• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
the fearless vampire hunters from roman polanski.

love that film, watched it >25 times since my teen days.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
I have to give Bram Stoker's Dracula a rewatch.

The novel is one of my all time favorites and I went to watch the film in theaters back in '92. While the visuals were great I was too annoyed at the liberties taken with the book's plot. Gary Oldman's kimono look also was off-putting. I have never revisited it.

I'm going to see if I can judge it without bringing the novel in as baggage. I still say that a faithful adaptation of the book without any of the reincarnated love / Dracula as tragic figure bullshit could be genuinely great.

MV5BODlkNDEwMzctYmFmNS00MzExLWI5MmEtMjQzOWZkNGVmMDRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk0MjQ3Nzk@._V1_.jpg

This is the closest you'll get as of right now. Hell of a faithful adaptation, but a direct result of that is it's very dry.

Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but The Transfiguration is a great damn vampire movie.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Herzog's Nosferatu. It's a stunning visual treat, drenching in atmosphere, that stands the test of time — as does Kinski's Dracula, which is still the most sinister, unsettling vampire I've seen depicted on film. Death, pestilence, and dread follow him like a shadow. He's give a gives off a somber & icey sort of evil that makes most movie vampires look like silly little clowns in comparison. Brilliant film.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
OP nailed it. What We Do in the Shadows is also great, as is Only Lovers Left Alive. This one's a treat as well:

4467_print2.jpg

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders. A delicious piece of Czech New Wave from 1970.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Let the Right One In was such a good vampire movie. I remember really liking an Iranian vampire film too but I can't remember the name of it.
A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night.

Edit: didn't notice the multiple pages, beaten like cake mix.

bf4e85aa5c3901e3a099fad05269719f.jpg

Vamp was the first vampire film I ever saw, and I still love it to this day. Still haven't seen a vampire more terrifying than Grace Jones was in this.

A classic that too many people don't know about.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll throw one out that I never see brought up: The Transfiguration. About a boy who thinks he is a vampire. Real fucking dark.

aTgjuLZ.jpg

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
v1.bTsxMjIwMTQyMztqOzE4MjMxOzEyMDA7MzM1OzQ3NQ

Dracula 2000, starring a then-unknown Gerard Butler.
Very happy to see at least one mentioning this movie. I enjoyed it very much.
I really liked the origin of Dracula in this one. Feels like it makes more "sense".

And very happy to see two people mention Dracula: Dead and Loving it.
Those to are among my favorites. All the other good ones have already been said.

Mirror XT8

Aug 27, 2019
Most good ones already mentioned except Dracula Untold. loved the more human view of Dracula as opposed to a generic villain with little screen time. hugely underrated. story is a mesh of the vampire folklore and history. great ending too along with action. has a scene with a giant hand made of bats smashing an army.

Dracula+Untold+Poster+2.jpg

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Vampires are my favorite horror monsters and I wish there were more, better movies about them.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. Also one of the best anime movies of all time.

a18a4b42129910eb5d1a6fe37f158c8ed9714fb0_00.gif

original.gif

tumblr_o7k8rv7pXo1qc3ju8o4_500.gifv

gbZ35b5.gif

The nominations in the first page also made me realize how terrible most vampire films are, hahah.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Interview is the GOAT. Tom Cruise is excellent and then you have Pitt, Banderas and Dunst also doing good performances.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Salem's Lot. The kid vampire knocking on the window to be let in terrified me as a kid. As did the old guy in the rocking chair.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
s-l640.jpg

This one by far. I don't mind most vampire films, but this one is really top grade stuff. Amazingly made film in every respect, and I could keep watching it forever if it was a TV series.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Near Dark for drama, Lost Boys for fun, Blade 2 for splatter, and Bram Stoker's Dracula for Keanu and Winona's magnificent English accents.

qssm

Oct 26, 2017
There are three vampire movies that I adore and all three are very different from each other.

Let The Right One In (Original is better, but both versions are great)
Thirst
What We Do In the Shadows

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I know it's not a good movie, but with every other one I enjoy already taken - I always enjoyed "Vampires in Brooklyn" way more than it deserves.

I haven't seen it in ages and if I go by the Lesley Nielson one, I really shouldn't do a rewatch either.

Oct 28, 2017
Coppola's Dracula, Carpenter's Vampires, Nadja, or Thirst.

The Coppola one is so endlessly fascinating to me. It is really a love letter to classic film effects. I just wish it had a better Harker.
Harker, definitely, and even Ryder slides into mediocrity at various points. But the cinematography, the effects, the performances of Oldman and Hopkins, and the score put the movie over the top. Especially the score, I love the shit out of it.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really loved Underworld in 2003 and watched the movie 3,4 times in those days when I was 16 years old. But don't know if I'll like it these days or not.

gj8c_711mwuxy6ol._sy445_.jpg

Other than that, don't remember a favorite vampire movie and the only one that came to my mind was Nosferatu.

449a_sadsa.jpg