• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Mine is pretty much the same:
3x wk weight training - at home rn with dumbbells.
3x wk on the Peloton - I just follow my bliss here. Sometimes I do a 20 minute HIIT, other times a long slow 45 minute ride.

I'd love to get into Tennis and Swimming again. The latter will take a long time due to the COVID19.

I have no fat loss goals as I'm at my goal weight. Not going for PRs or anything with weigh training either. Those days are over for me. Just looking to stay active and age gracefully.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I sit on my ass for 8 hours for working from home but I'm gonna try to excerzize as much as possible during the calm hours, try to go for a walk the moment it doesn't rain.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
30 minute rowing in the morning and 30 minute Peloton ride in the evening.

Only day i do nothing is saturdays.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Doing about 6 Peloton workouts per week, usually ~45-55 mins a shot. It's done wonders for my physical and mental health these past few months.

Deleted member 9306

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I used to exercise like crazy, then I broke my ankle, was in a lot of pain, and then when my ankle was just starting to feel better COVID happened and all the gyms + my BJJ club shut down. Then I started comfort eating and now I'm almost 100+ more pounds than I was at the beginning of 2020.

I've been really de-motivated to start working out again because now my joints hurts alot, but I think I'm going to start with stretching for 10 minutes every day, then try to walk outside for 30 minutes every other day. I got some kettlebells for Christmas, so eventually I'm going to try doing that. Hopefully then I can reverse all the damage that happened to me last year.

EDIT: Damn I wish I had enough money for the Peloton that you guys keep mentioning. Looks like fun.

Gumbie

Oct 28, 2017
4x a week weight training (upper/lower upper/lower)
1 day dedicated to cardio
Peloton rides sprinkled in between when I can fit them in.
Walk at least 2 miles per day.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I need to get moving this year. I uh...kinda let things slide the past 4 years. I blame the president.

Any suggestions on home workouts that don't involve equipment of any kind? Trying to lose some weight and gain lean muscle.

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
We got a tonal back in august and have been pretty consistent with that and will continue but I need to do more cardio and have started jogging, taking advantage of the great AZ weather before the heat

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
30 minutes elliptical 5 days a week.
3 days weight training.

Anyone got tips for weight training?

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Feels like the gym is not going to be an option in the foreseeable future. I have 1x, 1.5x and 2x pood kettlebells and am doing Simple & Sinister. Mostly using the 2x pood at this point and hoping to have Simple done before Summer. Then who knows.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I used to exercise like crazy, then I broke my ankle, was in a lot of pain, and then when my ankle was just starting to feel better COVID happened and all the gyms + my BJJ club shut down. Then I started comfort eating and now I'm almost 100+ more pounds than I was at the beginning of 2020.

I've been really de-motivated to start working out again because now my joints hurts alot, but I think I'm going to start with stretching for 10 minutes every day, then try to walk outside for 30 minutes every other day. I got some kettlebells for Christmas, so eventually I'm going to try doing that. Hopefully then I can reverse all the damage that happened to me last year.

EDIT: Damn I wish I had enough money for the Peloton that you guys keep mentioning. Looks like fun.
You can do the DIY Peloton as well. Requires a 13USD monthly cost

www.thisyouneed.com

I Curated My Own Peloton Setup - For Less Than Half the Cost of the Real Thing — This You Need — An Almanac For The 21st Century

How to create a DIY Peloton experience at home, for almost one third the cost of an actual Peloton bike.

There are other variations online. Just google DIY Peloton.

Some posters also shared their versions in the Peloton thread.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Run 5x a week (minimum 3 miles).
Lift 5x a week.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
Just going back to doing what I was doing before xmas:

5k run x 3 / week
home workout x 3 / week

At the moment the workout is all bodyweight, with just a pullup bar as far as equipment.

For anyone starting running I can recommend the Couch 2 5K app, essentially a glorified timer which splits your run between running and walking, it gets longer, the walks get shorter and eventually you're doing 5k regularly after 8 weeks. I saw it through last June and since then I haven't used it but it definitely made a big difference to starting the whole thing. Currently using Runkeeper to track my runs, switched from Nike, seems good.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Before COVID I was more a gym person doing your typical bench, squats, deads, etc. During COVID, I started doing these video gym classes that vary between body weight and dumbbell exercises. They really beat in to me that my cardio and conditioning were shit, so I've been doing them since about April. I'm seeing appreciable fat loss for the first time in years, so I am continuing it through the new year, 5x a week.

Last edited:

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Same goal as last couple years:

100 Peloton rides per year, minimum. Don't care about length (15min or 45min) or total calories/output. Just simply, get on the thing 100x a year, which is basically twice a week.

Then, past that, whatever exercise I can get outside when it's nicer. Usually a bike ride ~twice a week in the spring and summer with my family. I love to swim, but until the Y feels safe, I'm not gonna go. That's a huge miss and practically the only "full body" I enjoy. Losing it this past year has been super obvious on my already-mediocre figure.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Really going to try and get back into Ring Fit. I got it during summer last year and was pretty consistent with it but I fell off around October.

More frequent walks other than that, not really much else for me until the gyms are safe again.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
5 days of weight training (PPLPP, double volume for leg day, progressive overload, close to failure)
2 days of light cardio

I got my DXA scan this past weekend and my body fat went from 29% to 18%, where I lost 18 lbs of fat and gained 4 lbs of muscle. I'm trying to aim for 12% so I can start my lean bulk from there!

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Mainly just to do a hell of a lot more than I have been lately. I slacked off mightily during the plague, and it kinda shows.

I found a HIIT routine on YouTube that I like, so I've done that a few times in the past 2 weeks. I'm out of breath by the end, so it works.

I would like to hit the gym at least twice per week. I have been going back since they opened back up in NJ, but it has been sporadic at best.

I'm also contemplating getting a rowing machine. I could use some cardio that's easy on the joints.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Same as last year, run 4-5 times a week (right now between 3-5 miles a run) along with some strength training videos at home. I also go for walks during the day and always try to get at least 10,000 steps. I'll definitely up my running mileage as I'm hoping to do a half marathon this summer pending Covid restrictions. Would be my first half since 2017 when I had my first heart surgery and was unable to run until I got a mechanical mitral valve last March.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
The usual winter bulking phase with 6 weight training sessions during the week, a cardio day using my rowing machine and going for a 1 hour walk 5 times during the week. Having my own gym set-up means my training regime has been unaffected by the pandemic and gym closures.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Been doing DDP Yoga 4 nights a week and one night heavy lifting in the gym. Same as I was doing since November.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
~40 minute (2.4 mile) walk 5-7x a week
45-60 minute calisthenics routine 3x a week(Calimove program)

Same I've been doing for the last half of 2020.

Hoping to incorporate a 20-30 min rowing session ~3-5 times a week as well, but haven't mustered up the motivation. And then I'll do some light swimming once later spring rolls around and we can open up the pool.

I also need to find a good stretching/flexibility routine. I've tried some various Yoga programs, they're fine, but I really just want to focus purely on my mobility and flexibility as mine is pretty shit.

Last edited:

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
Right now, I'm in my 3rd session of Madcow on MWF, but I'm doing each week twice (and the current week 3x because I missed the Friday workout 2 weeks ago). So my working weights only increase every couple weeks instead of each week. Which is fine for now. I also warm up with a quick 1K on my rowing machine, and do 15-25 minutes cardio on my Bowflex Max trainer.
The other 4 days, I'm doing P90X, so each week of that program takes a week and a half.
(My home gym, which I've been building up for the past 12 years, has a ton of stuff in it...)

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since I'm home so much, I've decided to up my lifting routine to 6 days a week, with a rotating 4 day cycle. I have 4 workout days split between push/pull for limbs, and push/pull for torso. Then rotating through those days in a cycle with the same day of rest every week. I'm a full week into the program and it seems challenging, but doable.

I really should be doing more cardio but bleh.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've just been walking a lot more. I usually walk 5km every day after I finish work. Been listening to a lot more podcasts.

Been doing some yoga as well, really enjoying it. Lockdown's made me pretty stiff and inflexible, so it helps a lot to just pop on a YouTube yoga video here and there.

Had a good streak of running in the summer, can't wait for the weather to get better here in Canada because I don't like the risks of running in the winter. It's way too easy to slip and fall on wet leaves or black ice where I am.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Since it's gotten cold, I've mainly been doing daily 1/2 hour dumbell workouts at home, but I do need to work in more cardio in the winter months. Maybe I'll start subbing out a day or two for the elliptical. I just get so bored doing cardio inside.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I do daily walks at work, getting about 2 miles in. On top of that, I'm doing Ring Fit 3 times a week and then jogging with my wife once or twice a week. To round it out, I'm also doing intermittent fasting.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Ring Fit/Fitness Boxing routines, heavy resistance bands/dumbbells, and the OG shit (pushups, situps, squats) a few times a week for at least an hour. If I can do some combination of these, I'll feel like I didn't miss much avoiding the gym. I've been doing 16-8 intermittent fasting and changing how I eat, so it should all work out well if I stick to it.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love to hear other peoples strategies for keeping us all buff and sexy for our respective partners / self gratification! I feel like a newly spry person with my current set up:

I'm swimming three to four times a week, biking to and from the gym at 4 miles in one direction... When I can't get a swim lane or the weather is too bad to bike, I just run in the rain for several miles. 😆

My winter quarantine flab is shrunk now that regular swimming has resumed at our YMCA.

Last edited:

iAmPossum

Oct 29, 2017
Dumbbell training, stretching and walking whenever I'm not much in the mood for lifting.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Carrying on with my near daily walks and doing yoga video 4-5 times a week, mostly Yoga with Adrienne or Kassandra.

I want to add proper strength training in the gym but until that's an option will keep my ad-hoc home version or random band, light dumbell and bodyweight stuff. I just don't enjoy it much and can't find anything I can stick with. The strength focused videos on Kat Musni fitness has kept me interested in the short term as they're quite varied and she's a goofball but unless I can find some heavier weights in a small form that won't last long.

Last edited:

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
This month (Not sure how it will pan out over the year, I want to be adaptable) is focused on making my core and hips functional and of good strength.

It's been my weak link that has stopped me from being as fit as I could be, and also I experience pain that is distracting me in my legs (It's all purely physio rather than any injury or disease).

So with that my "routine" is based on my want to be stronger, and so it's currently quite basic: 2 minutes forward plank, 2 minute hollow body crunch, and 1 minute side planks on both sides. After those are done I do whatever I plan to do for the day, but as long as those very basic exercises are done.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I got a gym around the corner with a pool. But because of COVID I am not sure if they're open or if I'd want to go.

Just doing a daily ab routine for now. I'm procrastinating on figuring out a biking solution whether it's a cheap bike or at-home thing. I can bike in Prospect Park.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Walk a few miles outside when it's warm enough and cycle on a trainer 15-30 minutes per day. I got a basic yoga mat from Amazon last week so I can do some ab exercises.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I do 2-3 hour walks 3 days a week and lift the cheapest set of dumbells I could find the other 3 days a week and rest on Sunday. It might sound like a lot to someone who does no exercise but the walks all have purposes behind them, shopping for food mainly, and the dumbell lifting happens over hours as I watch youtube, twitch, or netflix. I lurk Era too - reps of this or that exercise 1, 2, 3, etc, take a wee rest and see what shenanigans are happening on here, get back to the next set of reps. I did lose between 3 and 4 stone doing this last year so hopefully, I can keep it going this year.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
I got a cold a few months ago and it's thrown me totally off my game. Back to HIIT soon I hope. And then, when I'm managing my time better, throw some focused weight training back in. Unfortunately I can't be too regimented due to work and family.

Still manage the occasional run/ride with the dog but he's a bit older now so I'm super keen that I keep him safe and well.

GMT Master

Oct 3, 2019
Peloton was one of the best investments I've ever made.

I used to get lazy and make excuses all the time about working out, but now that it's in my bedroom, I've used it regularly for the last 6 months and I feel great.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Used to run daily, hurt my knee but was getting back into the swing of it when all this started, but it was too hard to dodge people so I haven't exercised properly in months and gained probably 25 lbs. This year I'm gonna try switching up to weight training + jump rope at home.

Morphis

Oct 28, 2017
I do grease the groove, basically a couple of excercises every hour during working hours. Mainly trying to build towards a full handstand pushup (against the wall), which is taking quite long now lol.

I need to have an operation to repair my knee (meniscus), if that's done I'll get back into bouldering, too.