• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Favorite: GOOD turkey, if the turkey isn't good, then Pumpkin Pie

Least Favorite: Green Bean Casserole. Why you gotta fuck up perfectly good green beans

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

a71fb202917be1d8bcf77cadad7df318.jpg

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Most Favorite: Tie between the dressing, mac n cheese, and potato salad..........and the ham...... and the greens......... Oh dear.

Least Favorite: Turkey. Fuck it.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Stuffing is the best part. Cranberries are probably the worst. I loved them as a kid, ate them a ton, ate so much I got sick and now I hate them.

Jun 14, 2019
I literally learned this a few weeks ago. I saw a video about Thanksgiving dressing and was like "why the fuck does there need to be a specific Thanksgiving salad dressing". Stuffing is stuffing, stuffed or not!
why do y'all still call it stuffing when it isn't getting stuffed in the bird.

it's dressing.

It's very regional. Those of us in the south more often than not call it dressing. Those in other regions usually call it stuffing. It is what it is.

Whatever you call it, if you want to live, don't stuff it.

Incidentally, dressing/stuffing would be my favorite.

Fill my plate with dressing, potatoes, gravy, green beans (fuck a damn casserole), and a good protein (ham or turkey, but probably going to need gravy over that, as well), and I'm good.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Best: cranberry sauce, turkey dark meat, stuffing

Worst: sweet potato casserole. Sweet potatoes are already sweet. You don't need to put marshmallows on them.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Faves: stuffing and mashed potatoes

Nopes: cranberry gelatin blob and pumpkin pie

Unknown: pecan pie, since I have a pecan allergy

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
sweet potatoes are an amazing, perfect food

the weird marshmallow thing people do to sweet potatoes? that's a crime

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
There's a local place here in Atlanta (Southern Baked Pie Company) that makes an AMAZING caramel pecan pie:

2_1024x1024.png

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Best = Pecan Pie
Worst = Squash

Also, I feel bad for all the people on Resetera that have never had good turkey. If done right, Turkey is amazing.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Favorite: Mashed potatoes and stuffing mixed together and shoved into my word hole.

Least favorite: Cranberry sauce. Shit's nasty.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I've come to enjoy all the offerings of Thanksgiving...if anything is made by my family. Any other attempts from strangers will not be tolerated. I'll eat the dry ass turkey and tasteless mac and cheese to be nice, but I hate doing it.

I didn't care for dressing when I was younger, but my grandmother makes a kind with spicy cornbread mix that I really enjoy now.

Candies yams are good when I'm in the mood for them, but I usually don't pile it in my plate.

The only thing I've seen that I truly don't enjoy is Pecan Pie. Give me Pumpkin any say of the week.

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
I like a tender juicy turkey leg. Dark meat FTW. (Kind of rare in the thread I have noticed)
I dislike sweet potatoes. Marshmallow it up all you want, it don't work and it's not taking up my valuable plate space. (Almost everyone hates this food, how is it so popular?)

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Stuffing is the GOAT.

Sweet potatoes are probably the weak link but they can be okay.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
You know why they called it stuffing?

CAUSE I CAN'T STOP STUFFING MY MOUTH!

It's the best.

Sweet potatoes is a close second. Y'all heathens if you don't like them. Sweet potatoes casserole with walnuts on top, delicious.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Too hard to pick a favourite, but I've come to realize that the thing I could live without is mashed potatoes. Every other "dish" that's part of my usual thanksgiving dinner is so flavourful, and many of them are also super starchy and filling. Potatoes are super flavourless by comparison, and really only serve as a bed for gravy (which I also put on other dishes). Really it just fills you up more than you need to be.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
best • cranberry sauce from a can

worst • cranberry sauce made fresh

canned-cranberry-sauce.jpg

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Best would definitely have to be well made stuffing.

Worst would be poorly made stuffing. Although anytime a turkey comes out dry it is a very sad experience.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do turkey sandwiches count? As much as I love Thanksgiving, the best part of Thanksgiving is the turkey sandwiches you make the day after the meal.
Otherwise, it's probably mashed potatoes and gravy as the best.

Worst is this dish my mom used to make of yams and apples in some kind of syrup. Freaking gross.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Turkey and gravy no doubt. It's too underutilized in regular cuisine.

A good mash is second though.

And I hate any sort of casserole.

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
Favorites: dressing, pecan pie

Least favorite: I dunno, I guess sweet potatoes? Be it a casserole or pie. Don't loathe it, just don't care for it. Especially the pie when compared to the superior pecan pie

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
my least favorite thanksgiving food is a big heaping bowl of poison that also tastes and smells bad.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Favorite = Corn bread and sausage stuffing/dressing
Least favorite = Green Bean Casserole