• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bad?

• Dew

Votes: 286 64.0%
  • Heineken (keep your snob)

Votes: 109 24.4%
  • About the same

Votes: 52 11.6%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2017
I drank 4 cans of Mountain Dew yesterday and thought well shit dude this cant be good for me but I have never once had that thought when im pounding beers.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Beer gut is a real thing. That being said, anything with loads of sugar is bad.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Depends on the beer but definitely Mountain Dew.

Drinking a 6 pack of Corona Premier is healthier than soda

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Soda would be worse overall. You get lots of calories out of either but the sugar in soda will wreck your teeth too.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Definitely mountain dew. Sugar kills more people than tobacco. Its insane how bad sugar is for you with how its consumed today.

Jun 10, 2018
Both lead to visceral fat, fatty liver disease, high blood pressure, poor cardiovascular circulation, and diabetes.

At the very least, Heineken doesn't taste anywhere near as good as Dew, so you'd be drinking less of that in comparison.

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
with beer, its very simple whats going into your body. Carbs from grains.

soda is an insane amount of sugar, processed shit, caffeine (which isnt bad by itself), and its higher calorie.

switch to hard liqour straight if u wanna drink and be calorie conscious

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean neither are bad for your body. It Is all about how much do you do this? like doing it once in a while is way different than doing it every week or every day

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
One day, they will discover a way to combine them. Making a drink even more disgusting than Four Loko

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Not hard to drink a 6 pack of beer in say, a few hours. If I drank 6 mountain dew in one day I'd barf.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
If you burn the calories, dew will only potentially damage your teeth. Beer will kill your liver, damage your brain and prematurely age your skin.

Dec 31, 2017
You mean daily? Type 2 Diabetes and likely obesity vs. cirrhotic liver +/- alcohol dependence disorder. Excellent question. A 6 pack daily is 42 drinks a week, which is like 6x the weekly amount for "risky drinking." 6 pack of mountain dew is = ~600-700 more calories per day and 180 grams of sugar.

I would say 6 pack daily would be worse - cirrhosis will lead to either full liver failure (requires transplant), hepatic cancer, bleeding to death from varices, cerebellar/brain damage, risk of withdrawal --> death, and complicated by being a lifelong alcoholic. Not to mention damage to your personal/professional life. I would be hard counseling a patient if I heard this.

Diabetes comes with its own loads of consequences however, but can be controlled to an extent, and much of the damage will depend on overall caloric consumption. Like a huge amount people already have this.

Jun 10, 2018
If you burn the calories, dew will only potentially damage your teeth. Beer will kill your liver, damage your brain and prematurely age your skin.
Excess sugar leads to the same health complications that alcohol does.

Sugar is in fact even more dangerous because at least with alcohol you get acute effects signalling it's a poison (loss of motor skills, hangover, etc.). Sugar on the other hand is still looked at as something you can out exercise, which is virtually impossible for anyone not undergoing an athlete's regimen (so, the vast vast majority of people).

Jun 10, 2018
You mean daily? Type 2 Diabetes and likely obesity vs. cirrhotic liver +/- alcohol dependence disorder. Excellent question. A 6 pack daily is 42 drinks a week, which is like 6x the weekly amount for "risky drinking." 6 pack of mountain dew is = ~600-700 more calories per day and 180 grams of sugar.

I would say 6 pack daily would be worse - cirrhosis will lead to either full liver failure (requires transplant), hepatic cancer, bleeding to death from varices, cerebellar/brain damage, risk of withdrawal --> death, and complicated by being a lifelong alcoholic. Not to mention damage to your personal/professional life. I would be hard counseling a patient if I heard this.

Diabetes comes with its own loads of consequences however, but can be controlled to an extent, and much of the damage will depend on overall caloric consumption. Like a huge amount people already have this.
You can get fatty liver disease from sugar too. In fact, your liver can produce even more lipid molecules breaking down sugar since fructose can only be broken down by the liver.

Lord knows if you consume both Dew and Heineken that de Novo lipogenesis is functioning damn near round the clock.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
thing with "beer belly" is it isn't necessarily fat there in that bulge

i've gone from having brad pitt in fight club abs to dennis franz pregnant abs and right back to brad pitt abs in within a span of 24 hours. the empty calories are one thing, but so is the gas/excess liquid

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Mountain Dew without a doubt. Giving that swill up made me feel way better in my high school years than quitting beer did in my 40s.

Dec 31, 2017
You can get fatty liver disease from sugar too. In fact, your liver can produce even more lipid molecules breaking down sugar since fructose can only be broken down by the liver.

Lord knows if you consume both Dew and Heineken that de Novo lipogenesis is functioning damn near round the clock.

I'm aware and you're correct, but the extent of pathology with alcoholic cirrhosis is more severe.

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
depends on the beer:
If you drink a 6 pack of 7.7% IPA, you're screwed.
That Mountain Dew is way more dangerous than a 6 pack of 5.2% lager, though.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
XFqHtXEg.jpg

Brokofiev

Jun 20, 2019
Like...once? Or that amount consistently? If it's just once, pick your fave. If it's consistently, neither. Moderation.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
thing with "beer belly" is it isn't necessarily fat there in that bulge

i've gone from having brad pitt in fight club abs to dennis franz pregnant abs and right back to brad pitt abs in within a span of 24 hours. the empty calories are one thing, but so is the gas/excess liquid
Need pics with time stamp, especially for the Pitt abs. But yes, bloat is certainly a thing.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
The carbs and calories in beer are by no means good for you, but the sheer volume of carbs and calories from the added sugar alone in Mountain Dew is so much worse.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Four cans of Mountain Dew is about 200 grams of sugar.

That's pretty damn bad.

Unrivaled

Banned
Oct 13, 2020
More calories in Mountain Dew. That being said taking alot of either over time will wreak havoc inside your body.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Four cans of Mountain Dew is about 200 grams of sugar.

That's pretty damn bad.
To add to that, one can of the soda already contains 25% more than your daily recommended amount of added sugars. Just one. A full six pack is enough sugar for nearly eight adult grown men.