• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
That one skill you have that's maybe kind of useful sometimes but not that interesting? Mine is that I'm really good at keeping track of time in my head. Like, I can tell you when 10 minutes has passed with just a few seconds off. Stuff like that.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like a walking encyclopedia. Chances are if you ask me for some information about something, I'll know it.

Deleted member 54170

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 25, 2019
I have no problems with sleeping. If I am tired and I want to sleep I just sleep. If I wake up and I am still tired, I just continue with sleeping. I don't care if there is light on or someone is talking, I will just sleep.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
my friends ask me for help for basic google searches
Hey being skilled at Google-fu is nothing to sneeze at. When people are good at something and it comes to them naturally they take for granted how hard it may be for other people.

Like the OP, I'm pretty good at guessing the time but only when I wake up at night. Like I'll know it's 330am or 630am. I've thought about why I'm so good at it and I figured it out, so I guess it's not a super power. Just me subconsciously knowing when it will be dead quiet outside, when the traffic usually starts, when I hear busses begin, when the darkness starts to break but the sun isn't up, when the sun is rising etc.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Back when Simpsons was airing on syndication I would think of a episode and it generally will be the one that aired that night.

Also near perfect timing on microwaving food.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Knowing which cupboard contains the glasses in a kitchen which I am unfamiliar with.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I learned names of cars before learning how to read. I can identify most car models and names at a glance. 90's car commercials set the groundwork, but Gran Turismo made me a God. When I was 10 I thought I could get a job as "that policeman that chases the bad guy and can tell the exact model and brand of the bad guy´s car so that the other cops don´t get confused"

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
I look at how the world around me affects me or others and figures out why, and what's most engaging about it. I mostly want to apply it to level design, and I've had a lot of fun with the few times I've tried making some levels, but I dunno if I'll ever get the chance to do exactly what I want with it.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I have really good hearing... For a human. I can hear THESE FUCKING KIDS NEXT DOOR SCREAMING INSIDE THEIR FUCKING HOUSE ALL DAY AND NIGHT HOLY SHIT SHUT THE FUCK UP KIDS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really good at remembering directions after one or two times following the route without a GPS.

And I have bad memory with everything else so I don't know why this sticks.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a walking retro gaming encyclopedia.

I'm also a very fast button masher, which is very useful for a limited set of Mario Party mini-games.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really good at remembering directions after one or two times following the route without a GPS.

And I have bad memory with everything else so I don't know why this sticks.
same. The only things my memory is good for is locations/directions and visual memory. Everything else I'm horrible in, ugh

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
Mine is antipredictive imagination. I can vividly imagine anything that will not happen. The closer I am to imagining something that will happen, the more nebulous and fuzzy the image that forms in my head.

I need to figure out some way to weaponize it for profit at some point, but I will either happen onto the means to do so spontaneously, or meet dismal failure on whatever path I try to imagine will work towards achieving it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm very good at remembering unimportant things, like random ass collectables in games I got years ago, when I'm back in that location it just instantly comes back to me that there's a collectables here and pretty sure it's exactly here, which it usually is or close enough. Some pretty pointless conversation from months ago. Some stupid fact or random trivia.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
My ability to regularly get up early (like 4:30 in the morning)

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Lmao
Yeah I somehow know many actors' names and what they starred in previously, it's spooky how near-encyclopedic it is at times

I'm pretty confident with (US) movie release dates in that regard. I listen to the Blank Check podcast and while I'm nowhere near Griffin with box office numbers I can usually guess the top films from whatever particular weekend of the film they're doing.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Show me a font and I can, with inhuman precision, tell you it's actually called a typeface. I will then also identify it, even though you didn't ask.

Oct 27, 2017
I always remember and recognize (voice) actors. It's more annoying than helpful because it just means I'm always the dude going
giphy.gif

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
If you tell me to do fifty things in a row I can remember it no problem. If you ask me what I did yesterday I have no idea.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I can remember useless shit really well.

Trying to remember something useful? I can do it, but I have to really try.

I overheard some random sentence someone said while I walked past them? Fuck, that's gonna stick in my head for years.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
You can stick me in the trunk of a car and drive away and i'll probably be able to figure out where we end up.

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I queue really well. I have won stuff on the radio a surprising number of time. Often times a line will form after I get in line.