• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dead by Daylight has turned into a sort of "Hall of fame" of horror so far they've got:

• Resident Evil
  • Silent HIll
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Stranger Things
  • Scream
  • SAW
  • Nightmare on Elm St.
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  • Halloween
  • Evil Dead

Their original characters are also pretty awesome but I'm left wondering what are the horror franchises left that would work for the structure of the game? A lot of the more modern horror standouts like Get Out and Midsommar aren't movies that really have standout antagonists. And there are some classic franchises (Friday the 13th) that are just wrapped up in legal hell and probably couldn't or shouldn't be touched with a ten foot pole right now. My mind turns to maybe Alien but I'm not sure if Alien would lean too Sci-Fi for it to work for DBD. I'm not even sure what game franchises are left they could collab with now that the real big two Silent Hill and Resident Evil are under their belt.

Oct 25, 2017
there's two new American Horror Story shows coming out this year, maybe that would get a tie in? probably the clown guy that john carroll lynch played

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
fuck it.

Portal.

Need some robot sci-fi horror all up in this jazz and Portal can be outright hostile if you strip away the jokes

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chucky might be too busted a killer so imma say Hellraiser

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017
Candyman would make for a cool killer. You've got the hook hand for basic attacks, could probably do something with bees for his special.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Candy man has an upcoming film and is requested so that would be likely.

Stephen Kings it would work as well. Actually more surprised that hasn't happened yet.

Then there are other IPs you can definitely stretch that would be willing to be a part of it with no issue like Hellraiser. Even if it doesn't actually make sense.

———

The gaming side is a bit weird though as it seems anything sci-fi is a no go and with Silent Hill and RE now in DBD. The biggest horror franchises are in now unless they want to go more niche/cult.

Though a Clock Tower themed pack would be pretty cool.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Pinhead?

Or bring back MAH MAN (I know, I know)

wagesoffear98

Dec 8, 2019
Candy man has an upcoming film and is requested so that would be likely.

Stephen Kings it would work as well. Actually more surprised that hasn't happened yet.

Then there are other IPs you can definitely stretch that would be willing to be a part of it with no issue like Hellraiser. Even if it doesn't actually make sense.

———

The gaming side is a bit weird though as it seems anything sci-fi is a no go and with Silent Hill and RE now in DBD. The biggest horror franchises are in now unless they want to go more niche/cult.

Though a Clock Tower themed pack would be pretty cool.
Gonna probably second Candyman due to the upcoming film, since the tie-in would make sense as a promotion - would kill to see them put Pinhead in DBD though.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
Chocolate Chip Charlie 🤞

Would Sam from Trick R Treat be too small? I wonder if that would be doable.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Idk how licensing would work or impede this, but a Xenomorph would be really fucking dope, +Ripley would be the coolest survivor that could come out of one of these themed packs (Cherry on top... Nostromo map)

wagesoffear98

Dec 8, 2019
Chocolate Chip Charlie 🤞
Please tell me who I need to bribe to get a Dead by Daylight/The Stuff crossover, because I would do anything to make this happen.

Seriously, though, if we're going for deeper cuts on our picks, I'd probably implode out of sheer happiness if they added the Tall Man from Phantasm - he'd be perfect for the game. (Would accept Conal Cochran from Halloween 3, too.)

wagesoffear98

Dec 8, 2019
Alien could work.
Maybe play like a demogorgon hybrid
Facehuggers/chestbursters should be some kind of mechanic similar to the Pig's reverse bear traps if they did this. My one concern, though, is Disney - I'd be more than happy if they added Alien content seeing how much I love the original film, but I highly doubt Disney's going to negotiate with Behavior unless they can secure a certain amount of money/creative control.

Last edited:

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
We've got Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Left4Dead. With Fatal Frame 5 getting a remaster and coming to everything now I'd love for Yuri Kozukata and Ouse Kurosawa to get in there.

Not my favorite hero/antagonist pair of the franchise but it'd probably be the best way to drum up more hype for the new release.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
The Conjuring surely should get a rep, Stephen King as well, J-Horror deserves some love.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Game mechanics limit it to bipedal killers who have to be able to carry survivors to hooks.

Candyman has been rumoured for a long time as the movie was delayed.

Personally i would love to see them negotiate the Friday the 13th licence and get the missing big hitter Jason in.

OP
OP
Musubi

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Facehuggers/chestbursters should be some kind of mechanic similar to the Pig's reverse bear traps if they did this. My one concern, though, is Disney - I'd be more than happy if they added Alien content seeing how much I love the original film, but I highly doubt Disney's going to negotiate with Behavior unless they can secure a certain amount of money/creative control.

Weird. Totally forgot that Disney owns Alien now.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Game mechanics limit it to bipedal killers who have to be able to carry survivors to hooks.

Candyman has been rumoured for a long time as the movie was delayed.

Personally i would love to see them negotiate the Friday the 13th licence and get the missing big hitter Jason in.
Thanks, you just killed my hopes for Samara/Kayako 😭

I can't imagine either throwing people over their shoulders and hauling ass, without bursting into laughter

Chucky is out the window as well.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised they haven't done Conjuring or Annabelle stuff yet. Those are fairly popular I think

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
The Thing.

Let the killer have an ability to look like a survivor.

Survivors should be R.J MacReady and Childs, have them voiced by Kurt Russell and Kieth David please and thank you.

Map: The arctic base.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Lucy from Elfen Lied
Rena from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Kureiji Ollie from HoloID

Last edited:

wagesoffear98

Dec 8, 2019
The Thing.

Let the killer have an ability to look like a survivor.

Survivors should be R.J MacReady and Childs, have them voiced by Kurt Russell and Kieth David please and thank you.

Map: The arctic base.
The Thing itself would probably be a little tricky to balance, but MacReady and Childs as survivors? Holy Jesus yes. If they do that, they might as well finish off the Carpenter classics with the aliens from They Live, too.