• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Konami?

• Pro Evolution Soccer

Votes: 18 2.7%
  • Metal Gear

Votes: 293 44.0%
  • Contra

Votes: 9 1.4%
  • Castlevania

Votes: 235 35.3%
  • Frogger

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Dance Dance Revolution

Votes: 22 3.3%
  • Silent Hill

Votes: 85 12.8%

• Total voters

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
I went with Castlevania in the poll, but it's really Suikoden. I wish they brought the old games to modern consoles at least.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Probably Parodius, then Gradius, then Castlevania, then Contra. Your poll options are really lacking.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
Castlevania, and i'm still hoping to see a game like Order of Ecclesia from them in a near future. Dreaming is free.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Silent Hill. I've been there from the very beginning, when I got Metal Gear Solid launch day and it came as a free demo included, scaring the absolute bejesus in the process. Not the most consistent franchise, but it's incredibly dear to my heart.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
No Yu-Gi-Oh! In the poll.

300363128099211.png

Oct 25, 2017
It's PES/ISS, tbh. I'm fine with Contra, okay with Castlevania, never loved Metal Gear at all, not into Silent Hill, but was a huge DDR fan for awhile and think of it fondly.

My love of Konami is mostly because of their licensed stuff in the '90s: TMNT is probably my favorite Konami "franchise," though of course, it's not one really. I just think of it that way, even today, because to me, they did the definitive TMNT games. Tournament Fighters, Turtles in Time/Hyperstone Heist, etc.

Then you have the X-Men arcade game, The Adventures of Batman and Robin SNES, etc. Their licensed game juju was STRONG.

If I'm picking my favorite game based on a Konami original IP, it's Sunset Riders, so yeah...

My favorite Konami original IP games:

1. Sunset Riders
2. DDR 5th Mix
3. PES 18
4. Gradius
5. Konami Pixel Puzzle Collection (I can't express how much I love this game, second-best mobile game ever, trust me on this)

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean I would of said MGS and PES. But the last MGS...well you know and PES hasn't been good since ps2 days.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Castlevania by far. If I were to name a top 50 all-time games, at least Castlevania 1, 3, 4 and Rondo (which is a top 10 title) would be in there (Chronicles too maybe). Then there's the also great but not quite masterpiece games like Bloodlines, SotN, Adventure Rebirth, OoE, AoS that would probably make the top 100-150. Having played literally thousands of games in my time, I'd say that's a lot of games that are very high on the list for one series.

Contra would be second and Metal Gear third.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Though I grew up playing point-and-click adventure games, Silent Hill 2 was the first time where I realised that games are just as much an artform as any other medium, and that it could tell phenomenol stories in ways that books and films never could.

I don't think any series in any medium had as much of an impact in shaping my view on psychological horror as the first 3 Silent Hill games. Absolute perfection, and it's my favourite Konami franchise by a long shot.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear

It's also my favourite franchise ever.

But I really loved classic Silent Hill too.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I voted Metal Gear because you put it on the list but IMO it's not a Konami property. It's a Kojima property and it died the day they fired him.

Oct 29, 2017
Well, out of all of these, I've only played Lords of Shadow 1 (loved) and 2 (liked)

Sooooooo Castlevania I guess? :p

Look! The Pie!

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Suikoden and Silent Hill are two of my favourite series, so I voted for the one that made it into the poll.

monstar

Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear for me, but I'm developing a much bigger appreciation for Castlevania lately

On the subject of Frogger, how the hell was Frogger not in the Arcade Classics Collection? Does Konami not have the full rights to it?

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
On this list, Castlevania

but the other ones I really like aren't on the list (Bomberman, Suikoden, Goemon, Sparkster, Twinbee as well as stuff they inherited like Tengai Makyo).

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Suikoden. But since OP and Konami both seem to have forgotten about that series I voted Silent Hill.