• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
We all know and love *that* evo moment, but, the fgc is full of hype matches and moments. Wich one is you favorite?
I have to go with GO1 going ultra instinct against Leffen:

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Imagine a "washed up" vet taking on an evo favourite, in an awful grapple Vs zoner matchup with one of the worst characters in the game. And he fucking kills it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gamerbee vs [REDACTED] in the Street Fighter IV loser's finals at Evo 2015 was mine for a long time, but yeah...

So here's another great Evo 2015 moment. Still gets a laugh out of me

Have to add a match: headphone warning, but goddamn Hokuto no Ken rules

Last edited:

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019

As far as I'm concerned this was peak Blazblue in terms of the FGC. The whole EVO was super emotional but this whole Grand Finals was the stuff of legends. Both players at eachothers throats, the emotions at an all time high as Galileo claws his way back up. Prime stuff.

threi

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Daigo vs Valle SF4 Ryu mirror:

Just pure street fighter on display...i miss it.

Sucks that we will never get this again from future Capcom fighting games.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Daigo vs Valle SF4 Ryu mirror:

Just pure street fighter on display...i miss it.

Sucks that we will never get this again from future Capcom fighting games.

The SF4 era was amazing. Just starting off on Justin.tv with seb and FADC. The Empire Arcadia weeklies. Then Spooky took over on for the EC scene. The tournies, Japanese players starting to come over consistently - a game most people liked and didn't consider too flowcharty - the commentary and kind of "beginning" of the esporsification of things - the actual hype grudges and rivalries. Shit I was going to Chinatown Fair just to fuck around with some of the top players before many moved to Cali.

Was such a fun and amazing time. SF5 hasn't felt this way to me really from the mid-end life of the game. Something's just off. A lot of the more unique players don't think they can "express" themselves. I enjoy SF5 a lot, but I hope the next game has a little more creativity.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

This isn't the full set, but when I think of MvC3, I will always, always think of KBR giving FChamp the smackdown in Grand Finals given that there was an exhibition the night before and FChamp was on his peak obnoxious shit

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
That I saw live?

Clockw0rk vs Neo - Marvel vs Capcom 2 FT15 money match to send the game off before Marvel 3 dropped.

The level of play on display was unbelievable. Clockw0rk with the GOAT Strider.

edit: Just saw CW's comeback with DOOM in Game 2 again holy fuck

Last edited:

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
How INSANE are the damage in GG Xrd lol that felt like there are no damage reduction over combo lenght. Its so brutal
Millia has the 2nd lowest health in the game and combo done on her started from a coutner hit HS (Heavy Slash) so there was extra damage, less scaling AND extra stun to boot.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
Imagine a "washed up" vet taking on an evo favourite, in an awful grapple Vs zoner matchup with one of the worst characters in the game. And he fucking kills it.

OMG yes!! I came to post this . When he dashed forward and sat for a sec then caught the jump back with the ultra was amazing ..I remember thinking he set this entire match up before hand and Bon Chan played right into it . I don't think I've seen anything that has gotten me this hype from 5 yet..

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
filipino-champ-vs-kaneblueriver.jpg

r61628_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
PR Balrog making a comeback with Tron Bonne against Viscant's Dark Phoenix in the grand finals, is the one that comes to mind.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Still this:

Then pretty much all of EVO 2012 where Infiltration threw out demons left and right.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Does this count?
Edit: Nevermind, apparently guy is horrible. Redacted.

Last edited:

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017

Fell out of fighting games for a while, and this brought me back. The way they talk about peaks and distant presences, and knowing how things will end but still wanting to find out just how large the gap is, it's what the whole "being stronger" thing is all about.