• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your favorite Battle Royale game?

• Fortnite

Votes: 40 11.1%
  • Apex Legends

Votes: 127 35.4%
  • PUBG

Votes: 75 20.9%
  • COD: Blackout

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • I don't play BR games

Votes: 101 28.1%

• Total voters
Oct 31, 2017
Still PUBG by a landslide, despise all its shortcomings.

But I hold no loyalty to it, I'd be glad to replace it for a better game if one actually came.

None.
Battle Royale genre is a passing fad just like MOBA before of it.
I know that it's less funny if you explain it, but now I'm just genuinely curious to know if this was supposed to be sarcasm or it's unintentional comedy.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately it's still PUBG, even though I quit over a year ago. I really like BR games, but PUBG's dev team is just so bad that the game will never improve. I'd like to see a similarly paced game made by a different team.
Pubg has really come a long way since release. The game runs at about 1.7x the framerates it used to for me, and has way fewer bugs.

I still enjoy it's more naturalistic design and gameplay. If you've been away for awhile, it's worth a look. Their monetization is one of the worst in the business though.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What little BR I play, Apex just feels much more fun. Mobility, combat, team play etc. Would still love to see a AAA War Z BR appear. Mixing in zombies is great fun.

Interested to see if new CoD throws in a BR mode, since the gunplay in that could be fun.

Also, would kill for Gears 5 to push a BR mode as well.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
PUBG, played that the most and it's the one my friends wanted to play as well.

Apex is cool too but didn't really play that much of it because my friends didn't like it.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
I only played PUBG and already burned out on the "genre"

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Still Fortnite. I enjoy Apex and PUBG, but they feel too serious. I just enjoy dropping in Team Rumble and doing my challenges or goofing off with friends.
That being said, I need to stop playing. I've been in since season three and we're coming up on eleven soon. I sink way too much time into the Battle Pass nonsense.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing has come close to topping the tension PUBG delivered in its early days.

Fortnite is great - the cosmetics are a joy to behold and Apex is certainly super fun with super tight gameplay but neither of them hit the highs (or lows) of PUBG.

So PUBG for me.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
The only one I ever fell in love with and was able to spend a significant amount of time with was PUBG. So, that. Although I've not played BR in quite some time.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
I don't play BR's any more. But Blackout is a fantastic BR, probably the best of the bunch, that no one plays because there are successful free alternatives.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Blackout

It's kind of been ruined with loot box pay2win bullshit though.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Apex but I'm struggling with the new map. It's hype but a bit frustrating. I'm waiting for Modern Warfare take on the genre, Blackout was cool but a bit dry.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Apex. Would play it more if it wasn't so hard to get running at higher frame rates.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It would probably be Apex if they had cross play and had a version on Switch. I have no one to play with so it makes it kinda boring.

It's Fortnite even though I'm not really a fan of the building aspect because everyone's so far ahead of me, but it's still fun. I can play with friends/family on any device and I got the Battle Pass for free from the Valentines event, so I can always get future battle passes for free as long as I keep my v-bucks above 950.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
I dropped PUBG after playing it solid, until Apex Legends released. I haven't played it since, even to check out the new maps - that's partly to do with me getting XGP.

I'm finally getting decent at Apex now, though it took me a lot longer than PUBG for some reason. I guess because I'd learned how to play PUBG on PC.

For me, Apex is my favourite because of the traversal and supers, plus it shares a universe with the greatest FPS of all time, Titanfall 2.