• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
Without question it is Final Fantasy XI. Remade with improved graphics and a slightly more involved combat system but not something that is at all similar to WoW or FFXIV. With a release schedule of the expansions at a similar pace to how the originals came out (but launching as it did in NA, with Rise of the Zilart, 75 level cap, etc).

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy VI should have gotten the remake treatment first. People should have waited longer for a remake of FFVII

Berto

Oct 25, 2017
Gabriel Knight 3, full open world Rennes-le-Chateaux in a new state of the art engine and new voice over with Curry and Hamill back. I would finance that shit with Jane Jensen at the helm if I was a multi-billionaire.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a lot of non-FF square RPGs from their golden age (PSX)
Xenogears
FFT
FUCKING Front Mission

omf

Oct 30, 2017
Darklands with higher resolution and updated UI would be incredible, no need to touch the gameplay.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear 1 and 2 Remake, that story needs to be presented with the same grandeur of MGS and beyond at least.

Seeing VII remake really makes me want a VIII one too, beautiful game

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
FFVI...not a full blown FFVIIR-styled game, but something in the next iteration of Octopath Travelers engine.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
I want a new Perfect Dark with modern engine, multiplayer and more physics. I'd buy that in a hearbeat.

mrpookles

Oct 29, 2017
Right now, Fallout 3 and New Vegas on Switch.

Mass Effect Trilogy with improved graphics and some QoL stuff for 1 would be great.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I wish Halo: Anniversary hadn't crapped the bed so mightily with its trash art style. They really screwed up there, trying to improve on Bungie's unimprovable visual design.

I would probably collapse in a state of blissful catatonia if either The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind or Metal Gear Rising were given the full state-of-the-art super faithful remake treatment.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Sun + The Lost Age made into a Duology, and then retconning Dark Dawn out of existence.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I mean I want Fire Emblems 4 to 10 remade/remastered but first and foremost, I want FE4 remade with Three Houses' engine, where the castle bases are fully explorable, the story is expanded upon, and gameplay is brought up to date while keeping true to the original (basically, let units trade and add supports).

A true remake of Ocarina of Time would also be amazing, like one where they make the world map way larger, add more quests, etc.

And Golden Sun 1+2 remade by Monolith Soft.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Metal Gear 1 and 2 Remake, that story needs to be presented with the same grandeur of MGS and beyond at least.
This!
For the longest time I wanted this remake. Hell I thought that Kojima made Keifer into Big Boss VA because we were gonna get Hayter as Solid to show up near the end of MGSV and start MG1.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Legend of Dragoon, easily. Remake it with a focus on the Dragoon state being fun to play and definitely a step above your standard state due to it's limited time on the battlefield/needing to fill a bar to use it.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
System Shock 2 getting a remake similar to what they're doing with the first one. Just upgrade the graphics and leave everything else the same, maybe do a console version.

Metal Gear Solid 3 remastered with a modern control scheme.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
A proper Silent Hill 2 remaster or if that's not possible let Bluepoint do a 1:1 remake like they did with SOTC. Also Jet Set Radio Future and Persona 4 so I can finally play those games.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse SƩrƩnissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My dream remake was FFVII. Now that we are getting it, my hopes are set on Dino Crisis. I think Parasite Eve would come in third.

My dream remasters are the Suikoden games.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake.

The former would be interesting to see Venom and The Patriots retconned into a more linear plot that hopefully wouldn't be so disjointed like V (non open world). I see Outer Heaven as a bigger interior-focused Ground Zeroes. Zanzibarland would be more expansive akin to a semi open hub. David Hayter wouldn't have the growl and would use a much younger 25 year old Snake voice for the first. Fleshing out Snake's FOXHOUND training and relationship with Grey Fox pre MG2 would be great. I feel like OILIX would be dropped as a concept though, the energy crisis might still make it in. Kaz Miller would also be way more involved in 2.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
I fully believe Clive Barker's Undying and Jericho should get another shot with a remake. It's unfortunate how Jericho's potential was held back by the god awful gameplay, level design, teammate AI, and aesthetics; the story premise and some of the characters were the most notable parts.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Metroid Prime 2 with no motion controls, but updated modern XB1/PS4 controls.