• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I previously made a thread highlighting the ridiculousness of the Kingdom Hearts series. So, now time for a more positive thread. You see for all the crazy levels the series can get to, one thing remains constant, it has an absolutely banger soundtrack thanks to the work of legendary composer Yoko Shimomura. With a score spanning numerous titles that all perfectly capture childlike innocence, the pains of adolescence, and the ethereal realm of our thoughts and dreams it's hard to pick just one absolutely favorite track. Yet, we must try.

What is your perfect KH track? For me it's Xion's Theme, hands down. The piece is just childhood sadness all wrapped up into one tune:

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017
I'll second Xion's theme, but raise you her Data fight theme from KH3 ReMind.

But honestly it is really hard to choose just one theme, the KH series contains amazing songs for all types of moods and atmospheres. You want an awesome battle track, you're covered in like a dozen different styles. You want something with tranquility, there has got to be at least one character theme that'll strike your fancy. Field themes with a peaceful ambience? Every world featured in every game has a unique field theme, just pick one!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Other Promise is a gut punch, beautiful, and brilliant.

Love that it works as a battle theme and as a normal character theme, too.

Swimble_87

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think it's Traverse Town - super nostalgic and very chilled, feels like a tune for a sleepy town and always takes me back to the original release when I hear it

QuadOpto

Nov 7, 2017
The track that plays when a Disney villain battle gets serious.

There's something about the song around the 0:50 second mark that just screamed a sense of heroism as a kid.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
There's only two and I can't really decide between them.

First, there is Hand in Hand, which is what I associate as the primary "Kingdom Hearts battle theme".

And then there is the orchestrated version of Simple & Clean. An extremely powerful song that was used as the theme for the majority of games and it's what I basically think is the main theme of the entire series. It goes so well with the opening to DDD, so I'm just going to post that.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
KH2 is up there with the best gaming OST's of all time. Sadly KH3 isn't even a top 5 in the series.

Favorite piece is definitely Tension Rising as mentioned in this thread and Fate of the Unknown.

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Between Simple and Clean and Traverse Town, I'm not sure there's a tune on this planet I have more intensely nostalgic feelings for. They're almost 20 years old now.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Either the instrumental version of sanctuary or the instrumental version of dont think twice

danielvdell

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Feb 12, 2019
Los Angeles
As a kid, Ithought The 13th Reflection was the coolest battle theme. It's even better in 2.5 HD ReMix:

Otherwise, I think the Toy Box battle theme is the catchiest of all the world battle themes:

And, of course, the Destiny Islands theme is just dripping in nostalgia for me:

Last edited:

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Sanctuary is one of my favorite songs of all time.

But I have to give it to Dearly Beloved (BBS version).

It's tied to a melancholy memory for me and it just fits incredibly well with that song at that time in my life. WHEW.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone already posted most of the GOATs so I'll post the ones Everyone Missed:

These two are the most Balls to the walls hype ass shit in KH3.

Jun 2, 2019
The Kingdom Hearts series has my favourite soundtrack next to the Soulsborne series!

If I had to choose only one track, it would be Darkness of the Unknown. It is one of the best final boss themes ever!

youwei

Jun 3, 2019

4 Hands version with Composer Yoko Shimomura and Pianist Hiroyuki Nakayama

For me . its still "Dearly Beloved" from the 1st Kingdom Hearts on PS2

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of good ones mentioned. I'll throw the Yozora battle in there.

After staying hands off the main game's final boss theme, Shimomura goes HAM for the true final boss.

Also adding Scala Ad Caelum.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The KH3 Data fights have IMO, the best boss themes in the entire series. It can't be underlined enough just how incredible they are:

Meows

Oct 28, 2017

The piano medley of Xion's Theme and Vector to the Heavens is magnificent if you haven't heard it before.