• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
My edc
benoit-character-poster.jpg

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Kind of surprised at the anti-knife sentiment that's going around this place. It's one of those things that you never know you needed until you start using it in your everyday life.

I have lost count of the number of times I've seen people trying their hardest to open some random cardboard package, getting redfaced from the strain, when a tiny slip joint could have dealt with that in a couple of seconds. Or the folks who, after failing to open some treat bag (gummy bear plastic packages come to mind), just go all out and proceed to bite it open. Sure, it gets the job done, just as much eating with your bare hands instead of using silverware does. But we still use silverware regardless, don't we?

Also, keep in mind that:
spyderco-dragonfly-review-survival-blog-more-than-just-surviving.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
And I'm very aware of how bad things have gotten in the UK when it comes to stabbings, but how many of those people died facing a Swiss Army Knife? The vast majority of those crimes were committed using good ol' kitchen knives just like the ones most of you have at home.

Knives are tools, use them as such and they will make your life a lot easier.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing crazy here..

On my person:
Wallet (https://ashlandleather.com/collections/johnny-the-fox/products/w-fox-cordo-black)
Keys (Nothing fancy)

In the bag:
iPhone XS Max (Mine)
iPhone 6S (Work)
Sony WH-1000XM3 Headphones
Anker PowerCore 20100+
A bunch of charging cables (USB-C, microUSB, Lightning)

The knives and guns on the reddit sub always make me laugh. Yeah buddy, I'm sure you're really going to need all that defensive equipment working in the server room. Not to discount the practicality of a regular knife for day to day use.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Just the usual:
Phone, pneumatic air rifle, wallet, portable bunsen burner and my keys

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of surprised at the anti-knife sentiment that's going around this place. It's one of those things that you never know you needed until you start using it in your everyday life.
{...}
And I'm very aware of how bad things have gotten in the UK when it comes to stabbings, but how many of those people died facing a Swiss Army Knife? The vast majority of those crimes were committed using good ol' kitchen knives just like the ones most of you have at home.

Knives are tools, use them as such and they will make your life a lot easier.
I'm learning to not be surprised by this site's reaction to anything that isn't appropriate for life in a boring office.

Here I am with a 2" murder machine in my pocket and I didn't know it! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Meanwhile I remember whittling as a Webelos Scout...