• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your favorite among this random assortment of games?

• Broken Age

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • Shovel Knight

Votes: 86 15.7%
  • Hollow Knight

Votes: 175 31.9%
  • Undertale

Votes: 78 14.2%
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Votes: 87 15.8%
  • Hyper Light Drifter

Votes: 23 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 92 16.8%

• Total voters

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
probably shenmue 3 or pacer. i have a good feeling about little devil inside though.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Either Omori or Undertale but I'm leaning more towards Omori since it's more recent and also a bigger game that I thought would never come out and yet it's here now and it's amazing.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Its a tie between bloodstained and shovel knight. Both of these games delivered for me on day one and every time I turn around theres more shit coming around the corner for it though shovel knight is finally done with king of cards.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hollow Knight and Shovel Knight are great games, but Undertale is an absolute masterpiece.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hollow knight and I never even knew about it when it existed as a Kickstarter.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Such a bittersweet experience.

good:

hollow knight
Shovel knight
Blasphemous
Pillars
Divinity
Pathfinder kingmaker and wrath of the righteous

bad:

bloodstained
Phoenix project
Little witch
Tiny machines
Mighty number 9

score01

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I enjoyed Hollow Knight I have to give the nod to Bloodstained. It's was the SotN experience I was looking for.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
I'd say Crosscode but honestly i have never be transcended by a kickstarter game.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Looking at games I've actually backed, most of them either have failed or have taken so long that by the time they came out, I had lost interest. I still have hope for Sea of Stars & Kingdoms of the Dump. Oh and if Heart Forth, Alicia ever comes out, it should be good (it's years past its initial estimated release date but the developer does give regular updates).

Part of the reason for my track record could be that I tend to focus on the smaller indie titles. The Kickstarters that raise far past their goals, I assume don't need my help and I figure I can just buy them when they come out if they turn out well.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2. If Eiyuden Chronicle scratches that old Suikoden itch it might be up there as well. Wasteland 2 deserves a mention, I am not sure if I backed the Divinity games or not.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Yooka Laylee, great game in underserved genre and precisely what they promised in advance. Also there was the option to upgrade to physical, which was very nice.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
For me personally it's Bloodstained, loved it. Shovel Knight is close second though, such a charming game.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Shovel Knight or Bloodstained for me. SK has an absurd amount of content and was pretty much 100% what was promised, and Bloodstained is the only game as of late that actually scratched that Metroidvania itch for me (I didn't enjoy Hollow Knight at all)

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Pathologic 2, Divinity Original Sin II, and Kingdom Come Deliverance all made my games of the decade list. Three absolutely brilliant RPGs.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Bloodstained.

I will remark, however, that all of the ones in the poll left me with good overall impression and despite a few high-profile Kickstart flubs, I do think that it's resulted in more good than bad as far as videogames are concerned.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Undertale, easily.

However, I'll throw Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero some love as well.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Blasphemous was kickstarted wasn't it?

Definitely Blasphemous. I love Hollow Knight too, so maybe that.

But I want to shout out Blasphemous because it fucking rules.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Hollow Knight for me followed closely by Divinity Original Sin. The backers who got immortalized in Hollow Knight forever are so lucky.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It's really difficult for me to choose between Hollow Knight and Undertale. Cross Code is also amazing and though I don't think it was kickstarted, it was crowdfunded on indiegogo and doesn't get nearly the amount of love it should imo.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Too many to mention. Shadowrun Dragonfall, Shadowrun Hong Kong, FTL, Broken Age, Pillars of Eternity, Pillars of Eternity 2, Battletech, Wasteland 3 (arguable), Dreamfall, Undertale, Bloodstained, Hollow Knight

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Undertale is a cool game, some funny dialogues but I didn't really cared after I finished, Shovel Knight is really good, and Treasure Trove Edition is a great package , but Hollow Knight is a masterpiece, so was a no contest for me, Divinity Original Sin 2 is actually a contender.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I don't know- they all had fuckery to them:

Mighty No 9- took forever, debacle over rewards not being fulfilled. Shoddy game.

Yooka Laylee- to be fair- the kickstarter campaign was fine, and the game was timely. Just a very middling end product.

Friday the 13th- the game- again, here the campaign itself was fine, game release was timely, and I enjoyed it for what it was, while I could- but alas the game got all future support yanked like a year later due to the problems in litigation over the Ft13 license, so it all feels like a waste, and if the license was in question, the project quite frankly shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Bloodstained- took forever to release, and wound up with a shoddy Switch port I truly thought would have more parity with other versions, instead of being a shitshow compared to other versions. Especially heinous since the sold more on Switch than anywhere else.

Shenmue 3- long campaign, game wasn't great, even to early 2000's Shemnue standards, after all this time, that's really the best they could do? Oh- and the whole Epic games debacle made me feel dirty supporting them.

Wonderful 101- kickstarter delivered the game, AFTER launch. fail. Don't. Do. This. Stop screwing backers.

So after all this (which all came about early in the ps4 gen), the only thing I've pledged for in years is Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - I have high hopes- they seem to have learned the lessons from what came before- but I'm not holding my breath- that said, as much as I wanted to support the shit out of this project, I only chipped in for a digital copy this time. Didn't opt for physical (and possible late shipping or people getting the game before me at a cheaper price, and a better looking physical package), and certainly not for any add-on swag, which almost always arrives well past the point anyone even cares about the game anymore. I'll just take a digital code, which should be easy to forward over whenever it launches. (and they physically promised in this campaign that the backers would get this first.- so if they break that, they got problems)

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Hollow Knight by far, one of my favorite games of all time.

Hyper Light Drifter is really good, Shovel Knight I only really liked the Specter campaign.

I refunded Undertale after a hour or so since I didn't like gameplay. Never bought Bloodstained because it probably has the worst art direction I've seen in a game, it's like they pulled assets from a bunch of different games and put it all together.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I voted Hollow Knight and it's obviously that one overall.

But I still want to give a shout-out to werezompire's Cosmic Star Heroine because that game was also fantastic and I was proud to be a backer. <3

Other great ones I've played have been CrossCode (backed), Bloodstained (backed) and Blasphemous.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
FTL, I played like 200 hundred hours of that over a couple of years. Darkest Dungeon at #2.

Funny, the only kickstarter I actually kickstarted was Pillars of Eternity and I never got around to playing more than an hour or so of it.

Nov 13, 2017
Bloodstained. It's still getting updated with new features. Classic Mode just came out last month.

Yooka Laylee, I didn't back, but I played it well after the patches and loved it.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
La-Mulana 2, FTL, and Undertale. They're three of my favorite video games, period. Oh, and Hollow Knight too.

Omori also turned out better than expected.

Whowasphone

Sep 21, 2019
Darkest_Dungeon_Logo.png
Came for this. Truly the greatest kickstarter game without equal

MachRc

Oct 6, 2020

The best Kick starter game I have played recently is Everspace 2.

almost truly feels like I am back on the tiger's claw hunting kilrathi

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
For me, Bloodstained, not only did I get a game I loved with Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (and a nice Signed Collector's Edition), but we also got both Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, and later Curse of the Moon 2, which were both amazing.

Definitely a franchise I can't wait for more from.

Berserkr

Jul 14, 2020
19ch75aw92z2rgif.gif

The Banner Saga 1, 2 and 3. I think these games are wonderful. The story is awesome, the art direction inspired by Eyewind Earle is incredible. The music is gorgeous and I was captivated by the strategic combat. Excellent series.