• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your favorite new Sony IP this decade?

• Horizon

Votes: 370 33.9%
  • Days Gone

Votes: 29 2.7%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 461 42.2%
  • The Order

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • DriveClub

Votes: 24 2.2%
  • Gravity Rush

Votes: 89 8.1%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 103 9.4%

• Total voters

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Hmmmmm, can't comprehend how Other has less than 90% of the votes despite Astro Bot not being its own poll option

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Gravity Rush. Charming protaganist, beautiful art style, incredible OSTs, top notch traversal mechanics, etc. It all comes together to create one of my favorite Sony IPs.

Hurts a lot that GR2 sold so poorly and that we've probably seen the end of Kat (at least for a very, very long time). Well, I'll always be rooting for the series.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
HorizonBorne of Us

phVCb60.gif

source.gif

GenuineOrnateAiredaleterrier-max-1mb.gif

Bonus: I get to play all three with Bows. 💛 🏹's

And soon....

The Last Of Us Part II,

QueasyPortlyAfricancivet-size_restricted.gif

BriefSplendidKomododragon-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Bloodborne is my #1 game of all time but it doesn't seem to be turning into a series. The Last is Us is my favorite IP that Sony has created. Can't wait to see how they direct that game.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Last Guardian easily, followed by Bloodborne. Maybe one day the student(Miyazaki) shall surpass the master(Ueda), but it's not yet this gen. Maybe with Elden Ring.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The Last of Us.

This gen so far, it was Bloodborne for me, but with Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima still coming, they still have a chance to take the crown.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne is the best game I've ever played.

The Last of Us is GOAT worthy.

Horizon got me back into open world games. Fighting those mechs is some of the coolest shit I've seen this gen (the DLC mechs are even more insane btw). I LOVED the ending to Horizon's story too, kinda made me tear up a bit honestly, and that's a rare thing for me with games as I generally am displeased with endings.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Tlou would absolutely dominate this poll if it is about this decade. If it is for this gen, then horizon for me

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
It's somewhat unfair, but the overwhelming likelilhood that Bloodborne isn't getting a sequel vaults Horizon to the top, which is definitely getting sequel.

Can't wait to see what GG cooks up now with the experience of already launching an RPG, and with the power of PS5. Brains will be melted.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Man Sony just really doesn't make stuff for me anymore. Ape Escape, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter are all among my favourite franchises.

PS3 onwards I've only really loved one off sort of stuff like Demon's Souls, Bloodborne and The Last Guardian. Most of their output just gets lost in the AAA blur to me, just not interested in those games.

I vote for Bloodborne.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Until Dawn. It's like an always good David Cage game.

tumblr_nu1qzruoBk1qmwh1to1_500.gif

After getting round to it recently, Bloodborne's pretty good too, although I do think it's just a tad overrated, if only due to a few straight up unfun boss fights.

I'll go with this, too.

I don't have any desire to replay Until Dawn in 2019, but I did enjoy it quite a bit at the time and would love to see a follow up (neither Hidden Agenda nor the VR game really count).

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Man Sony just really doesn't make stuff for me anymore. Ape Escape, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter are all among my favourite franchises.

PS3 onwards I've only really loved one off sort of stuff like Demon's Souls, Bloodborne and The Last Guardian. Most of their output just gets lost in the AAA blur to me, just not interested in those games.

I vote for Bloodborne.
In the same boat. Voted Gravity Rush, but this thread is definitely a reminder that Sony has pivoted away from games that appeal to me over the past 10+ years.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That was really tougher than I anticipated. Blood borne, Horizon, and Gravity Rush are three of my faves, but I've only put over 300 hours in one of them, and that was Bloodborne, so it won my internal struggle.

Some fantastic new IPs from Sony's studios/exclusive third party partners this gen.

Days Gone is also really good, and I'm enjoying it immensely, but not enough to take the top spot from the other 3 I listed. Horizon is fantastic, and has one of the best stories in a game of its type that I've ever played. I need to revisit it once I chip away at more of my backlog

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The Last of Us. Though if you mean just this gen? Hmm, I think I'll side with HZD, as I think it'll have a long future, unlike Bloodborne, which is a masterpiece, but will probably not get a 2.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I'll go with Horizon, I had an incredible experience with that game. There's definitely been other extremely top tier new IPs by Sony in the decade though. Some of gaming's best.

And there's even more new IP coming with Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima, and holy crap just look at Dreams.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this just making me remember that there are so many dormant IPs that I wish Sony would bring back :(.

I want SOCOM and Syphon Filter!

That said, if we're limiting it to just this decade, then my favorite "new" IP would probably be Uncharted or TLOU.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
This list is missing Astro Bot despite it being better received than everything on the list aside from Bloodborne.

I'd go with Bloodborne though. Last of Us is also incredible in it's own right, but Bloodborne spoke to me more.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yes, they are very wrong. If it sold poorly it was because it wasn't marketed. I remember it getting no screen-time at E3 (or was it PSX?).. they showed another trailer at it during the pre-show. Not every title should be sales-driven either. Games like Gravity Rush add value to the overall brand.

Right. GR2 was never meant to or was ever going to be a multimillion dollar blockbuster, but smaller games like that have a place.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
My pick is Horizon, but why isn't TLOU a poll option? 2013 is this decade any way you slice it.

Detroit by a long distance.

Game is criminally underrated. One of the best story games I've come across alongside being one of the best looking games ever made.

Joke post? Detroit is one of the most embarrassing scripts in games, ever.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favourite new IP this gen is clearly Horizon Zero Dawn. Such an amazing game :)

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Tearaway is absolutely fantastic. Feels like a Nintendo game at its best. Media Molecule have the beat imagination in the industry.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne by far, Gravity Rush is a distant second. The rest don't really factor in it for me.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Horizon zero dawn and it's not even close. GOTG for me.
Edit: oops, read the title wrong, thought you were talking about this gen. This decade? Yeah, it's TLOU, no chance it's anything else.