• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
00 has my favorite designs. Of those, I think I like Kyrios the most
OIP.gu1xxq5gRpaq8SdQmFi8ewHaJz

The Trinity siblings had really cool Gundams as well
R.f94ce2fe328b425cc1542d343b435eee

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
EW Sandrock and Master.
I also really like Wing Gundam Zero and both the orange and blue Heavy Arms.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Strike Gundam from Seed. None of the traditional ugly parts like huge feet, pointless wings or cannons out of the wazoo.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
I have experienced basically ZERO Gundam media (I promise I'll correct the mistake someday), but a couple of years ago I fell into a Gunpla rabbit hole and purchased a MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame model kit on a whim, because of how rad it looked.

Like, c'mon, it's a giant robot with a giant katana and a giant scabbard to accompany it, call me shallow, but isn't that just the coolest?

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
For actual Gundam (aka Sazabi not allowed) then I would go Hi-Nu. New RG kit looks so good. Other than that I like big ones.
rg-hi-nu-gundam%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Wonder how long before we see HWS option parts for the RG
Hiv_HWS_front.jpg

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
I only got into Gundam with Gundam Wing (filthy casual), and my favorites from that were always Epyon and Deathsythe Hell. They also had my two favorite pilots from that series, so that helped. I like the rest of the Gundam designs from that series too.

Other Gundam series always looked so bland to me, but every time a thread like this pops up, I'm always like "Whoa! I need to check out more Gundam." Some of these designs are great.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's actually Nu Gundam and Wing Zero EW but I'm gonna give Barbatos Lupus Rex some love.

10667983a6_1024x1024.jpg

latest

Literally a beast.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
I can't decide between the Turn A or the G-Self, their designs are so different from what we usually see even if the language is all there.

I'm still waiting for a G-Self master grade.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My first exposure to the series was Sentinel designs and S/Ex-S/FAZZ remain my favorites. Chonky is good. The original art (that I can't find ugh) was more stylized and slender though.

bans58880_0.png

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
latest

The GN-002 Dynames has some of my favourite Aesthetics in Gundam, with its angular green parts, large shield wings and its main weapon being basically being a Barrett Sniper Rifle, plus dual pistol.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
most of my favorites have been posted so I'll throw this in:
fuunsaiki.jpg

A literal Horse Gundam.
Fuunsaiki Gundam from G Gundam.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
<--

The Unicorn Mode design is so clean, and transforming into Destroy Mode is some hype shit.

I also really like the Doven Wolf/Silver Bullet and Barbatos Lupus Rex. If I can pick non-Gundam mobile suits, I'd also like to add the Stark Jegan and the Delta Plus.

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
Probably in the minority, but I find the Unicorn design really dull. Banshee with the gold trim and claw has so much more swag.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Damn that's pretty fuckin' slick. IBO seems like it has some interesting designs.
It even makes some bestial noises at some point and the pilot, in contrast to your average Gundam protagonist, has no qualms about brutally murdering anyone he gets pointed at and told to kill.

Also there are no beams involved, Barbatos fight with crude physical, melee weapons. Metal on metal.

Like stomping cockpits into mush and shit. I had my issues with IBO, but the zero amount of fucks given by the protagonist was and willa lways be a refreshing change of pace.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Despite my avatar, I can't stand the EW Deathscythe people keep posting. It's just too cartoony and impractical compared to tv Hell.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
I know very little about gundam, but some of these gundams aren't actually on any anime or manga but just made solely as models?

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
s-l640.jpg

Always been a real big fan of the RX-79 G type from 08th MS Team. Really nice remix of the original RX-78-2 that's a little chunkier. I especially enjoy the backpack and the shield configuration.

Also really enjoy the MS-073-B Gouf Custom, which also happens to be in 08th MS Team.

71+tCMTKh+L._AC_SY679_.jpg

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta shout-out the Gundam Double X, which has such a striking silhouette both in and out of its Twin Satellite Cannon firing mode:

71aIE2W8aKL._AC_SL1203_.jpg

71fkZulddXL._AC_SL1249_.jpg

Love its unique beam saber too, the enormous, almost ragged blade makes it stand out from the swords that came before and after it.
LargeBeamSword1.jpg

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
I don't think I could pick just one. Here's a few of my recent favourites:

Second Victory - Lean, mean, and packing some serious firepower.

Second-Victory.webp

RX-78-01 [N] Local Type - A really neat twist on the grandaddy design. Love the more utilitarian design and colours as well as the visor covering the eyes.

gundamlgt.jpg
I tend to dislike hero units in real robot shows, because I think the distinguishing features of these units make them overdesigned and tacky looking compared to the grunt units. This is more pronounced in Gundam than Macross because of the original aesthetic of the gundam. So I am glad that some of the favorite designs posted in this thread are more subdued looking.

As for me, the G-Arcane is probably my favorite design because it looks relatively simple.
Garcane.png