• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Most people may not like but 30 Days of Night is my favorite, I really really enjoy it.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I like 30 days of night but my favourite will always be Interview with a vampire but it's not that it's objectively the best vampire movie I've seen, it's just that it means a lot to me and represents my teenage years. If I'm being totally objective then " the girl who walks home alone at night" and "let the right one in" are better movies.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Blade 2 and it's not even close.
gif5abd.gif

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
For me it's Let the Right One In. I think the main reason being that the vampire deal is in support of a larger, more grounded and personal story which is very recognisable.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, tough because I'm not a huge fan of most vampire movies , but I love vampires as a concept.

Dracula is a classic, Bela Lugosi just crushed the role.

I'm also really fond of Bram Stoker's Dracula as a visual spectacle.

What We Do In The Shadows fuckin rules. The TV show is even better

Shadow of the Vampire is incredible too. Willem DaFoe is absolutely insane as the Max Schreck

Other than that there isn't a whole lot I like, the made for TV Salem's Lot from the 80s is cool but a bit overlong. Hoping the new version handles the book well, it's my favorite Stephen King book. Lost Boys is wild, but it's very cheesy.

Edit: I forgot about From Dusk Till Dawn and Let the Right One In!

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992), Interview with the Vampire, Nosferatu - both 1922 and 1979, Blade I+II, 30 Days of Night, Lost Boys, What We Do In The Shadows, Let the Right One In

Bonus: Nosferatu model you can see in Orava Castle, Slovakia based on the Count Orlok character from the Nosferatu (1922) movie, which had many scenes filmed on said castle
xNYWKfe.jpg

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
Dance of the Vampires (aka The Fearless Vampire Killers). Always feels very nostalgic to watch it, one of my favorite winter/snow themed movies.

Jayde Six

Feb 2, 2019
With all the variety of genres it depends on my mood, if I were to put one on right now I'd go with Only Lovers Left Alive

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Coppola's Dracula, just because it's a visual delight.

bsC0vCE.gif

ONO8OqT.gif

hgutgRh.gif

ATJ7FgN.gif

oTZLnXj.gif

It's a nerdy thing but I'm deeply appreciative of how all of the visual effects in the movie are done in-camera, without CGI or optical compositing.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Either Fright Night (original) or Vamp. Innocent Blood also gets an honorable mention from me.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
The Lost Boys - Keifer Sutherland is amazing in it

Let the Right One In - Just a great film and book.