• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
The same as the overall GOTY of 2019

Outer Wilds

But i didnt get it through gamepass i got it from their E3 conference so i dont know if it fits

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Since I only have the pc version, it would be The Outer Worlds to me. I only have an Xbox One A , is it worth upgrading g to ultimate or do most games run poorly?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Since I only have the pc version, it would be The Outer Worlds to me. I only have an Xbox One A , is it worth upgrading g to ultimate or do most games run poorly?
Some games run fine, some games run poorly. I found Outer Wilds performance and IQ to be unacceptable and experience ruining on xbox one s, so I bought the PC version.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Yoku's Island Express. It's a pinball/platformer game and it's loads of fun. I never go for achievements or all the extra stuff, but i did with this game because i enjoyed it so much. Amazing game, i really hope they will make a sequel to it.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I think.... Crackdown 3? Unless Shenmue 1 can count since I played it and really enjoyed it this year.

Crackdown 3 is pretty average overall but games like The Outer Worlds, Bloodstained, and Gears 5 (🤢) were hugely disappointing titles.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
Devil May Cry 5, and even more so because without XGP I probably wouldn't have played it. Fantastic game.

Honourable mentions go out to Gears 5, Hellblade, The Outer Worlds & My Friend Pedro.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
As for the new release games, it's Gears 5 for me. Followed by the Outers. But I believe that Minecraft came out on GP this year and that has become one of my favorite games of all time. It's my desert island game. I've dropped over 100 hours into it and haven't even beaten the dragon

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix Point. Love some XCOM-based actions. Gears Tactic should be interesting too this year

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Outer Wilds is my GotY and I played it through Game Pass. Haven't really played much else via Game Pass to be honest.

OP
OP
TheKeyPit

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think.... Crackdown 3? Unless Shenmue 1 can count since I played it and really enjoyed it this year.

Crackdown 3 is pretty average overall but games like The Outer Worlds, Bloodstained, and Gears 5 (🤢) were hugely disappointing titles.
Hey, nice seeing Crackdown 3 getting some love. I enjoyed my time with it. It got better with each progress on my character.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wandersong. If you haven't played it, I can't recommend it enough.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Slay the Spire. I may have never, ever have played a deck building videogame if not for this thing being on Game Pass. When all is said and done, may end up in my top 5 most played games of this generation.

dtamago

Feb 1, 2019
Monster Hunter World, gave the game a go because it got added to game pass, ended up purchasing the game and the iceborne expansion.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
As far as total hours and enjoyment, probably Crackdown 3.

For uniquenessand sheer delight, probably Yoku.

Would never have played either without Game Pass!

(Honorable mention for PC game pass goes to Age of Empires DE.)

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Wandersong. If you haven't played it, I can't recommend it enough.
I might... probably won't though.
8YiFtRv.png
spoiler tags kill this joke, lol

I'd have to go with either Void Bastards or Outer Worlds. Never got too much into Outer Wilds.

I loved Outer Worlds though, a lot more than most it seems.

Wait, Crackdown 3 was this year ? I had a ton of fun with Crackdown 3 (never touched the multiplayer though lol), but I don't think I liked it as much as those other two games I mentioned.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
I have to give it to Void Bastards! That game is awesome and something that I wouldn't normally have paid much attention to.

Runner-up would be Gears 5.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
What Remains of Edith Finch

It's the very definition of the type of game that's doesn't appeal to me, and I would have never purchased it outright outside of the service. My friend urged me to try to it and I figured "why not, it's 'free' isn't it?" Ended up thoroughly enjoying that trip of a game and I felt very tied to the Finch house by the end.

I think I enjoyed Dead Cells, Forza Horizon 4, and Outer Wilds more, but Edith Finch took me by surprise and crushed my expectations.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I probably have to play the Outer Wilds. Gets so much praise.

I'll vote for The Outer Worlds, legit one of my favorite games of 2019 in general and so for it to be "Free" on GamePass. Hot damn.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
I got Game Pass this year so I don't know how to tell which of these games were added in 2019 or not, except for the ones that released in 2019 obviously.

-Enjoying MGS V. This game has sooo many flaws, a lot of them glaring, but the gameplay is great.
-The Outer Worlds. It's not exactly groundbreaking but it's scratching that itch that Bethesda can't with that shitty dialogue in FO4. Also I like sci-fi.
-Outer Wilds. Definitely didn't enjoy it as much as a lot of people here, but enjoyed it well enough. The sense of discovery was fantastic.
-The Witcher 3. Playing through it for the 3rd time but 1st on Xbox. One of the GOATs.

Feel free. We're talking about games in a gaming forum. I've seen sillier conversations here.

That was a silly comment anyways. Game pass has a much, much bigger selection of games. PS+ GOTY would totally be a valid discussion but they're definitely not on equal terms.

Hubi

Nov 13, 2017
All different genres, but Gears, Demon's Tilt, Operencia and Yoku were the best games for me

banter

Jan 12, 2018
In the beginnng of this thread I hadn't played Outer Wilds yet and was asking about it. Now I can confirm and add to the long list of people who have also said it is my game pass goty.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Subnautica for me! Didn't expect it to be as terrifying as it was in certain situations. Really enjoyed my time with it

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
That's tough...

I'm going to say either Devil May Cry 5 or Outerworlds

Still trying to get into Outerwilds but I'm not good at flying....I died and had to start from the beginning again?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Even with only 5 hours played, its easily Outer Wilds. I'd go so far as saying it's in my top 5 games of the past decade. I had not even heard of it prior to release, and downloaded it because the icon was cool.
Imagine my shock at how incredible the game was. I stopped playing and looked it up online that day, and yeah I missed out on info on it pre release lol.

Outer Wilds coming on release day to GP is a further testament to how amazing the service is. Far and away the best thing to happen in gaming in the last long while.

If you want to go on a real adventure, piloting your spaceship through a solar system, uncovering the bizarre mystery of what exactly is going on, while stuck in a weird Groundhog Day situation , play this game! For the sheer raw sense of being a space pioneer and the incredible gameplay of flying with physics, piecing clues together, and pushing ever closer to the truth in a 22 minute cycle increment, Outer Wilds is a revaluation and made me feel like a kid again while playing.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Outer Worlds, although I would have bought it anyway. Metro Exodus was good, but I bought at launch and didn't play it for awhile, then it went on Game Pass. :-( Gears 5 was a good value too.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I've played:

Outer Worlds
Outer Wilds
Age of Empires HD
Vampyr
My Friend Pedro

Probably Outer Worlds out of that list.

Trying to enjoy Outer Wilds but there's something about it that reminds me of "The Witness" which I just could not get into at all.