• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
It actually isn't. Men weight shaming women has been a thing around longer than women not wanting to date shorter men at this magnitude. And that shame was due to a lot of insecurity issues with being seen with an overweight person. It's a controlling behavior which is why, unsurprisingly, a lot of women are still weight shamed by their own partners. To compare it to male height isn't correct. The height problem just became more pronounced because, IMO, men don't have all the power in dating anymore.

it's surely not a "man's place" to sit down and throw beer bottles about women hating short men given the history of.. i dunno, the past 150 years

but if you want to parse out pre conceived predjudice for what it is yeah it is a thing. even my own grandma admittted to marrying my grandpa on virtue on his height and this was the 1930s before tinder and incel basement dwellers or whatever

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason this topic always reminds me of how the Shrek movies were ostensibly about being happy with who you are and accepting others for who they are in spite of their outward appearance, but they were more than happy to mock the shit out of a dude for being short.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I'm bald, 5'7, I'm married with a baby. In terms of relationships, if you just want to get out there and fuck like crazy, yeah, being short and/or bald might be rough, but if you want to seriously date and create a long-term relationship with someone, that person is out there. There are people who don't care that you're bald or who are actively into it, there are people who don't care about your shortness, people who are shorter than you who don't mind that you're just a little taller than them instead of a lot taller, etc. Don't let the social media/dating app marketplace be your standard for self-worth and what value you have to a partner. I know that's easier said than done.

Dodger

Banned
May 30, 2020
Theres a song called short people got no reason to live. Never heard of bald people got no reason to live.

blainethemono

Oct 27, 2017
It isn't. One of the shorter men I knew was well very respected and admired because he was buff, lean and extremely confident and charismatic. Those qualities make anyone look good.

that was the point i was trying to make

that post sounded to me like the author was saying otherwise. i'm sure that's not what they meant, and they don't literally think exercise has no benefits for a short person, but that's what i got

Last edited:

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
As a taller buff bald man I would say short guys have it worse. I haven't had any issues with online dating.

SavoyPrime

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina USA
I would say being short. Bald has been in, bald is sexy, and bald is badass lol. But you can also do something about being bald if it bothers you. You are stuck with being short.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
I'm neither so I it's hard the relate, but maybe bald? From what I hear online it seems worse, but then from what I've seen in real life it seems to be a bit over exaggerated.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
This might be the dumbest question ever tbh. Who can honestly make that comparison? It's not even close.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
From my experience back out in the dating world, being short seems like it would be exponentially worse. I started shaving my head smooth a few years ago, but I'm over 6 foot. I saw way more "I like tall guys" or "must be over x feet tall" than I ever saw comments about hair

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
If there is another ice age, nuclear winter, some civilization ending event, that bald person will freeze to death, while the short person will fit into any nooks and crannies and survive any apocalyptical scenario.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You don't need a dating app to get laid and it doesn't matter if you're short or bald as long as you're a semi attractive interesting person.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
If there is another ice age, nuclear winter, some civilization ending event, that bald person will freeze to death, while the short person will fit into any nooks and crannies and survive any apocalyptical scenario.
Short people also live longer than super tall people. The heart doesn't have to work as hard to pump blood throughout a smaller framed body thus extending the lifespan of the organ. So we have that going for us, which is nice

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
It isn't. One of the shorter men I knew was well very respected and admired because he was buff, lean, extremely confident and charismatic. Those qualities make anyone look good.
Exactly. The real answer is as always "be generally unattractive".

I know super good looking guys who are short and bald. They have no problems in dating men or women.

Tall unattractive men with full heads of hair aren't doing too well either.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
Plus we need less food to survive. We'll see who gets the last laugh when the apocalyptic hellscape arrives talls!

blakeseven

Apr 9, 2018
Agree, you can always improve yourself, for yourself, not some nebulous future partner. If it's not physically, then financial, educational, or mental health. People gotta be happy with themselves.

I just really dislike not being able to vent about dating without people assuming we're veering towards inceldon/hating women lol. Granted some comments here are very defeatist and bad but come on, we guys gotta be able to complain too :p

There are people here basically saying "if you're short you have no hope". That's not venting - that's defeatism that is basically one step away from how incels talk and think. The views these incel kids form don't just come out of nowhere and aren't formed in a vacuum. You may not like it but that is what it is. And venting doesn't give you a pass from being called out for posting stupid shit (not you specifically, obviously). We all have things in our lives that make us insecure - but there is a difference between lamenting online (as some are doing here) vs the line crossing incel shit which some are also doing here.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I could honestly pull off a shaved head, and don't have much attachment to my hair in the first place. But I've been tall all my life, and it's hard imagined being shorter than what I am now at 6'4". I really like being tall. Except on economy flights which make me want to die lmao.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
There are people here basically saying "if you're short you have no hope". That's not venting - that's defeatism that is basically one step away from how incels talk and think. The views these incel kids form don't just come out of nowhere and aren't formed in a vacuum. You may not like it but that is what it is. And venting doesn't give you a pass from being called out for posting stupid shit (not you specifically, obviously). We all have things in our lives that make us insecure - but there is a difference between lamenting online (as some are doing here) vs the line crossing incel shit which some are also doing here.
I'm really not seeing how a couple people being down on themselves is anywhere close to hating and wanting to kill women.

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Shortness is a thing that you tend to experience throughout your most vulnerable years and seems to shape a lot of short men that I know in a bad way.

Baldness tends to come later in life when you are more or less defined for the most part -- you accept it or you don't.

As mean as it sounds shortness is probably worse. Shortness to me is like under 5 6 btw

Sadsic

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
im 5'4 and have hair and my life is pretty great so prolly being bald lol

ive literally given zero fucks my entire life at my height and have never had any particular struggle with it and do not care how people perceive me based on it

i do not think i would like losing my hair though

SmackDaddy

Nov 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Jesus christ at this forum sometimes. Talking about being short like it's some sort of defectiveness.

There are clear correlations between being short and making less money and having less luck dating. So in a purely objective way, you can make that argument.

I'm short-ish, 5'7", but so far it has not negatively impacted my life more than a few comments and having to basically earn trust and respect from people the hard way, as opposed to tall people getting for almost free

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Being concerned by either of those. There's nothing wrong with being short or bald. It's just what it is.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
The real reply is both at the same time. Tall but bald looks fine, short and hair looks fine.
I'm 176cm and once someone said to me: Anything below 180cm isn't a real man to her, I will never forget this moment tbh. I feel somehow short since that day

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Most women I know won't go out with men shorter than them. Maybe if they're ridiculously charming but it's a real fight for the short guy.

Dec 31, 2017
vincent-undergoes-a-painful-procedure-to-make-himself-2-inches-taller.jpg

Lmfao

Oct 28, 2017
Try being short and brown. That's a killer.

I once got rejected by an introductions agency (where I'd be paying them) for being too short at 5'3".

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Most women I know won't go out with men shorter than them. Maybe if they're ridiculously charming but it's a real fight for the short guy.
And there's probably a lot of other factors that play into their decision. Being short doesn't seem to be a deal breaker if everything else checks the boxes.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Being tall isn't a picnic. People always ask me to get things off the top shelf at the grocery store.

Plus every shower is like this
elf-shower-scene-facebook-1481539068-custom-0.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Lol @ dudes in this thread saying variations of "I'm pretty short" and go on to state they're 5'9"/5'10"

That's some triggering shit

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think shortness is probably a detriment to every guy whereas some can pull of baldness. I'm pretty short (5,7-ish) but with my body type and young face I'd much rather be short than be bald. I

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
I am short myself (5'7) but got a very good head of hair and I'm very happy with that. I'm paranoid as fuck about ever losing that.
You can own being short, clothes look better on you, it's easier to tone up, you don't have to worry about hitting your head. I have a great life.
When you're bald, you look like an shiny egg. You're unlikely to look like Vin Diesel. And women are just as unattractive to bald guys or even more so, from talking to girls.
When I was in the clubs with my 6'3 bald friend, I had more luck with the girls. Don't get me wrong, a 6 foot guy with hair will blow me out the water but I was doing considerably well.

There must be a lot of bald guys on Era, cause you guys are tripping like fuck if you think being short is worse, unless you mean 5'3 or something which yeah I guess would suck, but children's clothes is VAT free so who's really laughing?

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
These topics always come off like some incel shit. Talking about women as some monolithic other species who have rigid socio-economic factors they look for in a mating partner. Does the size of your cranium also play a significant role?

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
Im only 5"9 and never had a problem, neither do the rest of the guys around my height.

I didn't think anyone really cared that much about height before Tinder came along

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Im only 5"9 and never had a problem, neither do the rest of the guys around my height.

I didn't think anyone really cared that much about height before Tinder came along

I just converted that to cm and jesus do people from the west (I assume you are?) really that tall if 179 cm considered short ?

I'm 182cm and already considered a giant here (to my detriment as I stand out so much in public...)