• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Whether it's a traditional Thanksgiving dish or a "non-traditional" dish, which food do you look forward to the most and the least around this time of the year?

Favorite = Mashed potatoes and gravy + Green beans + Pumpkin pie

img95l.jpg

Pumpkin-Pie-5.jpg

Least favorite = Sweet potatoes in any form or fashion. Fuck this shit

Sweet-Potato-Casserole-with-Marshmallows-15.jpg

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing beats mashed potatoes, dumping a bunch of corn on it, and then smothering it with gravy.

I guess the worst is green beans. But that's hardly a "dish".

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanksgiving just isn't thanksgiving without both mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes.

Pumpkin pie is always overrated and a mistake when apple pie is right there. I bought an apple pie for myself way back when the pandemic started and I guess I'll do that again this week

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Most Favorites
-Turkey breast slices
-Mash Potatoes and Gravy
-Mac N Cheese
-Pumpkin Pie
-Sweet Potatoes/Yams

Least Favorites
-Whole Turkey with bone
-Vegetable Stuffing
-Cranberry Sauce
-Green Beans
-Apple Pie

Still like them all

Last edited:

laikalot

May 30, 2020
I've never liked any traditional Thanksgiving specific food, so not much. For a while growing up we smoked some ribs for Thanksgiving, which was vastly preferable.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
Favorite: Stuffing. I can't get enough of it.

Least favorites: Any form of cranberry sauce, green bean casserole.

One year, I had two Thanksgiving meals. I had one with my family, and I had a second with my friends. The one with friends was a much larger affair, and all of them looked at me like I was an alien when I didn't take any green bean casserole. It's gross! I don't like it! it reminds me of vomit!

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Favorite:
Everything except cranberry sauce
(I particularly love mashed potatoes and mac & cheese)

Least favorite:
Cranberry sauce

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
i hate that sweet potato shit with the marshmallow get that shit as far away from me as possible

probably one of the least picky eaters in the world but... fuck that shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I only really like Turkey, mashed potatoes, and gravy.

Don't care for stuffing, don't care for cranberries, can't stand pumpkin pie.

Meat carbs and meat juice is all I need.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I can survive all of December on stuffing. Give me all of the stuffing.

Sweet potatoes can be good if you cook em right and get those lil marshmallows nice and crisp on top. Better as a pie tho

I have never had a taste for cranberries. But also my grandfather is Italian as hell and eats big family meals with a giant jar of olives next to his plate and if that counts FUCK OLIVES

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Favorite: Mashed potatoes w/ gravy - Turkey may be the spotlight dish, but my eyes are always going to seek out the mashed potatoes first and foremost.

Least Favorite: Cranberry sauce - Awful stuff.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best: Green bean casserole, gravy, stuffing.

Worst: Ham. I don't get what people see in this fancy looking piece of spam. It's salty and spiced with exorbinant amounts of cloves, takes up too much plate real estate, and is cumbersome to cut when the rest of your plate is perfectly made for just a fork.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Mashed potatoes is our lord and saviour.

No clue why Turkey is a thing. It's cold and tasteless. Why can't we just eat McNuggets?

Oct 27, 2017
Favorite:
Either stuffing or ham. When they're good, they're GOOD

Least:
Where to start. Dry/bland ass turkey, sweet potato anything, fruit cake, carrots

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I like it all.

My mom makes amazing potatoes for Thanksgiving and so I'm gonna try and do them this year. That's my favorite probably. We just call them "Special potatoes." I really like it all though, stuffing, rolls, turkey, fake cranberry sauce, green been casserole, broccoli casserole, anything else, I love it. We dont' do mac and cheese usually up here but I'd be into it if we did.

I dislike "Real" cranberry sauce. I love fake cranberry sauce, y'know, the shit out of the can that looks like the can. I love it. I dislike the real stuff.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Favorite: Dark meat turkey with gravy
Least favorite: My folks' stuffing (they put raisins in it)

Canned jellied cranberry sauce is a guilty pleasure of mine. I make a homemade one that's very good but the jelly can rules. Thank god my folks don't like green bean casserole, that shit is disgusting.

I'm not going to have lefse this year, I'm kind of hearbroken about this.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
It's pretty much cranberry sauce as my least favorite, and everything else as my favorite.

Gold Rush

Nov 29, 2017
Fave: Green Bean Casserole

Yuck: Cranberry Sauce

Every time I introduce that casserole to someone it goes through the phases of:

"What is that disgusting mess?"

to

"Hey this is pretty good"

and then

"So, are you making the casserole again next year?"

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Least: cranberry sauce. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Favorite: Dark meat turkey with gravy

Oct 27, 2017
Favorite is probably my moms Green been casserole. Its fucking delicious, close behind is my moms stuffing and mashed potatoes

Worst is probably candied yams. I love sweet potatoes but I just dont like candied yams at all, too sweet.

Fave: Green Bean Casserole

Yuck: Cranberry Sauce

Every time I introduce that casserole to someone it goes through the phases of:

"What is that disgusting mess?"

to

"Hey this is pretty good"

and then

"So, are you making the casserole again next year?"

Haha, growing up I thought it was gross but as I got older, I fell in love with it. My mom puts crispy onion rings on top and you can dip it into the leftover casserole sauce on the plate. Its so good.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I don't care for really dry turkey that you have to slather in gravy.

Other than that I tend to enjoy most of the side dishes.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Y'all stuffing haters are wack. It's literally all the aromatics of Thanksgiving within a soft yet crunchy texture. It's the best. It's the only thing I'll go carbs on carbs with as far as mashed potatoes go.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I'm honestly not that into the normal Thanksgiving menu. Favorite would probably be the sweet potato pie, or some roasted vegetable side dish.

Worst is definitely stuffing. No matter how much sausage and aromatics I add, savory soggy bread is just not pleasant.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Best: turkey (especially now that I smoke mine on the grill), sausage & cranberry stuffing, whiskey pumpkin/sweet potato pie, baked Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
Worst: Chitlins. My mom used to make them when I lived in GA, and I swear they would ruin the meal. Gravy. Never liked it, nor saw its appeal.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Best: slow grilled turkey with herb mix, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, stuffing' muffin' made with cornbread + sausage + bacon
Worst: sweet potato based sides

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
Best: Turkey (I do an herb rub with citrus), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, roasted vegetables
Mystery tier: pineapple stuffing (if my grandmother brings ham to dinner like the wild woman she is)
Worst: Green bean casserole, stuffing, gravy