• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta go with the western gamecube version of Tales of Symphonia here as I found it very atmospheric. It is also great nostalgia for me (15 years ago wow)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Tales of Zestiria is super hype imo. Was a watch every time I started it up.

Nov 1, 2017
Not my favorite, but I want to say that while I like the vocals in the Japanese Hearts R Intro, I thought the replacement in the english version was fine.

Japanese

English

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Oh ho ho ho! I f*cking LOVE Tales openings! Easily some of the best parts of the entire experience.

I was a big fan of the Japanese opening of Symphonia once that I heard it, same for Abyss. Vesperia made me realize how good the intro could be in English (In fact, I think is much better in English). Also, despite that I thought that both Xillia and Zestiria were underwhelming games, I must admit that they have pretty damn kickass opening themes. Eternia is one of the best in the old-school category. Innocense's is pretty unique and cool. Graces and Hearts' are fine. Rebirth and Legendia's are pretty boring.

I would say that Vesperia is my overall favorite because of how well it was translated and improved.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Vesperia and Graces f are my favourites by a long shot. Which is funny, considering Vesperia is my favourite Tales and Graces f is my LEAST favourite Tales (though I'm still playing through Zestiria and it might win this terrible contest).

I don't recall any of them being bad, but I barely remember Xillia 1 and Abyss. Xillia 2 isn't bad, and Zestiria works pretty well (though only the Japanese version, the English version that replaces the vocals with a guitar line exposes how repetitive the song is).

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017

Tales of Xillia for me. I love this song and video especially when the tempo picks up. It's also my favorite tales game generally.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tales of The Abyss - Bump of Chicken - Karma will always be my favorite.

Someone also did this great adaptation

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
God I really can't decide.

In terms of songs I like Vesperia's "Ring a Bell" and Grace's "White Wishes".

But the era of Ufotable's animation is SO GOOD as well.

Without fail, 1 and 2 are also cool

2 is my favorite of the triology.

The games average, but the opening was always godlike. Ayumi Hamasaki is just god

Ludge is fucking hyped when in motion.

The final boss theme of the main song is also one of my favorite of all.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My favorites are Berseria, Symphonia PS2, Innocence, Innocence R, Xillia 2 and Zestiria.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
For song Probably Vesperia or Zestiria, for nostalgia definitely Symphonia.

If we're talking animation, anything Xillia and beyond is clearly superior because they changed the animation stufio responsible then.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Symphonia's intro is my favorite. Both the Japanese and English versions are enjoyable in their own ways.
Also a special mention for Zestira's Japanese opening.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Abyss probably. But I like Vesperia, Graces f, Symphonia (both western and japanese version) and Zestiria opening too.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing beats Vesperia's to me. That song is still catchy and still gives me feels.

Last edited:

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard to pick one but Symphonia was my first and it's still the first one that came to mind as I was reading the thread title. (gotta go with the japanese version though due to music)

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Vesperia (both versions) is pretty amazing and I also love the original version of Yume wa Owaranai, but personally I have to go with the opening for Innocence DS version.

I don't even like the game that much or anything but that Kokia song is so good and the animation that goes with it, while not the best in the franchise technically, does works nicely with it.

at 19:12 if the timestamp doesn't work.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved Ring a Bell (Vesperia)

~Reaching up for no man`s land
To take a breath and take a chance ...

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Without fail, 1 and 2 are also cool

Hell yeah. Glad someone picked out the Mythology games. I know them being Japan exclusive and spin off means less people played them, but those are great games with excellent OPs to match.

My personal favorite remains Graces f

The visuals alongside the vocals are so damn good, and hit my nostalgia bone every time I rewatch the opening.

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
I haven't even played Abyss but it already has my favorite intro in the series. It's just perfectly put together.

Honorable mention to Berseria and Graces as well, those two were pretty good as well!

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Tales of Eternia is easily my favorite of the bunch. "Flying" was Garnet Crow at some of their best. It had fantastic animation for a PS1 era game too. I remember being slightly devastated when I found out the Japanese version had this song and we didn't.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zesteria is dope as hell. The video for the song that plays in the opening is also good (I think the song is called White Light?)

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Back when Vesperia came out on 360 -- for my entire playthrough (which spanned weeks) I'd watch the entire intro every time I booted it up. Think I'd have to go with Vesperia

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite is probably Abyss, but 2nd place is pretty much a triple-tie between Xillia 2, Zestiria, and Berseria.