• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
By Monolith
  • >Seamless overworld
  • >Improved battle mechanics
  • >Modernized cutscenes and characters in XB2's engine that matches the original designs
  • >Disc 2 totally restored as it was originally planned
tenor.gif

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It was always FF7 and Resident Evil 2... so, lol.

MGS 1 in Fox Engine would be nice...

My main remaster want is the mass Effect Trilogy. All bundled DLC, updates to combat in the first game, etc... A splice of remake/remaster.

If we're talking dream that I like to dream of but will never happen, then a full-on remake of the entire trilogy with a new ending.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, let's see.
SSX3 - just modern graphics, don't change the gameplay.
NOLF (1&2)
Eternal Darkness - or maybe just a sequel, I donno

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Eternal Darkness. The game was ahead of it's time and it was a critical success. Not sure why Nintendo never bothered creating a sequel.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
No One Lives Forever duology. We were so close.
oz0wMSE.jpg
Terranigma.
But SquareEnix have forgotten everything about Quintet.

Vagrant Story, that game was so amazing...
Any Paper Mario or Paper Mario TTYD game

200.gif

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • All of the original little details and Easter eggs in tact
  • High-resolution sprites and backgrounds
  • Includes some Saturn-exclusive tweaks
    • Alucard can run when you press Back, Forward or Forward, Forward
    • Alucard has a "third hand" for consumable items
    • Alucard, Maria and Richter are available for selection from a character select screen when starting a new game
    • Wing Smash doesn't stop until you change forms or hit a wall
  • More music tracks (mainly for the inverted castle, but maybe selectable for each area)
  • Multiple modes that affect castle layout and item/relic locations
    • "Original" for original castle layout and item/relic locations
    • "Original (Random)" for original castle layout and randomized item/relic locations
    • "Remix" for new castle layout and item/relic locations
    • "Remix (Random)" for new castle layout and randomized item/relic locations
  • Multiple voice track options
    • English (PS1 original)
    • English (Dracula X Chronicles)
    • Japanese
  • Various Quality of Life Improvements
    • Bestiary is accessible from Alucard's menu
    • Faerie Scroll also displays whether you've gotten an enemy's drops
    • Mini-Map

That's more like it. I'd add:
  • Remix map would better ability progression and openness
  • Difficulty modifiers a la Bastion or Transistor
    • Difficulty sliders which alter enemy health, damage and speed
  • Locations from the Saturn release redesigned to fit the standards of SotN
  • More crazy bonus characters
    • Solid Snake
    • Bomberman
    • Goemon

Manhunter

Mar 20, 2019
Metal Gear Solid 1 Remake
Dino Crisis Remake
Parasite Eve Remake
Silent Hill 1 or 2 Remake
Mafia 1 Remake

Descendant

Fallen Guardian
Nov 2, 2017
I think a more fleshed out Final Fantasy VIII Remake with tweaks to the story and some of the character arcs could make it my all time favorite RPG.

I would love for the Remake to feature the entire FFVIII orchestra soundtrack. And while I love turn based, an Action RPG using a gunblade would be really cool.

MetalKnick

Oct 31, 2017
I've always fantasized about a Golden Sun 1 & 2 remake featuring an open world design since I played Final Fantasy XV.

Would an open world work? I'm not sure, but I do know that the overworld felt vast when I first played it!

More realistically, they'd probably just pull a Secret of Mana remake with it.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
200.gif

That's more like it. I'd add:
  • Remix map would better ability progression and openness
  • Difficulty modifiers a la Bastion or Transistor
    • Difficulty sliders which alter enemy health, damage and speed
  • Locations from the Saturn release redesigned to fit the standards of SotN
  • More crazy bonus characters
    • Solid Snake
    • Bomberman
    • Goemon
All good ideas.

Nov 11, 2017
I really, really wish SEGA would remaster Skies of Arcadia. A remaster of Legends with higher quality textures and music and a lower encounter rate would make me so happy. I know it's kind of a niche title so it's a long shot, but it's probably my all-time favorite RPG, and there's no way to play it these days short of emulating it (which I don't wanna do) or getting my hands on a Gamecube. I've been wanting to play it again for a few years, but I've been holding out hoping against hope that it might get the remaster treatment someday.

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love chrono trigger and final fantasy 3(6) to be reimagined. I think a lot of SNES games would be perfect for reimagining or at bare minimum remade similarly to links awakening.

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
Oh yea I'd also love a from the ground up retooling of the legacy of kain series. I still think that's my favorite vampire lore I've encountered.

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry, but I'd like to also add lunar series, which is the first time a video game got me in the feels, and wild arms because I like how it's different than most traditional RPGs.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
I'd love to see a SaGa Frontier remake. It doesn't need to be a graphical powerhouse, but it would be amazing to have a more complete version. Finish Asellus's route, give Lute a proper story, add in some new dungeons and recruitable characters, make Gun techs work better, and so on. It would be making a great game even better. Oh, but the infinite money glitches need to be left in, that is a must.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Command and Conquer: Renegade remade by DICE

This is the only game I really, really want.

Nov 11, 2017
Harvest Moon 64. It's probably my favorite in the series but for some reason it's only ever been ported to Wii U. Would also go a long way to clear up the Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon split that the series has right now, since Natsume seems so keen on obfuscating the whole thing. A remake of one of the most beloved games in the series would force a lot of potentially interested people to figure out what the deal is.
I would agree with this one too, HM64 was such a special game to me, but seeing what Marvelous has done with the visuals in the FoMT remake I've decided I'm happy with it staying in the past. Where they can't hurt it. ;(
EDIT- Also HM64 just has an air of melancholy around it that I think they would never be able to replicate given how kid friendly the franchise is now.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
I don't even need a full blown remake, but an HD port of 'Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2' would make my life instantly better.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
By Monolith
  • >Seamless overworld
  • >Improved battle mechanics
  • >Modernized cutscenes and characters in XB2's engine that matches the original designs
  • >Disc 2 totally restored as it was originally planned
tenor.gif
That would be great, I dont think Nintendo is going to allow this to be a multiplatform game.
Which will then lead to more threads complaining about not being a multiplat.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Mario 64 remake with 240 stars.
Mother 3 or earthbound in links awakening engine
FE Fates in 3H engine but with a different story...
KOF XI with online play

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill 2, either lovingly remade or lovingly remastered.

Vagrant Story, but with some of the systems (combat, death) moved closer to Bloodborne.

Onimusha with the combat improvements from Oni 2/3 (or better) and with lush-as-fuck modern graphics.

Last edited:

Marin-Lune

Oct 27, 2017
My dream remake would be a modern version of Little Big Adventure/Relentless, that would use the same colour palette and graphical style as the first one but full 3D obviously and more fleshed out. Same grim-ish universe as the first entry too, not too the cutesy one from ep 2

images