• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Every time a company announces some new 'collector's edition' with a crappy statue or whatever for $400+ now-a-days, I think back to my awesome huge great qaulity/detail Dark Souls II guy that hardly cost more than the regular version of the game.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
In the real world...
Either my Game and Watch shelf (old pic but its the only one that has most of them in it):

The special competition version of SMB G&W which was never for sale:

Some of the collectors editions (but not all mind you) from Mega Man - the MM9 press kit and the various EXE special editions:

Meanwhile in the virtual world... My Yagami amassed a nice little collection of toys in Lost Judgment:

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
A lot of the collector's editions that I have purchased in the past were just excuses to charge an extra $30 or $60 AUD for a mini guide book or additional DLC. I'd seldom rarely have true collectable editions. A few of note

The batarang from Arkham Asylum
The facehugger from the Aliens vs Predator collectors edition

My favourite (and the one I went through a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get) would be the Batman statue from the Arkham Knight collectors edition.

*Google Search Image*
DC-Arkham-Knight-Batman-Statue-Light-up.jpg

And on the same token (purchased both PC and PS4 collector's editions!), the PS4 Arkham Knight console is a treat and still sexy to this day.

2838611-batmanbundle.jpg

img]

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza 0 collectors came with glasses and ice stones, so I don't display them per se, but I use them all the time

SinOfHeart

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I really like my Mana Khemia stuff. Not super popular games in the Atelier series, but I absolutely love the games.

I have the special edition of the second game.
52217590629_6de8d9d84f_k.jpg

And the figure that came with the special edition of the Japanese version of the first game.
52217319931_6b98771d07_k.jpg

Edit:
I guess I also really like my Fallout 3 stuff. I have the lunch box version of the game, but in addition to that on display with it, from PAX 2008, I have one of the pip boy hand puppets, a framed poster, and one of the redemption cards that you needed to get stamped in order to obtain one of the items they were handing out.

52217346623_4693c95366_k.jpg

Last edited:

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Probably my Alcatraz figure, which was included in the Nano Edition of Crysis 2:

CRALC004.jpg

CRALC001.jpg

Alcatraz_2_600x960px.jpg

This edition also came with a backpack resembling the Nanosuit, although that's currently sitting in my closet, rather than on display. Would love to get a helmet for Crysis 4, or maybe even a fully functional Nanosuit if possible.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
I have got The Witcher 3 griffin statue on display.

I generally avoid collectors editions however this was one an absolute bargain for me at release and I was a massive Witcher 1&2 fan. Very much like it still.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
It's not "on display" anymore as I've had to retire it through wear and tear - but the walkthrough for Mass Effect Andromeda (which I still haven't actually played) came with a nice rucksack that worked really well as my work bag for 4-5 years.
As nice as it is to have display stuff/things to look at, that's my favourite just because it was the most useful

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I really like my Mana Khemia stuff. Not super popular games in the Atelier series, but I absolutely love the games.

I have the special edition of the second game.
52217590629_6de8d9d84f_k.jpg

And the figure that came with the special edition of the Japanese version of the first game.
52217319931_6b98771d07_k.jpg
I love Mana Khemia!! I just have the "regular" NISA collector's editions, though.

I love that Madoka Magica figure you've got, too!

Yeah but they were also released as standard merchandise and there's other characters of them as well.
Ah okay, I thought I'd seen them around before. They're cute, though. I'd love to get my hands on a Lightning one someday.

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
If, by "on display", you mean still sealed and locked away inside the cardboard packing box it arrived in because nobody will ever touch it ever ever, probably FFXII The Zodiac Age. Has a bunch of little bust statues of the judges.

If by "on display" you mean on display, I have a nice Skyrim PC collector's edition with a big dragon statue.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
For some reason I have ended up with the original japanese 1:1 Metal Gear Solid V replica arm, but I can't display it at the moment.

Other than that I don't collect merchandise (mostly because money and space reasons), but I had to have that one because it seems timeless

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
In the real world...
Either my Game and Watch shelf (old pic but its the only one that has most of them in it):

The special competition version of SMB G&W which was never for sale:

Some of the collectors editions (but not all mind you) from Mega Man - the MM9 press kit and the various EXE special editions:

Meanwhile in the virtual world... My Yagami amassed a nice little collection of toys in Lost Judgment:
Glorious! Love the G&W's

Mockasin

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I usually don't buy Collector Editions. But when Nier Automata was announced I felt I needed to buy it day 1 to support Yoko Taro. But in hindisght I don't think he needed my support. :)

Screenshot-1.jpg

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really buy the really big ones with stuff like that, the last one was Street Fighter 4 with the Ryu and Poison figurines

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
Death Stranding BB is on my desk, Metroid Dread art book is great, also have the great Links Awakening Gameboy Steelcase on my shelf
shopping

SinOfHeart

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I love Mana Khemia!! I just have the "regular" NISA collector's editions, though.

I love that Madoka Magica figure you've got, too!
Yeah I have that version of the first game too. I'm glad someone else likes the game! I rarely meet people who have even heard of it!

I feel like it is kind of hard to recommend to people, because the first game has some issues that I can overlook but I feel like other people might not. The second game fixes most of those issues, but the two story paths in that game are so different in tone I feel like a lot of people might be turned off if they pick Ulrika first since her crew is very weird (and don't get along that well) versus Raze which feels more like a standard RPG in tone.

And thanks! I'm a big fan of Madoka Magica as well.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I still really like my Halo: Reach statue. It's got a nice heft and got good detail on it.