• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Now first and foremost we all know that especially this year delays can and will happen and games scheduled for this year could be bumped to next year. Still, feel free to discuss games that're still currently slated for 2021, despite how likely it is they may get pushed to next year.

For my own personal choice it's gotta be the new God of War. It may or may not make this year but I'll still anticipate it for 2021 until Sony says otherwise. A sequel to my GOTY 2018 and one of the best overall gaming experiences I've ever had is a no brainer for me and I can't wait to see how the story of Kratos and Atreus progresses.

Now for a runner-up I'm going to select Horizon Forbidden West. This title is almost certainly coming in 2021 and Sony's recently reaffirmed that. Horizon Zero Dawn was an incredible experience. I enjoyed the action, the enemies and the backstory of the game very much. The little bit we've seen from the trailer for FW looks like they're really expanding it and I'm excited to see what direction they take the franchise.

What're you anticipating the most this year?

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ratchet and Clank I think. There doesn't seem to be very much for me this year unfortunately :(

Tarantism

Nov 8, 2017
It's going to be such a good year I can't pick one:

Deathloop
Weird West (hopefully)
Total War Warhammer 3

And Hitman 3 already came out.
Seriously good stuff.

Irene

Feb 22, 2021
Since I'm team 2022 for BotW2, I'm saying Nier Replicant.

Loved Automata to death, never got around to play original Nier. So psyched!

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
It would have been Horizon Forbidden West, but I honestly don't think it will come out this year. There's really not much I'm really looking forward to that's actually guaranteed to come out this year. Resident Evil I guess?

Jan 4, 2018
giphy.gif

Paper Cheese

Oct 9, 2019
Probably Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Halo Infinite or Breath of the Wild 2. Got a feeling it's going to be a weirdly quiet year though, lots of titles gonna get delayed to 2022 (including BOTW2, although I hope not!)

Last edited:

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
FFXIV Endwalker
RE8
Nier Remaster

MH Rise would be if I would know for certain its coming to other platforms in 2021, not interested in playing it on Switch.

Those 3 are the ones I wanna play the most.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Deathloop and nothing comes even close. I just love Arkane's games so much, and I've been planning to get me a PS5 the closest to May 20th as possible

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
To be quite frank, there is games coming out that I am excited for... but I don't have one currently that I am super excited for. Maybe if GoW, FF16, BotW2 or Elden Ring would be 2021 titles (they are not, stop fooling yourselves).

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Hollow Knight Silksong > GOW Ragnarok > Elden Ring > Horizon Forbidden West

We'll see which ones will make 2021, if any lol

OP
OP
vivftp

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
lol, I suppose if I had to pick another option I might (cheekily) choose the re-release of Cyberpunk on PlayStation with the next gen patch. I've been waiting for such a game for so long and have managed to avoid any spoilers, so I can wait a bit longer.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Confirmed release dates: Deathloop, Humankind

Projected for 2021:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2,
Get in the Car, Loser!
Psychonauts 2
Venba
World of Horror
System Shock Remake

PC Ports in 2021:

Yakuza 6: Song of Life
Final Fantasy VII Remake (unannounced)
Days Gone

Overall, most excited for Deathloop.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil Village but i'm trying to not get too excited, cuz even that one has chance to get delayed few months.

Returnal can be very solid. Problem is PS5 may as well not exist where i live lol. We won't get restock before summer at earliest.

Horizon: Forbidden West because God of War Sequel isn't coming this year.

Even Horizon is not 100% lock for this year.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to even entertain the idea of God of War hitting this year anymore so gotta say Horizon Forbidden West and I hope it doesn't get delayed as well.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Probably the next call of duty.
it is what Me and my friends play the most so is most exciting / most memories.

oh and battlefield.

Oct 25, 2017
Nier Replicant and FF7R Intergrade for me. GT was delayed and God Of War is not likely to make 2021, otherwise those as well.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Deathloop, unless some of the unknowns (Starfield, Elden Ring) ends up making it this year, which I don't really expect them to.

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
Halo Infinite and Hellblade2, although I'm not sure if Hellblade is coming this year?... In fact I've lost track of release dates and delayed games, and have little idea what is coming and when... Plus, I've got to get an XSX first.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Didn't we used to have a semi-official Most Anticipated thread every year where we voted for the games we're most excited for? And then the voted would get tallied up. What happened to that? It was good times.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm it's a toss up between Guilty Gear Strive
4a1.gifv

and Ratchet and Clank
3684927-ratchet-6.gif

which now are annoyingly coming out on the same day lol.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Elden Ring, if it comes out. Bunch of indies like Weird West, Dead Static Drive, Gloomwood, Backbone. Other than that, Deathloop and Warhammer 3

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017

First straight-up Civ challenger ever? Hopefully it will bring some fresh ideas that the next Civ can be inspired by.

Also looking forward to The Old World 1.0 (if that's 2021).

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Too many.

Nier Replicant, Legend of Mana, SMT Nocturne, Mass Effect Trilogy, Baldur's Gate 3, Pathfinder 2, Trudogard, Encased, Solasta, Biomutant, Diablo 2.

There are still many others too but I'm not sure about 2021, like Shin Megami Tensei V, Tales of Arise and Scarlet Nexus.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Can't pick just one but..

Shadow Warrior 3 (PC) - loved SW1 so damn much but the sequel dropped the ball. This third outing looks incredible and, gets rid of the loot nonsense, and will be up there with the best visuals of the year if the gameplay footage we've seen so far is anything to go by.

Axiom Verge 2 (PC) - just loved the first game so much, one of the best Metroid-likes of all time

Hollow Knight Silksong (PC) - the first game wasn't perfect by any means but it had an unmatched and unique atmosphere in its world, and I can't wait to see what the sequel has in store and get fully immersed again.

Ratchet (PS5) - Big fan of the franchise.. when they're 60fps. And this outing is confirmed to have a 60fps mode! So very happy Indeed.

Halo Infinite (PC) - I've still got confidence that the campaign will be a good romp if you're a FPS or Halo fan. The recent screenshots look exactly like what I've wanted from a new Halo game since Halo 3.

RE: Village (PC) - whilst the demo felt like more of the same, that's exactly what I want. RE7 was a blast.

NieR Replicant (PC) - although I have my doubts of it coming close to NA.

Last edited: