• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So many classic ones to chose from. Universal? Disney? FOX? Columbia? Some other studio?

Might just be Universal for me. Just has that gravitas and weight to it.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
It's between Disney or Universal for me. Love them both. They both evoke serious nostalgia for me. Disney edges Universal out by a bit since there's a certain...magical feeling to "When You Wish Upon A Star"...though Universal has...I dunno, nevermind. I like them both.

Oct 27, 2017
Funny this thread is made after thinking of nostalgic opening tunes.

This is what triggered it when I put on Little Rascals on HBOnow the other day. Forgot about this one, always think of the "main"(?) Universal one.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Good thread. Universal for me. But top 3 below.

1. Universal

2. DreamWorks

3. Columbia

Honorable mention:
Castle Rock Entertainment

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
The animated Warner Bros logo that plays with the 'You Must Remember This' chords is the GOAT in my opinion.

Coming up hot in second place is Columbia Pictures before they added that stupid fucking Sony logo sting at the start.

United Artists around 1994-96. It was used in movies like Goldeneye and Showgirls.

Great shout. This is also a classic logo.

I also really like Canal Plus' film logo, StudioCanal.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
I know it's not a movie studio opening fanfare, but screw it, I'm nominating it anyway:

Deep Note aka TNX - THE AUDIENCE IS NOW DEAF! Shit honestly got little me way more hype for a movie than any studio logo.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Not an opening, but I was always fond of the Gracie Films outro at the end of every Simpsons episode. Puts me in a good place.