• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Port begging thread is allowed now?

Port Begging entails derailing a thread when a game is released about what platforms it isn't on. A thread about literally any third party support doesn't fall under that. As even titles like "I'd like to see fatal frame on Switch" fall under third party and might even have a history on the platform or recent friendly relations with the publisher (such as with MS).

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter 5 (or 6). Would love em portable, and I only pay for Nintendo online.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Couldn't care less about playing Switch on the go. Couldn't be more inconvenient to tote around something with its size, far more likely to play it docked, and I doubt the people clamoring for 4K Switch games identical to PS4 games can get that in handheld mode anyway.

And public transportation is garbage around here, subways aren't a thing at all.

that sucks, public transport rules

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake so I could have it on the go.

or

Lunar The Silver Star Story Complete as it's my favorite game of all time.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
Turok 2 but finally at 1080P because I could bruteforce it in portable mode.

Hey I have dreams too you know.

Bagu

Oct 27, 2017
Titanfall 2 with gyro controls and cross play across all platforms. Game could do with an influx of new players.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Mass Effect Trilogy, Dragon Age Inquisition

Borderlands 3: I'd love to have the whole series on Switch.

Darksiders 3: Again, having the whole series on Switch would be great.

Assassin's Creed Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla (and for the love of god, do the Ezio trilogy too!)

Jumpman23

Nov 14, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2
GTAV
Destiny 2
Batman (All the Arkham games)
Sekiro
COD: Warzone
Valorant

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Probably FFVIIR, Tekken 7, the RE Engine games not made with the Switch in mind, & GG Strive.

Monster Hunter World (hey if PC can have both...)
The difference is that MHW Switch could only be sold in the West thanks to Sony's console exclusivity over the game in Asian markets. And there wouldn't be much of a point to do a Switch port if it can't be sold in Japan.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I would hope to see performances patches for BotW and Xenoblade 2 first. And I would hope to see Xenoblade X ported to the Switch with good Pro support. Hopefully BotW2 will have significant performance benefits on Switch Pro too. Outside of that I don't really think I care much because there's no way the Switch, Pro or otherwise, will match the performance of PS4 games on my PS4 Pro as it is. For everything else I have a PC.

In general ports are boring to me, especially if its years after the fact. Will be far more interesting to see what original software supports the Pro in its fullest capacities, or if devs will be afraid to make Pro only games.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Street Fighter 5 (or 6). Would love em portable, and I only pay for Nintendo online.
SFV is a perma-Sony console exclusive, & I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the PS4/XB1 versions of SFVI get scrapped (alongside an additional delay for SFVI). If said last-gen versions live on, then yeah, a Super Switch version should happen.

Titanfall 2 with gyro controls and cross play across all platforms. Game could do with an influx of new players.
Why not add gyro to PS4/5 as well?

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
MLB the show, just kidding it's not a franchise that's particular interesting to me. Difficult question actually...

I'd say persona 5, but I feel a bit like cheating, because Switch Pro wouldn't be needed for the game imo. Switch should run it just fine, so I probably say something like the next Battlefield or AC would be cool on the handheld. And of course FFXVI.

Fake edit: Thinking about it, FF14 would be incredible, so that gets my final vote. Chilling on the coach/bed while crafting sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake and/or Final Fantasy XVI

It'd be great to see that franchise return in its modern form on Nintendo platforms.

JoshuaJSlone

Dec 27, 2017
Indiana
Way way more PS3 generation games being listed here than expected. When those games haven't shown on Switch, it's not for tech reasons.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
FFXIV. As long as it doesn't hold the game back and limit what they can do with other platforms.

Bagu

Oct 27, 2017
Why not add gyro to PS4/5 as well?
Didn't really imply that the Playstation versions shouldn't have that option. If EA and Respawn were to go out of their way to do a Switch port with gyro controls I can't imagine why they couldn't add those controls to the Playstation versions.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Didn't really imply that the Playstation versions shouldn't have that option. If EA and Respawn were to go out of their way to do a Switch port with gyro controls I can't imagine why they couldn't add those controls to the Playstation versions.
You would think that, but Apex…..

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5. I'd love to play it but I just can't play a JRPG on a console at a TV. Being able to chip away at it on a handheld is the only way I think I'd get through it.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Would be cool to have many games portable...if they get rid of the joycons and make proper controls. Can't stand playing any sort of action game with them.

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
There has been rumors in the past about GTA 5, Dark Souls 2, RDR, Mass Effect Trilogy, and Persona 5. All those would be cool. I would like to see Nier and FF7R

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro for me. I got around to playing it early last year and the whole thing was incredible. Constant discovery and surprise and delight (and infuriating enemy encounters). I'd love to have a portable version.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of y'all are setting expectations way too high I think.

Personally, Persona 5 is the one I'd actually buy that I think is actually technically feasible. The one that would actually do the biggest numbers both on its own and for the platform though is GTA V.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
In terms of games I want to be more accessible in general, I'd say Panzer Dragoon Saga. That or a three pack of the SNES Fire Emblem games, officially localized in English for the first time.

In terms of games I'd want to be portable, it's not a very interesting answer but Persona 5 Royal would be a really good fit.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan!
Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin
Shenmue 3
Shining Force Cross Raid
Sakura Wars
Dynamite Deka EX
Initial D (all of them)
Border Break

so a lot of arcade games and Sega games, but please make these ports