• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Altoona style pizza..

• Get in my belly

Votes: 120 14.8%
  • I'm not putting that anywhere near my mouth

Votes: 692 85.2%

• Total voters

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Some disgusting yellow shit that had me convinced I hated cheese, believing pizza and spaghetti were only good due to the sauce and not because I was consuming some shit that's actually edible.

shutterstock_288297071.jpg

Can't even legally be called cheese, because it's not cheese. Shit ruins everything it touches, from hamburgers and even this abomination of a pizza.

I actually like it on burgers but that is it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like it on burgers but that is it.
I hate it on everything. Whenever I get my order wrong and they slap cheese on it, I'll sit there, scraping off as much as humanly possible before dousing the burger in extra ketchup before I eat it.

Sometimes, I get lucky and it's not fully melted and will come off in a solid hunk, but I can't stand that shit on anything and especially hate how burger places tend to treat it as the default.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
That picture made me say "fuck you" out loud

OP you should feel bad for posting this, how dare

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
It looks fine to me but pizza toppings and American cheese are both things the internet likes to hyperventilate about so...posting in legendary thread I guess.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the hotel both opened AND closed in 2013 serving that bullshit. Grand opening, grand closing!

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
da4e601855878ef287f9748c76c2ac64.jpg

First image on search is much more flattering. I'd try it

Nah. This looks pretty bad, like they finished the pizza in the OP under the broiler, and just the closest parts of it burned all the way to ashes while the rest stayed possibly undercooked. So now you have the taste of american cheese mixed with an ashtray.

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
My boss is from Altoona and never mentioned this beautiful trash pizza. I want it now. Is it worth a 3 hour drive? What's the best place to get this monstrosity?

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Most - if not all - of the things Americans call "pizza" are pies. Words have meaning.

This is a low effort, end of month meal with what's left in the fridge put on an old bit of bread found behind the toaster.

I've had similar lunches, but I don't call it pizza, I call it survival.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a great believer in "controversial" pizza toppings like pineapple and banana, but this shit can rot in hell

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like shit, but I would probably think it's good. Never knock on a pizza before it's in your mouth. The only pizza rule to follow.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Apparently you can use a slice of American cheese like Kraft and melt that with some milk and it has enough emulsifiers in the cheese slice to melt real cheese like cheddar etc into a smooth sauce

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The sign alone would keep me from eating anything at that place.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If Sheetz doesn't carry this, it's not officially from Altoona.

So we don't have to worry. /s

more context: the Super Size Me guy convinced altoona to do this in an attempt to prove a point in his movie about marketing and advertising that was proven by altoona naming itself "POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, Pennsylvania"

Oct 27, 2017
Looks more like a scandinavian style sandwich with cheese and sauce on it. Not the worst thing ever tbh

It could be way better though. The cheese needed to be browned a bit and it could be better.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Not something I would buy, but if someone offered me a slice I would eat it.

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
Put it on a bagel or English muffin and serve it to me after elementary school gets out and maybe.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I'd take a bite just to say I tried it. I'd never expect it to be good, but I'm no snob when it comes to american cheese. I still use it all the time for grilled cheese or burgers.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'd fuck with this. And the pic in the op.

Ive eaten a lot of weird shit after school or when I needed a stress snack. Meat loaf and Mac and cheese wrapped in tortillas, cheese melted over bread in the microwave. Fuck it.
When I was a kid, I'd wrap an Oscar Mayer wiener in a slice of Kraft American and microwave it. Or make the inverse by wrapping string cheese in baloney. Throw some ketchup on there and you've got an all-American snack.
This pizza is nothing compared to the processed snacks I've eaten in my time