• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
Modern warfare 2019 has SOMETHING i cant describe.
Also the best feeling guns imo.

100% agreed. I usually roll my eyes whenever I see the newest (well I guess not newest at this point, but whatever) game in a series listed as "the best", but as someone who has actually played CoD since the first one on PC, MW 2019 is just so damn good; I've put more time into it than any other game in the last 5-6 years. The single and Multi-Player are already great, but throw in Warzone and that spells disaster for you at S...I mean that makes the best CoD.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Infinite Warfare.

Very biased answer since I don't like FPS very much in general, and only play the campaign. But I really love this game thanks to the space setting, it feels like a Mass Effect lite in a way. I enjoy being able to choose your missions from a space map, having your own ship, setting up your gear before each mission... I really wish it had a sequel because I wanted more.

Only played the original Modern Warfare apart from that, and I've been considering trying Advanced Warfare.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
i would say MW19, even with all its problems. always thought the cod games were rather bad mechanically and MW19 was a step in the right direction

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Original or United Offensive on PC, before all the xp and unlocks and whatnot that came with 4. Rifles only on harbor or railyard was the shit.
Exactly this. Peaked with 1 and 2. Weapons were so satisfying to use and there weren't scorestreaks everywhere to ruin it. COD4 was the beginning of the end in my eyes. Still played a lot of them since but MW2019 for example has truly atrocious multiplayer outside of the some of the single life modes and warzone.

Ceileachair

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely COD 2 for me, there just something about it that clicks. Playing the Russian front, British front and the US front was great. The last call of duty I played was COD 4, but sitting in Iraq on your second tour playing a video game the involves what you do in real life it kinda looses its appeal.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Online: Black ops 1.I was lukewarm on the game when I first played it because it was so toned down compared to the over the top that was MW 2. The more I played it the more I loved it. Beside the overpowered FAMAS and the wonky hit detection the game was great. I loved the maps, weapons and kill streaks. I plated that game for an insane amount of hours.

Campaign: MW. The single player sucked me in and was not like anything I ever really played. It was short but sweet.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Black Ops: Cold War. It has the multiplayer mode I enjoy playing most. I have always preferred Black Ops MP over other COD games because it is faster.

I am not a big fan of any of the COD campaigns. Killing waves of enemies ruins most of the missions. The various COD developers should rethink how campaign missions play.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I don't really have a favourite. I tend to dabble in COD during the winter months. I find it great for that. I never spend more than a few weeks on any single title. But I find they scratch a certain itch really well.

I think the current Season One will be my favourite iteration for a while. Cross play and cross progression between the three titles and three platforms (or 5 if you include current/last gen of black ops cold war) means that I can play this series on anything now. It's great.

On saturday morning I played cold war on my ps4, then later in the evening I played it on my pc. Then on Sunday morning I played a bit on my PS5.

I like being able to switch between cold war, warzone, and mw 2019. There is always something to do.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not enough people played Advanced Warfare to appreciate it. It hit right as everyone decided they hate future jet pack stuff but just that little bit of extra movement added so much to the series. such a waste that it was tossed aside for a ww2 game.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually really enjoying Cold War, the campaign was pretty great and the MP is good so far. Fast, boots on the ground, good maps, decent ttk and balance. I wish the guns felt a bit better, but that's the only knock I have against it.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Black Ops 1. That was the best damn package. The maps were super memorable, the story mode was great, zombies wasn't a convoluted puzzle yet.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Probably COD 4. Maybe it's due to being younger and having the time to play many many hours back in the day, but that game was amazing and of course kicked off the COD storm we have nowadays.

Peanut

Oct 27, 2017
Rhode Island
Call of Duty 2 by a country mile.

I like modern COD a lot and buy them every year but there's something super special about COD2 that they've moved away from.
Seconded.

Maybe it's my nostalgia talking but I just can't play the modern games for long stretches like I did with CoD2. The simple heads-up multiplayer with no kill streaks or weapon attachments or perks made the matches feel more even with a focus on skill instead of camping.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
The first game on PC (Call of Duty). A very impressive id Tech 3 game at the time. I was very much into Day of Defeat at the time and the campaign was a nice companion to the multiplayer of DoD.

May 29, 2018
For me it was World at War. I remember that Christmas my dad bought me the Wi-Fi adapter for my 360 (that shit was $100) and I was finally able to play online with my friends. We played so much zombies. Never really liked zombies after that

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
510HRPYE3BL.jpg

Fantastic campaign at the time. And the MP laid the foundation for the killstreak system. Which ironically was a scorestreak system, which wouldn't be re-introduced much later by Treyarch. Always funny to see people praising Treyarch for introducing scorestreaks in 2012 when Gray Matter did it in 2004 for CoD.

The funny thing is that Gray Matter was merged into Treyarch, so technically they might have reintroduced it themselves

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Modern Warfare 2 edges out the rest for me because I spent a ridiculous amount of time on Spec Ops in addition to it's other offerings

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
CoD4 made the largest impact for me, personally. Both the campaign and multiplayer were nuts at the time.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
It's probably always going to be Black Ops 1 for me. Fun campaign, multiplayer was pretty well balanced and so many great maps, and Kino der Totem remains one of the best zombies experiences. The total package.

OP
OP
SRTtoZ

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Modern warfare 2019 has SOMETHING i cant describe.
Also the best feeling guns imo.

100% agreed. I usually roll my eyes whenever I see the newest (well I guess not newest at this point, but whatever) game in a series listed as "the best", but as someone who has actually played CoD since the first one on PC, MW 2019 is just so damn good; I've put more time into it than any other game in the last 5-6 years. The single and Multi-Player are already great, but throw in Warzone and that spells disaster for you at S...I mean that makes the best CoD.

I just picked it up at Best Buy since I had $40 in rewards certificates. Still sort of sucks that it was full price but whatever I'll beat the campaign and then trade it in. I just finished Modern Warfare Remastered and had a blast. I forgot how good these games run and control (on PS5). Does the reboot have anything to do with the Remasters 1 and 2? Is it even a reboot?

For campaign, probably Infinite.

Ghosts is worth playing on Recruit to go "holy living christ" at the story. I'm not joking. It is a riot. Total trash.

See if I could find it for $10 I would play it, same with Advanced Warfare but I'm not paying more than $10 for those campaigns. Ghosts is $40 on Amazon and $60 on PSN. Like really?

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'll give you my full rundown of playing CoD. I played CoD 2 for about 45 mins. I played CoD 3 all the way through. I played CoD 4 all the way through. I played CoD World at War for about 45 mins. I played CoD 4 2 (Modern Warfare 2) all the way through. That is all my CoD playing. I guess I would say my favourite is CoD 4 Modern Warfare. Single player campaign only for me. I am not huge on shooters and didn't muster up the enthusiasm for any more CoD after Modern Warfare 2.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the one with zombies origin / excavation. had all the old maps too. best game. who cares about regular single or multiplayer

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
For single player, the last two (MW19 and CW) are really, really good compared to previous entries.
BLOPS3 is shit. I finished it 3 times anyway, since it's the latest to have COOP campaign, if that's important to you.
Infinite Warfare did something different in single player, so maybe check that out.

For multi, my thing is to switch between them a lot. I used to think BLOPS3 was the best, then I spent way more time in IW, then WW2, BLOPS4, I played them all.
Probably WW2 the most, I just love how simple it is. Like a boomer shooter almost, compared to the rest of CODs.

I absolutely *hate* the progression system in MW2019/CW, however. Having content time restricted is just shit. I don't ever intend on unlocking everything in a single COD lifespan (1 year), and these games can just suck it because of this.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
The MW series & Infinite Warfare for campaign.

Unpopular opinion but WWII and MW (2019) were my fav multiplayers from the last gen Cods, BO3 was nice too.

MW2 is the best in general though!

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Overall my favourite SP campaign was CoD4 and my favourite MP was MW2.

Just thinking about last gen, I'd say that MW2019 was the best SP, while BO3 was my favourite MP.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Campaign: probably MW1 or MW2.

Multiplayer: I think MW 2019/Warzone, it's so good.

I stopped playing years ago after BO2 but the 2019 MW got me back in. Also Cold War is trash so I'll just skip all the Treyarch games going forward.

Last edited: