• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sony, Xbox, Both ?

• Sony

Votes: 628 53.7%
  • Xbox

Votes: 224 19.2%
  • Both

Votes: 317 27.1%

• Total voters

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
After today's news and the release of the consoles in less then two months, I figured it would be interesting to see where's everyone at.
Simple as that.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
It was just PS5 but after the bethesda buyout, I may look at a series x a few years from now when the next fallout/ Elder scrolls game comes out.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Both eventually. Series X at launch.

PS5 will be for exclusive content, but I already have a PS4 Pro for the first 18 months.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my PC will continue to be my primary new game platform. eventually (not sure if I'll wait for some exclusives to release or not) I'll replace my PS4 Pro's busted optical drive with a PS5. at that point, my PC will continue to be my primary new game platform.

dyne

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Neither. Streaming GeForce Now and xCloud on my Shield and phone, and PC for the rest. Nintendo Switch with the kids.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've already pre-ordered a ps5, but Microsoft is making it really hard for me not to consider at least a series S (with gamepass) down the line.

Maddox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ps5.. i like their exclusives. Also todays news gave nothing to me as i don't like their games.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I had planned to get a PS5. I have one pre-ordered, but I'm finding it harder to justify that purchase every day. I might end up cancelling it and sticking to PC until we get some actual exclusives.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony and Nintendo, that's also supposed to launch a new console next year, even if it's a revision.

Meowfioso

Sep 11, 2020
Sticking with my PC and Switch along with xCloud. Might pick up a Series S if it gets 60fps on every major title

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
PS5 + PC. Gamepass on and off for the months they have a big exclusive like Halo, Starfield etc. I suspect I can get away with only subbing for 6 months in a gen.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
PS5 and PC. Even after the acquisition I still can't think of anything I'd want on a Xbox that wouldn't be better on PC.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
PC and now... I'm not sure after the news. I usually get a console for couch coop fifa and playing with less hardcore friends/randos I meet. Whoever ends up selling the most in Europe will get my buy

ReverseFate

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've already preordered a PS5, so I'll be sticking to that. However, with the recent news, I will most likely be picking up an Xbox later down the line (perhaps 2022) for those potential Besthesda exclusives.

jonboi24

Jul 19, 2020
There really be a PC option as my current plan is PS5 for the exclusives and PC for Gamepass and multi-plat.

Oct 28, 2017
Both just like the last two gens. Super excited for both and glad MS looks so much more competitive this gen.

PS5 for exclusives, Series X for gamepass and third party games.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Series X this holiday. Probably PS5 within the next 12-18 months depending on when those actual PS5 exclusives come out and start dropping in price.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I'll have both eventually. Just waiting to grab one PS5 bundle after release with Demon's and some other game for a bit cheaper (fuck 80 euros pricing) and then Xbox for Game Pass. Shit gets better and better with each few months.

Allen Poe

Oct 28, 2017
N.O. to Las Vegas
try like hell to get my hands on an RTX 3080. Probably wait until sometime next year to get a series X and PS5. Wait for a couple of console exclusives I want, and let everyone else sort out the issues with the initial run of consoles.

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming Bethesda's games are exclusives will try to make a XSX purchase work down the road maybe with the All Access or a black Friday sale.

For now just PS5

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
I will react when there's a game I want that is officially anounced to be exclusive to a console I don't have. And that game is worth buying the console for.

Always buying Nintendo and Sony... and my PC is in standby for a possible upgraded GPU, but so far nothing makes it worth it.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Nothing has changed for the short term. Microsoft's (and the interesting parts of Bethesda) output is still largely 2022 and later.
It likely means I will build a new PC and obtain GamePass come 2022 though. But for 2020-21 the PS5 is the only platform needed.

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
Ps5 and Switch.

This may be the first generation where I will consider Xbox down the line. I want to see what the studios come up with.