• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
So many...

Kind Words
Dreams
Day of the Tentacle
Life Is Strange
Disco Elysium
Ace Attorney
Papers, Please
Forza Horizon
Animal Crossing
VA-11 Hall-A

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I find how I set up Civ 6 games, Standard Map Size Minus 1 Civ, and how I play, very very peaceful and friendly, almost all my games end up with me not engaging with warfare, sans barbarians of course, and just watching the AI have countless wars amongst themselves. Culture Victory is also my preferred vic type to go for and no War is needed for that. Whenever my neighbour declares on me I am always bummed lol This approach can work up to Emperor Difficulty but gets a bit more tricky as you go up but not impossible. Depends on who you spawn next to of course and the land etc but in general - the games I finish are the ones I have had no fights and just settled and explored and built wonders and theatre squares and just cruised to victory being friends and allied with everyone, minus the 1 leftover who will invariably hate you.

Otherwise, Journey is a good shout.

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
GTA V /s

Life is Strange 1, BtS, and 2. The Crew 1 is also one of my favorite non-violent games -- it's awesome to just drive around the map and listen to the great soundtrack.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Forza Horizon series is my fave overall, love the following as well:

Football Manager
FIFA/PES
Rime
Abzu
Journey
The Outer Wilds
Zoo Tycoon
Two Point Hospital

OP
OP
8bit

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
If rolling up animals and humans into a ball and continuing to roll over them isn't violent then Katamari series it is. Considering how happy the people sound when they get rolled up I'll say they consider it a ride.

Couple that with the absurd story and absolutely delightful music and you've got a great chill game that just happens to be fantastic as well.

I love the Katamari games, esp Forever. It's got the greatest soundtrack.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Let me give a shout out to Steep, Ubisoft's winter sports game from 2016. You can definitely fall and get hurt, but there's no interpersonal violence.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
The Witness is one of my favorite games from recent memory. That first playthrough was magical.

TheWitnessGIF.gif

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
Can't believe so many people mention Edith Finch without mentioning the developer's previous game, The Unfinished Swan. It's essentially a non-violent first person shooter.

Puzzle games, exploration games, and rhythm games shine here.

Here's a few I've recently enjoyed:
A Short Hike
Shape of the World
Old Man's Journey
Songbird Symphony (you could argue that you're battling the other birds in the rhythm battles)
Snake Pass (unless you include falling to your death)

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
The Ace Attorney series has a bunch of people who get murdered, but all conflict in the story is resolved non-violently.

Similarly, Ghost Trick is a game all about death, but your only goal is to save people except the guy in the first chapter who gets crushed by a wrecking ball, he's screwed

Celeste has a story and conflict that doesn't involve any violence.

Fez doesn't really have a story, but also isn't violent.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Baba is You
Fez
The Witness
Tetris 99
Undertale (sort of?)
Astroneer
The Stanley Parable
Dear Esther
We Were Here (co-op)

EDIT:

GOROGOA every one must play Gorogoa.

Oct 28, 2017
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. It's a walking sim, so there's no violence at all, it has a very character focused story and an absolutely beautiful soundtrack.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Either Ghost Trick or The Curse of Monkey Island. I mean, they do have some violence, but it's mild and not part of the main gameplay.

kingbility

Oct 27, 2017
Football Manager and EuroTruck Simulator 2! I'd also say CTR, but that game is technically violent lol

Anubseth

Jan 10, 2018
My two picks are Dear Esther and Wandersong (surprised no one named it). Wandersong is really nice and heartwarming. If this was any other "regular game" you would play as your rival and you can see how damaging and egotistical her views are.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
does mario count as non violent?

uhh, tetris?

on thinking about this i realized i play almost no non violent games

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
This thread made me realize I play a lot of games with violence.

Luminous
Hexcells
Thomas Was Alone (does that still count?)