• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one?

• 64/gamecube

Votes: 46 46.0%
  • Wild Word

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • City Folk

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • New Leaf

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Happy Home Designer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Horizons

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
New horizons is just too catchy. The original is really good too. All the other games are just variations on the wild world theme, which is fine, but I think too melancholy.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Recency bias aside, I think New Horizon's main theme is way catchier than the others. It's so good.

Wild World/City Folk and New Leaf themes are great too.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Gamecube / 64

All day, every day. I wish we could get that theme worked into the new game somewhere, even as DLC, I'd buy it.

edit: oh wow, I forgot the Wild World theme! that nostalgia

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Went with 64's/GameCube's theme.

As much as I'm enjoying New Horizons, it probably has my least favorite theme of the main series games.

Or maybe City Folk does, since it basically just stole Wild World's lol

Mar 12, 2018
og animal crossing still has the best theme and music in general by far

new horizons' music is probably second place for me now though

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
It's really damn funny how Animal Crossing is one of my top 3 videogame franchises ever and I could not give a single shit about anything City Folk-related.

The Wild World theme is my favorite, but the N64/GC theme makes me want to cry in nostalgia.

Last edited:

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I got into Animal Crossing with Wild World but there's just something about the GameCube intro that gets me every time. New Horizons, most of the others, they're fine, but that original theme, it's just simultaneously such a bop and yet also relaxing.

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
Gamecube. New Horizons and New leaf's soundtracks are too samey. I liked how weird GCN's was.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Trying to get me to choose which theme is my favorite between the first, New Leaf, and New Horizons is illegal and I'm reporting you to the police. Booker, get 'em.

Honestly though the original is absolutely my favorite.

danielvdell

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Feb 12, 2019
Los Angeles
Nothing beats the GameCube's. Wild World/City Folk's comes in second for me, probably followed by New Leaf's, then New Horizons', and then Happy Home Designer's. I can't stand Pocket Camp's—I find it so grating for some reason.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
HHD starts out really strong but then meanders too much. Pocket Camp and New Leaf are really weak. Despite being my least-favorite AC, I think City Folk has the best theme.

And lol at amiibo Festival still getting snubbed as an AC game.

Last edited:

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wild World's main theme is straight up OP. Even Gamecube, which was my introduction to the series, doesn't beat it out.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I voted New Leaf because it was my first AC game and I remember that theme very well but when I heard the Wild World theme, what are these nostalgic emotions for a game I never played... wow it's amazing o.o