• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 11, 2020
Game Gear > PS1 > PS2 (x3, damn unreliable) > Xbox > 360 (x4, the last one being the redesigned Gears 3 version) > PS4 > PS4 Pro.

When I have the money, the next one will be the Xbox Series X. I've loved using the PS4 (that UI), but there's so many (Halo) games I miss playing (Halo) on the Xbox that are calling me back. Also, I'm at that age where I no longer care about one console running third party games at a slightly more stable framerate than the other. Xbox has my favourite series ready to play (Halo and Splinter Cell).

That being said, I bought a DualSense for use with my laptop because at time of purchase, it was impossible to find an Xbox Series controller anywhere.
DualSense is a game-changer, and Xbox need to copy it as soon as possible.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
This is my chronology, some systems I got late but the first one was definitely the Atari and I know I was 4 or younger because it's one of my only memories from a house I moved out of when I was 4.

Atari 2600
Something else (I dunno what might have been a Colecovision) but I've looked it up and the controller doesn't looks right.
Sega SG 3000, I dunno if it counts it was more of a computer than a console.
Sega Master system, (over the years I had the original and a II.
Commodore 64, again does it count?
SNES, release year.
Megadrive a number of years after launch but current gen.
PC, from 95 onward I always have a PC.
N64, at launch.

------ I started making money-------

Playstation, while still current gen.
NES, missed this as a child.
Jaguar, I found one cheap.
Amiga 32 this was even cheaper.

Dreamcast at launch
Playstation 2, a few months after launch.
Genesis/Sega CD/32X combo machine.
3DO, Cheap purchase
Saturn, imported a Japanese system.
Xbox at launch.
GameCube at launch.

Xbox 360 at launch.
Wii at launch.
Playstation 3 a few months after launch.
XBOX One at launch, I bought a number or different models over the years.
Playstation 4 at launch and a Pro.
Switch, launch, I forgot to add other handhelds to the list.
Xbox Series X at launch.

Victinious

Jun 30, 2022
GBA SP > PS2 > DS Lite > Wii > 3DS > Wii U > New 3DS > Switch. My roommate has a PS4 or else I probably would have gotten one by now.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
SNES
N64
PSX
GameBoy Color
PS2
XBOX
X360
PS3
XB1
PS4
3DS XL
Switch gen1
PS4 Pro
XB1X
Switch gen2
Switch Oled
XBSX

Nazgoth

May 17, 2018
Belgium
Master System
Game Boy
PlayStation
Game Boy Advance
GameCube
PlayStation 2
DS
Wii
Xbox 360
DSi
3DS XL
Wii U
PlayStation 4
New 3DS XL
Switch

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
SNES for Christmas one year with pilot wings and un squadron.
N64 my "senior"year of middle school. Mario looked amazing.
GameCube because wave race was awesome.
PS2 after seeing GTA at a party
Xbox 360 for gears of war
PS3 came bundled with a new TV.
Xbox One with dead rising, ryse and black flag
Switch from the Facebook steals sale
Xbox series X
We also picked up ps4, Wii a Wii U and Vita tv along the way. Whenever the wife wanted a new game on then.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
NES
Game Boy
SNES
3DO
PS1
GBA
PS2
GameCube
Genesis
NDS
Xbox 360
PS3
Vita
PS4
Wii
3DS
Switch
PS5

Only ones I don't have any more are the 3DO and anything that's made redundant by BC in later machines.

ElCidTmax

Oct 28, 2017
Atari Ultra Pong Doubles - https://www.ataricollection.com/125-atari-c-402d-ultra-pong-doubles-games-console/
Atari 2600
TRS80 Color Computer*
C64*
Amiga*
Sega Genesis
PC 386SX-20, Trident VESA graphics card, 80MB HDD, original Soundblaster
SNES
PS2
Xbox
PS3
PSP
DS Lite
Wii
PS4
PS Vita
PS4 Pro
Switch
PS5
Steam Deck

I probably got the order wrong
* obviously these are computers, but console adjacent
** to be followed by decades of rebuilds and upgrades

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
NES
SNES
N64
PSone
PS2
Xbox
GameCube
Xbox 360
Wii
PS3
Xbox 360 Slim
Wii U
Xbox One
PS4 Slim
Xbox One S
Nintendo Switch
Xbox One X
Xbox Series X

Plus a Dreamcast in there somewhere when GameStop was selling them for cheap. Also had a few handhelds.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
  • SNES - It was from my older brother
  • PC with Windows 95 - It was the whole family PC. And we could only use it at the time the internet was free
  • PS1 - I don't even remember how I as a kid (below 7) knew about the PS1 and asked for it. But I got one as a gift on my birthday
  • Game Boy Color - It was purely for Pokémon
  • Game Boy Advance - Again, Pokémon
  • PS2 - By the time I got a PS2, everyone and their parrots had one. I think I got it one year before the Xbox 360 was launched. And by that time I didn't even know what an Xbox was.
  • PC with Windows XP - And yes, my family had a single PC with Windows 95 throughout the whole Windows 98 and some of the XP era as well. It was hard. We couldn't even use new internet connections, meaning we were on dial-up, because our PC didn't have parts built for that.
  • Xbox 360
  • PS3 Slim
  • PS4 - 2014 - it was the first console we could by close to launch. I bought it just 6 months after lunch and it is my favorite console to date. I also promised myself I would get PS5 at launch. See how that did go at the end of the list
  • Switch - 2017 - this one was unique to me, because I bought it in another country. I bought it, several games and accessories for the Switch, including a big case, before I arrived the US. So those items were waiting for me to arrive. And it was great. I had a great time with my Switch when I arrived.
  • PS4 Pro - 2018 - I sold my PS4 on my home country and bought the Pro one on the US. I also got a TV for $300 to experience HDR. That was funny to carry returning home.
  • PS5 - lol at my previous promise. 1) my priorities completely changed, 2) it was hard as fuck to find one, and 3) I didn't have many reasons to buy it immediately. But I'll get it on October.

Mr Hazelnuts

Apr 3, 2022
NES
SNES
PS1
PS2
Xbox 360
PS4
PS5

I've had many of the other consoles and handhelds including failures like the Atari Lynx and the Jaguar but these have been my 'mains'.

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
I was mainly on PC for a good part of my childhood and teengae years, but also :

-Game Boy Color around 8-9 years old
-Dreamt of a Dreamcast around 12 years old, instead got a Gamecube not long after (2004 I think ?), mostly to play the shit out of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
-2005 was THE YEAR OF THE NINTENDO DS, so I got it on Day One of its European Release
-Same in 2007 with the Nintendo Wii
-Got a short-lived PSP, I think it was around 2011
-Had a Nintendo 3DS around 2016 I think? The Samus model. Didn't used it that much beside Majora 3D and Samus Returns, heh...
-Finally got a Switch around 2018-2019, and bought an old PS4 from a friend at this moment

Not counting some retro consoles I had during my teenage year, SNES, Megadrive, NES...
I also had a few anomaly such as a Vectrex that we found in an old abandoned garage in the middle of country-side France, when I was a kid.

Also had a beat up PS2 I bought from some weird retro game seller, around 2009, it didn't live that long.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
-Atari 2600
-NES
-NES Top Loader
-SNES
-Genesis
-Sega CD Model 2
-Game Boy
-Game Gear
-32X
-N64
-Saturn
-PlayStation
-Game.Com
-Dreamcast
-Game Boy Color
-PlayStation 2
-Xbox
-GameCube
-Game Boy Advance
-Wii
-Xbox 360
-Nintendo DS
-PlayStation Portable
-PlayStation 3
-Master System
-Wii U
-Atari 7800
-TurboGrafx-16
-Commodore 64
-Nintendo 3DS
-Xbox One
-Switch
-PlayStation 4
-Xbox Series X

I think that might be the correct order?

I still have all of these except my Atari 2600 and original NES, as my mom threw those out randomly when I was little...and I lost my Game.Com during a move.

I actually keep it all plugged in, too (except for the Commodore 64, as I only have a copy of Frogger for that).

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Family bought an Atari 2600 when i was 4, a bit blurry but i still remember the moment the console arrived home. Shit started pretty early. List go from when i get the system and when i sold it.

Atari 2600 (~1985 - 1989)
NES (1989-1992)
SNES (i still have it) - Genesis (and Sega CD in 1994) - Gameboy (1992 - 1996)
N64 (1996 - 2000)
PSX (1997 - 2001)
Gaming PC (1998 - today?)
Dreamcast (2000 - 2003)
Gameboy Advance (2001 - 2005)
PS2 (2003 - 2009)
Wii (2006 - 2010)
PS3 (2009 - still have it)
PS4 - 2016 - 2021
Switch (2017 - still have it and kicking ass!)
PS5 (2021 - we just started)

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
PSP
PS3
PS4

Even never having owned a good PC, most of the games I played until high school were on the computer.

My roommate had an XBOX One, so I played that for a number of years, meaning I didn't get my PS4 until about 4 years ago. I don't expect to get a next generation console for a few years either.

Jun 3, 2018
London
Mine is very short, because I played in computers for all of my childhood. I was 24 when I bought my first console. It went like this:

Xbox 360 (bought it just because I wanted to play Red Dead Redemption)
PS4 (bought it after a breakup)
Nintendo 3DS (bought it to play Fantasy Life and Dragon Quest VII)
Nintendo Switch (to play BotW)
PS5 (because I wanted to upgrade the PS4)

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
In order...

- Amiga 600
- Nintendo
- Super Nintendo
- PC
- Nintendo 64
- Game Boy Color
- Dreamcast
- Gamecube
- DS
- Xbox 360
- Wii
- PSP
- PS3
- 3DS
- Wii U
- PS2 (YES)
- Switch

I would like to have a PS4/5 or Xbox Series X, but with the backlog, the Switch and PC games, I'm fulltime.
Edit: I played a lot of Sega games thanks to my friends MegaDrive (Genesis), so I didn't missed the Sega's big ones. But sadly, none of my friends had non-Nintendo consoles, so and I missed the Saturn/PS1 and PS2 games :(

Last edited:

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Atari 2600 -- my dad's, not really mine but I played it. He still has it at my parents' house.

Nintendo Entertainment System -- my 5th birthday present. SNES already existed, but nobody told me and I had no clue, too young. I still have it. I think now, after 30 years, it finally turned yellow. I still pull it out and play Mega Man 2 on an old CRT now and then. The modern collection versions have noticeable input lag, having grown up with the game on NES.

Sega Game Gear -- my first handheld, my parents let me choose between that or Game Boy for our long vacation drives. Being young and stupid, I chose Game Gear. I still have it, but it died. I bought another online, also died. One day I'll use them as soldering practice.

Nintendo Game Boy Pocket -- not mine, my sister got it, but she shared it with me constantly. We ran through Pokemon Red at least three times with it, and completed the pokedex. Later, I'd buy my own as an adult and modify it to have a light-up screen. Actually, I did two. Might mod another one soon.

Nintendo Game Boy Color -- bought with my own allowance money saved up, got the lime green version. Strangely, didn't get any Gen 2 Pokemon games. I sold this to trade for GBA games eventually. As an adult, I bought another one. Or several. Because collecting. And modding.

Nintendo 64 -- Xmas present for me and my sisters to share. We played the shit out of it, days and days of MK64 and Perfect Dark and OoT and MM and SM64 and on and on. It still exists at my parents' house, but I bought my own used for $20 when I went to college and slyly snatched most of the games for myself over the years. Still have it.

Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP -- Xmas present. Another astonishing and amazing system, with some incredible games. I still have it.

Sony Playstation -- I'm in high school, I have my first job, I got myself a TV for my bedroom and this system $20 used at Game Stop. Had some fun with it, but traded it back. I have a slim version PSOne from my wife's grandmother, but it's very very gross and dirty and I haven't played it yet.

Sony Playstation 2 -- Bought with my own money used during high school. Another amazing system, I still have it.

Nintendo DS Lite -- This came out when I was in college, and I bought the white version day one. Again, amazing system. Best Mario Kart (until 8), even with snaking (which I didn't do). I still have it, but my sister had spilled grape juice on it, so it's a bit off color and crusty. I also have a red and black one--when I bought Pokemon Heart Gold the day it came out, I decided to randomly get a new DS Lite to go with it. I also still have this one. I had also gone on eBay and bought some broken DS Lites and an aftermarket shell and made myself a clear DS Lite. But the hinge broke after a year.

Nintendo Wii -- Camped outside Toys R Us in Parma for this. Lots of fun, but I did get a little tired of motion being worked into games where it didn't belong. I sold this eventually, the little door flaps were missing and I had a GC and a Wii U, so I figured I had everything covered. Should have kept it for the sake of collection, but oh well.

Sony Playstation 3 -- Bought this when I was in grad school with a gift card my apartment complex kicked out to me for some reason. Still have it--it's our Blu-Ray player. Controller batteries don't last for shit anymore, and I need to clean it out because discs are coming out hot, but it works.

Nintendo Game Boy (DMG) -- I got a red one off eBay when I thought I might get into chiptune. Still think I might. Someday. I still have it, and several more that I bought up and modified over the last couple years. I have 9 total, 7 of which are modded.

Nintendo 3DS -- My wife (girlfriend at the time) bought this for me. She's the best. I still have it and pull it out now and then.

Nintendo Game Cube -- Bought one of these off eBay to be able to play GC games that I'd previously played on Wii (really just Metroid Prime 1 and 2). Since we sold the Wii. Then I bought another one with the extra port so I could get a better picture on modern televisions. So I have two of these.

Nintendo Wii U -- I was in no hurry to get this one, but my wife thought they would be impossible to find like the previous Wii, so we got it early. Honestly, it gets a really bad rap. The marketing and the name were confusing and bullshit, yes, but this system had some incredible games on it. That's why they all got ported to Switch eventually, Nintendo knew the games were good at least. Still have it for the games, not gonna spend $60 to buy again on Switch.

Nintendo Game Boy Advance -- I bought a modified regular GBA with the better light up screen off a website. Still have it. I also bought and modded a few myself since then, a couple for me, one for my wife.

Sega Genesis -- I bought this at a flea market, and started getting games off eBay. Never had one as a kid. It rules. It's a version 2. My mother-in-law's ex-husband got me a version 1 as well, but it doesn't work and I haven't figured out how to fix it. Still have both. By this point in the timeline, as you've probably gathered, I'm a married adult and I'm really going to start collecting some older systems.

Nintendo Switch -- An awesome little platform, as someone who loves Nintendo games and retro games and games in the style of retro games, it's great. My wife eventually got the Animal Crossing version, so we have two now.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System -- One of my best friends from home and school had one of these when we were growing up. We'd play it in his parents' (finished) basement. One of the times my wife and I visited home (we'd moved out of state) I asked him about it. I thought it was at his parents', but he went to his closet and pulled it out. I bought it from him along with all the games. It rules.

Analogue Mega Sg -- Does this count? It plays Genesis carts in HD with no lag because it's not emulator-based, but rather FPGA. It's cool as hell. I got an adapter so I can also play my Game Gear games on it, since that died.

Analogue Super Nt -- Also got the SNES one, same deal, it's awesome.

Sega Saturn -- My wife bought this for me from a friend from work. Hard to find games though. I may or may not have done some activities to be able to play more games on it. I also may or may not have gotten a computer virus from doing so and had to reinstall Windows. Oops. It's a fun system though, 2D fighting games look amazing on it.

I preordered a Playdate, so there's that eventually. I also have many many modded versions of Game Boys, as noted above in those categories. I'm not selling systems anymore, only getting. Note the lack of XBox. From the first, I was like "Bill Gates doesn't need more of my money" and then there was the charging for online play (thanks for normalizing that total bullshit, MS), then there was RROD, then there was XBone trying to screw people over and having to change their whole plans--just never got any Xboxes because of all that.

I built and rebuilt my gaming PC a few times though, so I really only miss out on Sony exclusives (note no PS4 or PS5 either in my collection.)

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Atari 2600
Sega Master System
NES
Genesis
SNES
Saturn
N64
PS1
Dreamcast
Gamecube
PS2
PS3
Wii
PS4
XB1
Switch
XSX
PS5

There's a lot of selling and re-purchasing, but I just included first time purchases. No handhelds either.

John198X

Nov 9, 2018
NES [1988] > Game Boy > SNES >
Genesis (v2) > Sega CD (v2) > Virtual Boy >
Nintendo 64 > PlayStation > Game Boy Color >
Dreamcast > PlayStation 2 > GameCube >
Nintendo DS > Wii > PlayStation 3 >
Nintendo 3DS > GBA (for retro) >
PlayStation 4 > Switch (my kid's, really)

I've also used a Turbografx, Xbox, and 360 when they were contemporary.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Nes
Snes
Gameboy
Virtual boy
Ps1
Ps2
Gameboy advance
Genesis
Sega saturn
Psp
Wii
Ps3
Ps4
Psvita
Switch
Ps5

Last edited:

Gezech

Oct 28, 2017
Bootleg NES/SNES
Nintendo 64
PlayStation
Game Boy Color
PlayStation 2
Game Boy Advance
Nintendo GameCube
PlayStation Portable
Nintendo DS
Xbox 360
PlayStation 3
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo 3DS
PlayStation Vita
Nintendo Switch

After the PS3, I started gaming mostly on PC and now just buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
NES
Genesis
SNES
Sega CD
32X
PlayStation
N64
Game Boy Color
Dreamcast
PS2
Gamecube
Xbox
Saturn (late!)
GBA
NDS
PS3
Wii
3DS
Jaguar (late)
3DO (late)
Vita
PS4
Wii U
PSP (late)
Xbox One
PS4 Pro
Xbox One X
Switch
PS5
Series X

Still have them all except the OG PS4 and X1. I also have variants of a lot of them like every US released N64 and the black Dreamcast etc.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Magnavox Odyssey - Dad bought one for the fam when I was 3 yrs old. We only had it for about a month, he got rid of it because nobody touched it after a few days. But I played on it a couple times and it fascinated me, it all started there for me. Years later I begged for an Atari 2600 and Intellivision, but my parents would never allow another console in the house. All my friends had them so I still got to play a lot. When I graduated junior high they bought me a TI994A, but that was a computer not a console. Then I lost all interest in video games anyway. I got back into them after I finished college and started buying consoles:

SNES
Lynx
Genesis (Megadrive my ass)
Game Gear
Jaguar
Saturn
Playstation
N64
Gameboy
Dreamcast
PS2
Xbox
Gameboy Advance
Gamecube
DS
PSP
Wii
PS3
3DS
Vita
Wii U
PS4
Xbone
Switch
XSX
PS5

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Atari 2600
NES
Gameboy
Genesis
SNES
PSX
Neo-Geo CD
Dreamcast
PS2
GBA
Xbox
Gamecube
Xbox 360
PS3
PSP
Wii
Wii U
PS4
PSTV (Vita TV)
PS4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Xbox One X
Switch Lite
PS5
Xbox Series X
Switch OLED

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
NES
SNES
Genesis
PS1
N64
Neo Geo
Dreamcast
PS2
Xbox
GameCube
GBA
DS
Saturn
Xbox 360
PSPGo
Wii
PS3
PS4
WiiU
Switch
PS5

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm not entirely sure, but I think below is the correct order:

Amiga
Game Boy
PlayStation
Game Boy Pocket
Neo Geo Pocket Color*
Game Boy Color
Mega Drive
PlayStation 2
Game Boy Advance
Dreamcast
GameCube
Nintendo DS
Xbox 360
Wii
PlayStation 3
Wii U
SNES Mini (would this even count?)
Switch

I don't game as much as I once did, which is why I stopped buying new PlayStation and Xbox consoles. I will have a Steam Deck someday soon (hopefully), so I'll pick up some of the games I missed on that.

*My parents sadly got rid of it after a couple of weeks since the screen was faulty, and instead replaced it with the Game Boy Color... 😢

macindc

Oct 27, 2017
It got kinda weird in the 90s.
Sega Master System
NES
Genesis
Sega CD
N64
Sega Nomad
PS1
3DO
PS2
Wii
PS3
3DS
PS4
Switch
PS5

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
SNES (Technically my older brother's)
Game Boy Light
Game Boy Color
N64
Game Boy Advance (I think that this was when I started "owning" my own consoles)
Gamecube (We were definitely a Nintendo household growing up)
Pokemon Mini
DS
PSP (There was a massive gap of about a decade here as I went through college and started working. By the time I bought this, it was definitely retro.)
Neo Geo Pocket (In my adult life, I have favored retro and boutique systems, especially as I quickly lost interest in mainstream AAA gaming.)
3DS
Xbox 360
Playdate

I'm sort of considering biting the bullet and ordering a Steam Deck given what my gaming habits are like now.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
SNES

Got the SNES Mario World bundle with Street Fighter 2, F-Zero and Zelda: A Link to the Past as a Christmas present. Racing and fighting games are my favorite genres now. I enjoyed my time with Zelda but never got into any of the sequels. Other favorites include Super Metroid, Mario Kart, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Donkey Kong Country, Rock'n Roll Racing, Super Castlevania IV, Killer Instinct, Tiny Toons, Mystical Ninja and Contra 3.
THE publisher of my childhood: Konami

The SNES still works today.

PS (main platform)
N64
Saturn

Bought the PlayStation at launch with Ridge Racer, Wipeout and Toshinden. PS has been my main platform of that generation. I started reading video game magazines and got more interested in the technical aspects of PAL and NTSC, which is why I had my PS modded. We had a video games store in town that sold import games. I still don't know how I did it but the first time I played through FFVII it was the Japanese version. The graphics and music kept me going despite me not understanding any Japanese. I later bought a Nintedo 64 after seeing Mario 64 in the local games store.

Some of my favorite games include: FFT, SOTN, RR Type 4, Tekken 3, SF Alpha Series, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Resident Evil series, Tomb Raider series, Gran Turismo series, Motor Toon GP 2, Xenogears, Mario Kart 64, KI Gold, Soul Edge, Bloody Roar

My launch PS lived through the generation but I had to turn it upside down for games to work in the end.

Favorite publisher: Capcom

I sold the Saturn shortly after I bought it. For whatever reason Virtua Fighter 2 and Sega in general didn't do it for me back then which is funny because...

Dreamcast
PS2
PSP
Gamecube
Xbox

Spent most of my time playing on Dreamcast, even though I absolutely loved the first PlayStation and some of its games. The arcade ports blew me away and suddenly I couldn't get enough of Sega. I got as many games as possible and was absolutely gutted when Sega discontinued production.

Some of my favorites: Soulcalibur, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Samba de Amigo, Hydro Thunder, RE Code Veronica, Shenmue series, Quake 3 Arena Online, Phantasy Star Online, MSR, DOA2, MvC2, SF Zero 3...

Favorite publisher: Sega

After that I lost interest in gaming. I tried with the PS2 but apart from some SSX, GT3, FFX, DQVIII and God of War I mostly used the thing as a dvd player as I got more interested in movies and tv shows.

I bought the Gamecube because of the exclusive Resident Evil games (and Mario Kart DD of course) and even got an Xbox that I never used. My sister however loved games like Morrorwind and Fable.

Years passed...

PS3 (launch model)
360 (Falcon)
Wii
3DS
PS3 Slim
360 Slim
Vita

Still crazy about movie collecting I got a PS3 as a bonus for a cell phone contract. I had to own a blu-ray player and iirc the PS3 was considered a good one. I don't remember how I got The Darkness and Uncharted but the latter reignited my passion for video games, and luckily, the local games store was still there. Weirdly enough I found that most of my gaming buddies owned an Xbox 360 so I had to get one too.

My first game: Lost Odyssey. Incredible game.

I got completely sucked into the Xbox eco system with Xbox Live, Xbox Live Arcade and Xbox achievements. I still got the occasional PS3 exclusive. I also bought a Wii and a 3DS relatively late in the generation, mostly for Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Mario Kart 7/Wii, Mario 3D Land and a few other games.

Other favorite games include: Uncharted series, Last of Us, Gears of War series, SF4 series, Fable series, PGR series, Forza series including Horizon, RE5, Nier, Wipeout, MvC3, Tales of Vesperia, Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2, Persona 4 Golden, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space series, Blur, Split/Second, Sonic Racing Transformed, DKC Returns, Metroid Prime Trilogy ...

I still played on all systems but Xbox was my favorite platform.

The Xbox One was not.

Xbox One
PS4
Wii U
PS4 Slim/PSVR
Xbox One X

I almost skipped the Xbox One but it was the only console that was easily available at launch here in Germany. It had Killer Instinct and Forza and Ori but overall I spent much less time playing games on the system. My friends still played on Xbox and that sucked, because none of my friends had a PS4 to play SF5.

Some other favorites: Sekiro, Uncharted series, The Last of Us Remastered, Wipeout VR, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Driveclub, Forza Horizon series, Onrush, Dirt Rally, Resident Evil series, Crash Team Racing, Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze, Tomb Raider series...

Series X
PS5
Switch

Luckily Microsoft did better this time. The Xbox is used almost daily. I simply prefer the eco system because of backward compatibility, Game Pass and other things. I only use the other consoles for exclusives or some multiplayer games...because all of my friends are on PlayStation now.

If you made it to the end of my personal console and gaming history: Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Genesis (pre-redesign)
Sega CD add-on
GameGear
PS1
GBA
PS2
Dreamcast
PSP (did it come out before PS3?)
PS3 (launch)
Vita (launch)
Wii
PS4 (launch)
PS5 (launch)

Owning multiple non-portable consoles is such a hassle for me that I'm just not going to do it anymore. Last time I had multiple was during PS3/Wii days.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
NES
SNES
N64
Game Boy Colour
GameCube
Game Boy Advance
PS2
Wii
DS
PSP
PS3
Xbox 360
Vita
Wii U
PS4
Xbox One
Switch
PS5
Xbox Series S

Although my list has a lot of Nintendo I have to say I've probably clocked more hours on PS2, PS3 and PSP than all the others combined. I tend to get everything eventually even if I barely play a console.

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
NES (Christmas gift for my older sister and I)
Genesis (Friend bought me this at the end of the gen).
Sega Saturn (The free three game deal was to good in my eyes).
PlayStation 2 (This is when I started earning my own money).
DS (I think I only briefly owned this)
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4
New 2DS lite
Nintendo Switch
PlayStation 5

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Started in the late 70's.

1. Pong
2. Atari 2600
3. Intellivision
4. ColecoVision
5. NES
6. Master System
7. Genesis
8. SNES
9. TG-16
10. Sega-CD
11. 3DO
12. N64
13. Saturn
14. PS1
15. Dreamcast
16. PS2
17. Gamecube
18. Xbox
19. Wii
20. Xbox 360
21. PS3
22. Wii U
23. PS4 Pro
24. Switch
25. Xbox Series X
26. PS5

I also had access to a Commodore 64, an Amiga, and an Apple computer. To be bloody honest with you all, I spent equal time in the arcades as well.

And if I had to choose a favorite era of mine, above all else, 80's arcades all the way. The social aspect, getting/ maintaining high score, jukeboxes, an always active competitive scene, just though to beat.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
  1. NES
  2. SNES
  3. Genesis (replaced the SNES)
  4. Nintendo 64
  5. Playstation
  6. Dreamcast
  7. Gamecube
  8. Playstation 2
  9. Wii
  10. Playstation 3
  11. Xbox 360
  12. Wii U
  13. Playstation 4
  14. Switch
I'm planning on getting a PS5 after Final Fantasy XVI releases. No plans to get an Xbox.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
GameBoy in 91 or 92
SNES in 94
PS1 in 98
Gaming PC in 2000
PS2 in 2005
GameCube in 2006
PlayStation Portable also in 2006
PS3 in 2007
Xbox 360 Elite in 2007
New Gaming PC in 2013
PS4 in 2015 just for Bloodborne
Switch OLED in 2021 but sold a few weeks ago.

somewhere in between was a Sega Mega CD to play Kojima's Snatcher.
and a Dreamcast to play Shenmue.

PC only again. Handheld gaming isn't for me.

skobuffs

Mar 21, 2021
Christmas 1988: NES Action Set (Mario/Duck Hunt pack in, two controllers, orange Zapper) my earliest memory

1992ish- OG Gameboy with Tetris pack in

Christmas 1996- Original SNES variant with Zelda pack in, Iwas finally able to convince my parents to buy it after N64 launched and the price dropped

1998- Game Boy Color (solid purple), bought at launch with my own money, they were cheap

Christmas 1998- Nintendo 64, I think we had more money by this point so I didn't have to wait so long to get one

2000- PS2 at launch, own money

2001- Game Boy Advance Glacier (translucent), birthday

Christmas 2001- GameCube (Purple)

2003- GBA SP at launch, own money

Christmas 2004- Nintendo DS

2005- Xbox 360 at launch, bought by roommate

Christmas 2008-10?- Wii, not sure of the year I had sort of lost interest in games at this point

Christmas 2014- 3DS XL New Super Mario Brothers 2 version, couldn't think of anything else I wanted and thought I'd play some games for nostalgia's sake

2017 or 2018- Used PS3, they were finally cheap and I'd never played it

2018- V1 Switch (Gray), maybe I'll give this gaming thing a go again

2019- Xbox One X Fallout 76 bundle, I don't like Fallout but it was the cheapest

2020- Series X, release date

2021- OLED Switch

I think it's interesting to see the trends of being kind of poor and getting things late, to getting everything, to fizzling out, to returning to the hobby.

carda114

Oct 28, 2017
My father was resistant to video games and my family didn't always have the money to afford such things. We got two Gameboy Pockets to share among three siblings, including me, and eventually my mother bought a cheap N64 from Blockbuster, a rental unit, as a surprise. Still own the case.

Somehow I managed to talk my mother into buying me a Gameboy Color when Oracle of Ages wouldn't work on my Pocket. I gathered up bottles and cans to redeem the 5 cent deposits in order to buy a used Gamecube. Mom bought me a GBA SP (but no games) for a car ride down the East coast to Florida. My older brother bought a PS2 and some extras off a friend who didn't want it anymore.

My mother, who seems too generous for her own good now that I'm thinking about it, got me a PSP at launch and a Nintendo DS for Christmas.

I talked my family into buying PS3s to flip online, which was obviously very stupid considering the state of that console at launch, but my mother basically bought one of the unsold ones off my brother and his girlfriend for asking price and gave it to me. I wouldn't flip this stuff anymore, it's a shitty thing to do, but at the time it just seemed like a good idea.

Finally, my mother gave us money to buy a Wii and we lucked out on getting one locally. After that, I've bought everything myself, such as upgrading my DS to a DS Lite, replacing my PS3 when it died, buying a 360 that I eventually sold off for lack of use. I got a Vita on launch when in college and a 3DS at launch too. I grabbed a Wii U and PS4 sometime within a half year of their release, and an Xbox One X later on, and a Switch at launch. Managed to get a PS5 about half a year after release and then an Xbox Series X after selling off the Xbox One X.

It's been kinda nutty that I've managed to get my hands on these, to be honest, because especially lately it's such a pain to do so.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Well if I include the things I got from my older brother as hand-me-downs:

Consoles:

SNES
N64
PSX
GameCube
PS2
Wii
XBOX 360
PS3