• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe you've had a rough day at work, or with family/relationships.
Perhaps the weather has you down.
Or you're going through a tough time mentally.

You've decided that you're going to try and get some enjoyment from a game. No stress, no frustrations. Which game do you go to first?
What's that good comfort food game for you?

I would list one of my own, but it feels like I don't quite have that game at the moment.

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Definitely Minecraft. I get on and just slowly add things to my world for an hour or so when I need to cool down. Especially after playing games like Rust or Siege.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure

Everything about it is blissful. The color palette is bright and cheerful. The enemies generally don't even look like they want to hurt you, they're just there (bosses excepted). The music is perfect and fun sounding.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Resident Evil 4. Even if I don't feel like playing it, once I'm about 10 minutes into a new game, I'm hooked again. It has a 100% chance of making my day better and I love trying to go through it with weird weapon combinations just to see if I can win. My favorite is starting pistol mode.

Pascal

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
giphy.gif

Chrono Trigger. That game is such an uplifting experience for me each time I play through it.

Then there's also...

3877cb7100f7841661267cce54a648ca.gif

Streets of Rage 2 when I just wanna turn my brain off, vibe to some great music, and beat up bad guys.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Sayonara Wild Hearts. Never get bored of it and can complete it in under an hour.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Animal Crossing feels like that. Just going to talk to the villagers clears my head space.

Breath of the Wild is a fantastic game for when I want to turn my brain completely off. Just wondering around is great.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Either the first episode of the first Doom or the first hour or so of Dead Rising 2 (I try to see how high I can level/how much Zombrex I can grab before going to meet Rebecca I think).

Just a couple things I play to "calm my nerves," I guess.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
as far as recent games.

-The hillcrests encounter in last of us 2. Such a fun combat arena, load it up just to see how fast I can blow through it.

-Swinging around in spiderman ps5. Very comfy at sunset with heavy snow turned on. Shame we can't disable the random crimes. Having your friend chirp about some robbery every 5 minutes is annoying.

-Just walking around in RDR2. The Open world production values can't be beat.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Dark Souls when I am stressed or just not feeling good. It's something incredibly frustrating but requires a calm and calculated approach and allows me to get my mind off of whatever shit is going on in my life

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Wipeout Omega Collection's Zone mode with some of my personal favorite dance/electronica tunes.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Ridge Racer, PS1, every time.

Blast around the track powersliding round every corner and forget about my woes. It's instant 'feel good' to me. Takes me right back to a simpler time.

Egocrata

Aug 31, 2019
Transport Fever 2.

Sandbox. Unlimited money. Tons of mods. It is just like playing with toy trains on a giant model railroad all over again. It is beautiful, relaxing, and just feels right.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Astrobot PSVR. it makes me feel child-like happiness that no game really has for a long time.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny. If I have have a long day and just want to shoot shit for an hour Destiny fits the bill.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Tetris Effect. I'd come home after a stressful day, pour myself a drink and fire up the VR and just chill for about 20 minutes.

Also recently Animal Crossing. It's been a blessing having this out this year.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Animal Crossing and Overwatch, I'd say. The former provides peace and relaxation, while the latter draws my entire concentration away from whatever's bothering me.