• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
In a just world, we would've received a Stargate SG-1 game in the style of X-Com.
Stargate as a squad-based action RPG (like Mass Effect)
My brothers.

That said, at this point, I feel like any Stargate game would probably be a reboot of the franchise, which I'm not necessarily opposed to.

Speaking of Stargate, I think a Stargate/Valkyria Chronicles crossover game would be really damn cool. Ideally, it'd take some pages from New Sakura Wars' book on handling non-combat gameplay, and a few from XCOM's to improve the combat, but thematically, they're a pretty good match. You can also totally justify this crossover on a story level by
having the Valkyria Chronicles setting be the result of SG-1 time traveling to avert an Ori victory in one of the numerous bad end timelines/alternate universes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy Warriors.

The fact that Omega Force and Tecmo Koei have not used the Dissidia NT assets to make a Final Fantasy Musou yet they've shit out MULTIPLE Dragon Quest ones and now a Persona Musou is absurd to me.

Come the hell on, Tecmo. Get your shit together.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
X-Men Arcade sequel based on the upcoming dawn of x storylines and done by dotemu and whoever is creatively involved with streets of rage 4.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
An in-depth Mouse Guard RPG. Just traveling through that world and having tight RPG mechanics to go along with it would be a dream. Plus giant boss fights against owls and moose would be rad.

Donizetty

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Mexico
A main Pokemon Entry where:
Monolith does the world and characters
IS does the battle system
Valve does the online infrastructure
With Sakurai as quality director
damn! I came just by dreaming it

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
The Simpsons fighting game developed by Arc System Works.

Archer as a Goldeneye-esque shooter with multiple playable characters.

An MLP:FIM 6-player beat em up by Konami and Irem vets.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Red Dawn by IO Interactive for this generation or the next lol

All Elite Wrestling: SLAM MASTERS by Capcom. They already got Cody Rhodes rendered in that engine via Nero of DMCV!

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Spider-Man by Platinum Games. It's literally a match made in heaven and I'd gladly give up an open world for this.

Cross generational Transformers arena fighter in the style of Gundam Versus. If not that then at least Transformers Devastation 2 with budget.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't usually tend toward licensed games, but ever since the Dreamcast Godzilla game (for some reason) I've fantasized about a team-based, open environment Godzilla game that puts you and a squad of teammates in the roles of G-Force-like kaiju-containment special forces in the midst of an attack by Godzilla (or his rogues gallery). Something that really nails the human-versus-Kaiju scale, and revels in physics-based destruction. You'd have all kinds of crazy technology and customization options, so some people could be foot soldiers (with jet packs and grappling hooks and such to get across the city and scale the monsters, Shadow of the Colossus style) while others would use land and air vehicles, mechs or specialty weapons (a bit like Warhawk with that variety).

It would've been very limited at the time, but nowadays we could actually fully realize such a thing. City Shrouded in Shadow touched on part of the idea, but not quite the core of it.

Highlander: Battle Royale with a gritty '80s New York map.

But...there can be only one?

Fornite with the G.I. Joe licsene 50 v 50 Joes Vs Cobra.

Okay, I'm not even a huge G.I. Joe fan, but this is a great idea. Fortnite already has one foot in that aesthetic, anyway.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
A Godzilla VR experience. Trying to escape a city as kaiju battle it out around you. The scale would be incredible in VR

Also a Star Wars Musou

Horned Reaper

Nov 7, 2017
One Piece open world game with a living and breathing world where you travel along the same route and story as you do in the series. Oda is the director, Level 5 does the world designs, town designs and character animations, while the Yakuza team does the side missions and the mini games like cooking with Sanji, fishing with Usopp, upgrading the ship with Franky, doing karaoke with Brook etc. Towns are where you shop for supplies, buy upgrades, do fetch quests with Zoro etc. Traversal is like that in Spider-Man, fighting a hybrid of Pirate Warriors and Yakuza heat actions and boss battles alternated with sniper missions for Usopp, stealth missions for Robin etc. Navigating and manning the ship will be like in Sea of Thieves.

That's at least part of how I would like it to be.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
In reality i'd love a good slasher Texas Chainsaw Massacre game....but more than another i'd love a licensed WTA tennis game.