• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Your favorite?

• Ace Ventura:Pet Detective

Votes: 77 11.7%
  • The Mask

Votes: 48 7.3%
  • Dumb and Dumber

Votes: 163 24.7%
  • Liar Liar

Votes: 48 7.3%
  • Bruce Almighty

Votes: 13 2.0%
  • The Truman Show

Votes: 208 31.5%
  • Other

Votes: 103 15.6%

• Total voters

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Eternal Sunshine for suuuuure.

Also, A Series of Unfortunate Events Carrey is underrated.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
How can it not be Liar Liar?

edit: or Bruce Almighty.

Damnit, I don't know. I guess Bruce Almighty takes the edge because of the insufferable kid in Liar Liar.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Of the choices listed;

Dumb & Dumber > Truman Show > Liar Liar > Bruce Almighty.

Eternal Sunshine isn't listed and I'd slot that between Dumb & Dumber and Truman Show. I'm also happy to see basically nobody voting for Ace Ventura. Holy shit that movie has aged terribly and has some really offensive shit in it. Dumb & Dumber is at the top for me because of a little bit of nostalgia and because the movie has a pretty decent claim to being one of the best comedy movies ever made.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
The Majestic.

Rarely funny, this serious drama has one of the best feel good testimonies to Congress ever.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
While he's technically better in the dramatic stuff and those are better movies, I'm way less inclined to watch those movies again than the comedy ones.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Based on amount of times I've seen it Liar Liar. I personally like Truman Show more.

The not a poll option of Cable Guy is my #1

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How can it not be Liar Liar?

edit: or Bruce Almighty.

Damnit, I don't know. I guess Bruce Almighty takes the edge because of the insufferable kid in Liar Liar.
Liar Liar was the beginning of the end for Jim Carrey when he started pursuing family friendly comedy. Bruce Almighty was just... The end.

Ixzion

Nov 7, 2017
The Truman Show is amazing, but my heart belongs to The Mask. Metaphorically speaking.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Truman Show is one of my favorite movies of all-time. The ending is perfect.

giphy.gif

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I'm shocked that Eternal Sunshine isn't winning (since most people tend to say that's their favorite Jim Carrey film) but very pleased to see Truman Show on top.

**Edit just noticed that OP intentionally left it out. Victory feels dishonest now. Why does every poll on this website leave out an essential pick?
Reminds me of that shitty "WHAT BIG SEPTEMBER VIDEO GAME RELEASES ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO" poll where the person made a point to not include any Nintendo Switch releases, even Zelda (which turned out to be one of the most common replies in the comments), but included a few obscure picks.

Be honest OP, you left out Eternal Sunshine because you knew it would win.

Apr 21, 2018
Ace Ventura always gets me. I've seen it over a dozen times and I still laugh and pick up some nuance I hadn't noticed before.

I didn't even get the Crying Game reference until I was in my mid-late 20s.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Its weird, I used to love Jim Carrey as a kid, but now I find him obnoxious and insuffereble.

OP
OP
ClickyCal'

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked that Eternal Sunshine isn't winning (since most people tend to say that's their favorite Jim Carrey film) but very pleased to see Truman Show on top.

**Edit just noticed that OP intentionally left it out. Victory feels dishonest now. Why does every poll on this website leave out an essential pick?
Reminds me of that shitty "WHAT BIG SEPTEMBER VIDEO GAME RELEASES ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO" poll where the person made a point to not include any Nintendo Switch releases, even Zelda (which turned out to be one of the most common replies in the comments), but included a few obscure picks.

Be honest OP, you left out Eternal Sunshine because you knew it would win.
I left it out because it would win and it's more along the lines of like Reign over me or punch drunk love for adam sandler.