, but I have high hopes of Infinite returning Chief and the series to it's former glory days.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Resident evil village
Elden ring
Guilty gear strive
Final fantasy 7 remake intergrade
Ratchet and clank rift apart

Oct 25, 2017
Confirmed?

Definitely Returnal or Space Hades, as some like to call it. The mix of Housemarque's trademark awesome gameplay tied to an intruiging sci-fi narrative with cosmic horror thrown in for good measure is incredibly alluring to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Deathloop has presented itself extremely well and the fact that it's currently two months away is the most exciting one for me. Like you alluded to in the OP, there's a bit of trepidation about anything releasing as intended because of Covid, so I'm waiting until we're less than a month away before I get tooooo carried away.

In a world where there was a 90% certainty that the games would hit this year, I'd talk to you about God of War and BOTW 2, but I don't have that confidence in those titles. So the game that I'm also very excited for - and believe will release this year - is Gotham Knights. As a fan of the Arkham games, I can't say I like all the changes that I've seen but a good single player story in Gotham has an immediate connection with me.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't have much of the confirmed 2021 games. Returnal? Deathloop looks interesting too.

/edit: oh I forgot RE Village. That's probably the one.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I take it major expansions of currently released games count? Because if so then:

ff14_endwalker_logo-4bqsyydw5.jpg

Along with Halo Infinite.

GovernWort

Prophet of Truth
Feb 20, 2020
Halo
Kena and Returnal are making it mighty tempting to pick up a PS5. But Kena is a timed exclusive and I think I'll wait until the release of PSVR2 so the console might be a tad easier to get here in the UK.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Some of the ones I'm looking forward to this year:
Monster Hunter Rise (love that they've gona back to dowbloadable event quests)
Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville (been waiting for a offline version of those games ever since the first one)
Last Epoch (if it gets out of early access this year)
Binding of Isaac Repentance (still one of the best roguelikes out there)
Sifu (interestign setting and the combat system looks both satisfying and satisfying)
Resident Evil 8 (It's Resident Evil)
Back 4 blood (if it supports offline play)
Both Famicom Detective Club games (Love me some adventure games)
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (really excited about the change up to teh gameplayw ith third person and open world)

Last edited:

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As a racing game fan its incredibly hard to be excited this year at the moment, especially as someone who prefers arcade racers. HOWEVER the fact there'll be a new Hotwheels game that could be good for the first time in 16 years (since Stunt Track Challenge on PS2) is a fantastic prospect, and that the new game will even have a track editor, which is something i love in games.. So yeah, Hot Wheels Unleashed is my most anticipated game at the moment.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Depends a lot of what actually makes it this year:

I'd love to play
BotW 2 and Elden Ring but I'm not sure either is gonna make it.

From the announced ones it's more likely I'll day 1 the Nier Remake.
It's always possible something comes completely out of the left field like Valheim, but this year is rather slim on the quantity of titles I'm looking forward to. The quality might be outstanding though.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
weirdly enough i dont think i have one
there was no recent announcement that made me think "wow i really want to play that"
not even from companies i used to enjoy most games like obsidian. avowed did little for me.

guess i'm just coasting along and playing indies till i find something i like, i guess

Oct 25, 2017
It's between Psychonauts 2, Deathloop and Radio The Universe for me. Loop Hero comes out today so that's out of the list

Also waiting for:

Re: Village
Biomutant
JETT: The Far Shore
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
The Gunk
Total Warhammer 3

and quite a lot of other things actually lol every year is so packed with games

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
confirmed:
- Horizon Forbidden West

not confirmed but likely:
- TUNIC
- Elden Ring
- Halo Infinite

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
The World Ends With You: NEO. I'm actually a bit surprised, the hype seems to have died down after the initial reveal. I thought the trailer looked incredible. It might be my most anticipated game since like Persona 5 I guess.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
All games beginning with R coincidently.

Returnal
Resident Evil 8 Village
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart

All in release order. Super excited for these 3.