• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I'm just tryna find out how many of these there are

No Pixar films

Your choice can not be based on an form of pre-existing material. That includes a folktale, fairy tale, book, legend, mythological figure, etc.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
I think Lilo and Stitch and Zootopia aren't based on pre-existing material, so I'm going with them.

Edit: I was gonna say Meet the Robinsons too but apparently it's based on a 90's book.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
51fh1jVZycL.jpg

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I assume more of the live-action movies they've done will tend to meet the requirement.

Anjin M

Oct 27, 2017
The Inland Empire
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
From Wikipedia:
Bedknobs and Broomsticks is a 1971 musical fantasy film directed by Robert Stevenson and produced by Bill Walsh for Walt Disney Productions. It is based upon the books The Magic Bedknob; or, How to Become a Witch in Ten Easy Lessons (1943) and Bonfires and Broomsticks (1947) by English children's author Mary Norton.

Oct 25, 2017
Toy Story
&
latest

god I still remember the shock in the theater at
latest

Though does Davy Jones throw it out on a technicality?

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I was going to say the Great Mouse Detective.

That was based on a novel series.

Then I was going to say 101 Dalmatians, novel again.

The Rescuers it is then.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

This is a good pick.

I was going to say the Great Mouse Detective.

That was based on a novel series.

Then I was going to say 101 Dalmatians, novel again.

The Rescuers it is then.

The Rescuers is based on a book series.

Funfact: Back in the '70s the big popular movies and auteur new wave stuff was often mocked and concern trolled by people who lamented that all these big movies were based on books, and aren't there any original ideas in Hollywood anymore clearly this is the end of cinema and movies will just be retold versions of books for the illiterate from now on. Dumb movie industry hot takes go back a long way.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna say Atlantis but it is based off a legend, so I'll go with Treasure Planet

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Are people seriously saying The Lion King when everyone knows it's just Hamlet with lions? Hell, the sequels are also based Shakespeare plays

Me personally Zootopia, also have a soft spot for Bolt.