• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It has to be a short or short-ish line; not a full speech. Mine is the closing line from Babe:

img_8965.jpg

It just brings me so much emotion.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
"Billy, you are dealing with the oddity of time travel with the greatest of ease."

I can't explain why I love this line from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure so much, but I just do.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
It's not really a "line" as much as the narrator talking over the ending scene of The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

I'll put it in spoilers because most of the quotes in this thread are not spoilers.

• Narrator : He was ashamed of his persiflage, his boasting, his pretensions of courage and ruthlessness; he was sorry about his cold-bloodedness, his dispassion, his inability to express what he now believed was the case- that he truly regretted killing Jesse, that he missed the man as much as anybody and wished his murder hadn't been necessary. Even as he circulated his saloon he knew that the smiles disappeared when he passed by. He received so many menacing letters that he could read them without any reaction except curiosity. He kept to his apartment all day, flipping over playing cards, looking at his destiny in every King and Jack. Edward O'Kelly came up from Bachelor at one P.M. on the 8th. He had no grand scheme. No strategy. No agreement with higher authorities. Nothing but a vague longing for glory, and a generalized wish for revenge against Robert Ford. Edward O'Kelly would be ordered to serve a life sentence in the Colorado Penitentiary for second degree murder. Over seven thousand signatures would eventually be gathered in a petition asking for O'Kelly's release, and in 1902, Governor James B. Ullman would pardon the man. There would be no eulogies for Bob, no photographs of his body would be sold in sundries stores, no people would crowd the streets in the rain to see his funeral cortege, no biographies would be written about him, no children named after him, no one would ever pay twenty-five cents to stand in the rooms he grew up in. The shotgun would ignite, and Ella Mae would scream, but Robert Ford would only lay on the floor and look at the ceiling, the light going out of his eyes before he could find the right words
[/quote]

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I know this isn't the origins of this quote, but I love both the delivery and context.

b907cbf629ee4a9a54eb8034ec7e0362.jpg

Honestly, the Kung Fu Panda series is so quotable for me.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
William H. Macy in Boogie Nights.

"My fucking wife has an ass in her cock on the driveway, all right? I'm sorry if my thoughts aren't with the photography of the film we're shooting tomorrow!"

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Look, you are probably going to be a very successful computer person. And you are going to go through life thinking girls don't like you cause you're a nerd. And I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that that won't be true. It will be because you're an asshole.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
All my favorites tend to come from westerns, and mainly ones with Clint Eastwood in them... High Plains Drifter might take the #1 spot though, with "It's what people know about themselves inside that makes em afraid."

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We all have our time machines, don't we? Those that take us back... are memories. And those that carry us forward... are dreams.

SM0KE

Oct 27, 2017
"Ain't Life Grand" - Bonnie and Clyde
"You talking to me?" - Taxi Driver
"I always tell the truth, even when I lie." - Scarface
"Who do I trust? Me, that's who!" - Scarface
"All I got in this world is my word and my balls and I don't break'em for no one." - Scarface
"You know what capitalism is? Getting fucked." - Scarface
"I never fucked anybody over in my life who didn't have it coming to them." - Scarface
"I didn't come to America to break my fucking back." - Scarface
"I want what's coming to me... The world, Chico, and everything in it." - Scarface

"My advice to you, is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto in Animal House

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
He also had a condition that was referred to as "granulated eyelids" and it caused him to blink more than usual as if he found creation slightly more than he could accept.

From the intro of Assassination of Jesse James. It's the delivery that does it.