• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SuperNerd3000

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait for this game to drop but I greatly, greatly want Respawn to follow the gameplay formula of the first entry.

TF2 was great; TF1 was EPIC.

My concern is that Respawn is now controlled by EA and how that fares towards the game's development is anyone's guess.

Titanfall was an underrated franchise all through this gen and needs some more love before a proper sendoff. I hope EA lets Respawn do their thing without too much interference so I remain hopeful for an excellent Titanfall 3.

How about you? Are you pining for TF3?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
as much as i love TF2 and how boring i find star wars, i think Fallen Order is gonna be amazing

i'll wait on tf3 for afterwards

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I literally bought an Xbox One copy of Titanfall 2 at a dollar store today for a grand total of 4 Canadian dollars. My confidence in Titanfall 3 ever actually happening? Low.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Titanfall 2 felt better than Titanfall 1 imo (regarding just multiplayer), so I'm rather confident that a Titanfall 3 could be even better.

All it needed was a good release window (and not stuck right between COD and Battlefield for fucks sake, EA), but unfortunately all people hear about Titanfall is that it barely sold, so most casual FPS players that don't visit forums or anything think it's bad.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I think it'll happen, but likely not until next gen.

Why? Consider it. Right now, EA has completely drained consumer confidence in both the Battlefield and Battlefront brands. Titanfall is the last competitive FPS brand under their watch.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Titanfall 3 will come out but I don't have high hopes for it. Multiplayer wise respawn lost their way, they did the exact opposite of what made, and what they acknowledged made Titanfall 1 so good in 2 and I don't think they're gonna do justice for 3.

I'm sure the campaign will be fantastic but a 4-5 your campaign just doesn't hold up these days.

After Titanfall 3? I'd question if we ever see the IP again though. But I think a third one is on the cards for now.

MegaMix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did TitanFall 2 really "bomb" or is it simply the case of not living up to the industry's insane expectations?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Keep the grappling hook and a sword-based Titan in the game and I'm DTTF (Down To TitanFall.)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know cause I haven't payed attention to its sales but I just started playing Titanfall 2 this weekend and I'm loving it. Really cool campaign.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Did TitanFall 2 really "bomb" or is it simply the case of not living up to the industry's insane expectations?
It didn't even come close to Titanfall 1 sales despite coming out later and being on PS4.

It didn't completely sell like shit iirc but I don't think anyone involved will be particularly happy about how it sold

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
As long as EA doesn't completely kneecap it by making it compete directly with other, larger, more established EA titles, it should do great.

But man TF2 got a bum deal.

It bombed because it was forced to go up against Battlefield 1 and COD:AW, which got all of the marketing.

The general public didn't even know it was out.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Titanfall 2 was one of the best FPS I ever played and it's a crying shame at how badly it was mismanaged on EA's side.

It was given the absolute WORST release date I've ever seen...jamming it right inbetween Battlefield and Call of Duty, leaving it no room to carve it's own distinctive niche. If it had been delayed until February or March, I can see it getting traction and being a much bigger success.

I would love a Titanfall 3, I have the utmost faith in the talented devs at Respawn, but I don't think we'll ever get one because EA is notoriously short-sighed when it comes to this kind of shit. Respawn will likely be put on Licensed Game duty for the foreseeable future

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Didn't we have a tease in one of Respawn's streams? Something about a "stealth" Titan.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
I am confident. Respawn is an excellent developer (same reason I am very excited for Fallen Jedi), and both the MP of TF1 and SP of TF 2 were amazing.

If they manage to combine those two, they will be golden. And now that TF is an EA IP and they own the studio, they will be more careful to find the right timeslot to launch the game, instead of competing against Battlefield.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I hope they don't royally screw up the MP maps like with TF2. I'm optimistic that nearly all of the non-Live Fire DLC maps being TF1 remasters means that they understood the issue.

Oct 29, 2017
How many times does it have to be said? EA did not choose the release date for TF2, an internal marketing team at Respawn did

I really, really hope TF3 gets made. Some of the funnest MP shooters ever

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Not happening before next gen and frankly I don't think there is a mass market for it period. One only needs to look at BFV a much more successful franchise struggling because of lack of BR.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they'll make something completely different

then when it fails they'll put out an early access battle royale game

a week later the company will fold

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly hope they learned from TF2 that lane-based maps aren't especially interesting and strike a middle ground between the first and second game's map design approach.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
We were left on a thrilling sequel hook for the campaign, well I mean the thrilling hook is the idea of more TF campaign and not so much whatever that south african merc was on about.
I want to believe it exists and is coming within the next two years, hopefully with less shit mp map design because I still wake up with cold sweats when I dream of being loaded into forwardbase kodai.

All that said, I expect this one would have more grubby EA fingerprints all over it, not too dissimilar to Timesplitters 2 going onto Future Perfect where yeah it was still good but damn EA got their shit in unfortunately.